Mel Tucker Under Investigation

The Murphinator

43 minutes ago, Loebarth said:

Fox Sports reporting rumors of Urban Meyer coaching Michigan State.. Hope Not

I hope not too, mostly because I don't like Urban Meyer. But from MSU's standpoint, with everything that they have gone through (and are still going through), is Captain Lapdance really the right path? Also, Urban Meyer won't come cheap (pun intended), and MSU already blew their wad (ahem) on one huge contract which ended in an expensive scandal (yeah they fired him with cause, but there's going to be a settlement negotiated when it is all said and done). 

MSU just needs to take a quieter route for a while until they get their house in order. 

• Haha 2

So, some interesting info being reported today, with Tucker not being able to attend his hearing. I'm not quite sure what to make of this. A few thoughts and questions:

1. Does any of this make it more or less likely that Tucker himself engaged in sexual misconduct? Or is this all just to make Brenda Tracy look bad?

2. A typical Title IX/sexual misconduct case is not going to use a Complainant's prior sexual history as evidence (and in fact it is impermissible) except for a couple of rare exceptions. Further, what we can see of this letter says she was in a "consensual personal relationship" with yet another coach. What does that mean? It looked like she had a personal relationship with Tucker as well. That does not mean it was sexual, and it does nothing to say that his jerking off over the phone to her was consensual. The only thing this might show is maybe if she lied about something to the investigator, but a personal relationship with someone else does not seem relevant to the actual allegations against Tucker.

3. So now the letter says they have a witness who says the phone sex was consensual. That would be big, if it was reliable evidence. Unless someone else was listening, how would this witness know anything? Unless Tracy herself told this witness that it was consensual. Otherwise the validity of this witness is kind of sus. In all of this noise, this seems like the only bit of information that might impact the finding. 

4. There are conversations about the size of Tucker's...contract. I mean, that contract was pretty big news in the sports world when it happened, it should not be surprising that people would be talking about how crazy it was. I know they are trying to establish a motive for Tracy's charges, but there would still need to be a lot more to connect the dots. 

5. If all of this evidence is relevant (and I bet a lot of it is not), why is it being sent now and not earlier? The investigation was months ago, and the hearing was scheduled for today. The hearing is not the time to provide new evidence...parties deserve the right to review and respond (in a typical Title IX process). Further, why was this sent to the President and BOT...they are not the ones conducting the hearing. If Tucker's people are taking this process seriously, I hope this info would have been sent to the Title IX folks long before now (maybe it was, who knows). 

Wow, didn't see this tweet earlier: I don't know who this reporter is, but if she is correct, Tucker's lawyers reveal new "evidence" on the date of the hearing (which he skipped) that could potentially change the entire outcome, but they did not provide it during the investigation, and they don't even identify the actual witness or the source of the info?

LOL! This "evidence" is absolutely worthless. 

• Plus1 1
4 hours ago, Ulty said:

Wow, didn't see this tweet earlier: I don't know who this reporter is, but if she is correct, Tucker's lawyers reveal new "evidence" on the date of the hearing (which he skipped) that could potentially change the entire outcome, but they did not provide it during the investigation, and they don't even identify the actual witness or the source of the info?

LOL! This "evidence" is absolutely worthless. 

You think they just end up settling or do you think MSU will try to not pay him at all?

1 hour ago, teachercd said:

You think they just end up settling or do you think MSU will try to not pay him at all?

If I had to guess, they settle. Neither party nor the school comes out of this looking good.

I 100% believe Tucker f#%ked up and all of the ranting and raving in his & his attorneys' responses do nothing to prove his innocence. But if his attorneys have raised enough of an argument based on his contract or on jurisdiction of the investigation, then it could be the sort of thing that would drag out in court for a long while, which MSU will want no part of. MSU is gonna be desperate to end the bad press and make some of this go away.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...