Mel Tucker Under Investigation

The Murphinator

10 hours ago, teachercd said:

Nio, I mean, like my Verizon statement shows me all the texts I send/receive, the time/date and the #.

So I know that part never goes away BUT does the content of the text go away? 

I have text messages on my phone from over a year ago. So yeah the content is there unless he deletes them. Didn't OSU scrub Urbs phone for his Zach Smith??? scandal? Or whoever the guy was that beat up his wife. Maybe deleting texts is policy now. ;)

Mel Tucker changed his story, misled investigator in Michigan State sexual harassment case

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/investigations/2023/09/22/michigan-state-mel-tucker-false-claims-sexual-harassment/70922038007/

With his job, reputation and the roughly $80 million left on his contract at stake, Tucker repeatedly made false statements to the investigator and misled her about basic facts, such as his location during the phone call and the date it occurred, a USA TODAY review of more than 1,200 pages of case documents found. 

Since his suspension, Tucker has issued multiple public statements defending himself, attacking Tracy and accusing Veidlinger of bias. He accused the school of conducting a “sham” hearing and having “ulterior motives.” Yet even in these written statements, the central details of his story changed entirely.

By the time Tucker met with Veidlinger for his interview, he had had months to prepare.

The school had informed him of Tracy’s complaint on Dec. 22, the day after she filed it. Veidlinger had interviewed Tracy and all six of her witnesses by the end of January. Tucker was the only holdout.

Rather than tell his side of the story right away, Tucker and his attorney spent three months trying to stop the investigation, case documents show. They wrote legal arguments urging Michigan State to drop the case and twice approached Tracy’s attorney proposing a settlement agreement. Tracy said no, and the school pressed forward.

• Thanks 1

I predict that MSU and Tucker will ultimately negotiate a settlement. He definitely royally f#cked up, but his attorneys might have a smidgen of a contractual argument that neither party will want to drag out in court.

Tucker will then lay low for a couple of quiet years and resurface as a coach at some religious school in the south. 

17 minutes ago, Ulty said:

I predict that MSU and Tucker will ultimately negotiate a settlement. He definitely royally f#cked up, but his attorneys might have a smidgen of a contractual argument that neither party will want to drag out in court.

Tucker will then lay low for a couple of quiet years and resurface as a coach at some religious school in the south. 

Yeah, not the entire 79 million but he will get what, like half?  Something like that?

• TBH 1

2 hours ago, teachercd said:

First of all, Urban Meyer doesn't "interview", He decides if he wants to hear the deal from the school.

Secondly, I hope this isn't true because I would be soooo jealous. 

There is less chance he goes to Michigan State than he was going to come to Nebraska.

• Plus1 2