Tech N9ne - R.K. Huskers

I dont know why they want to treat this like the tunnel walk.  Have it be just a quck 5 minute thing.  Play thunderstruck (classic), Play let me clear my throat (another classic rhule approved).  Play whatever, but just let me be 5 or so minutes of pumping the crowd up.  I like the flames but honestly they are unnecessary.  It kinda takes away from the beauty of the all read lights and peoples cell phones as contrast.  I think the 1st time they did it was the best.

4 minutes ago, gobiggergoredder said:

You and the guy that hates Adidas should brainstorm together.  I think it @unl7fan

Id love to read what you come up with.

Edit:  I just saw your account is 1 hour old.  Welcome.  Good first post.

Kids don’t care about tradition anymore. We have to wave shiny new things in front of them and if that means taking our Brand from the old to the new then that is what we have to do. It’s an idea that might attract kids from Cali and Florida. As far as brand on our uniform, it does matter. Don’t dis-count his idea as I don't really see any top schools wearing Adidas. We are about to play Michigan who has risen above Ohio St after a brand change to Jordan. If Harbaugh can do it, we can lol

1 minute ago, Number1Rhule said:

Kids don’t care about tradition anymore. We have to wave shiny new things in front of them and if that means taking our Brand from the old to the new then that is what we have to do. It’s an idea that might attract kids from Cali and Florida. As far as brand on our uniform, it does matter. Don’t dis-count his idea as I don't really see any top schools wearing Adidas. We are about to play Michigan who has risen above Ohio St after a brand change to Jordan. If Harbaugh can do it, we can lol

Cheese Fries

• Oh Yeah! 2

10 minutes ago, Stone Cold said:

I dont know why they want to treat this like the tunnel walk.  Have it be just a quck 5 minute thing.  Play thunderstruck (classic), Play let me clear my throat (another classic rhule approved).  Play whatever, but just let me be 5 or so minutes of pumping the crowd up.  I like the flames but honestly they are unnecessary.  It kinda takes away from the beauty of the all read lights and peoples cell phones as contrast.  I think the 1st time they did it was the best.

Yeah I think the lights are enough with music. The drones couldn’t even be seen by some lol

13 minutes ago, Stone Cold said:

R.K Huskers is 2 min 21 sec 

1 hour ago, Number1Rhule said:

At some point we need to adapt to a new generation instead of doing what we have always done. We copied the light show. And now it’s common. We have played the same music for generations. This is something that could be ours and only ours. Literally written for the Huskers

No one outside the Midwest has heard of either 

I ate at Culver’s for the first time last summer. Great burger and shake. There are none in Tulsa

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

I ate at Culver’s for the first time last summer. Great burger and shake. There are none in Tulsa

Haven’t had Culver’s for a long time, but it was damn good! Best burger for me still goes to B-Bops in Des Moines area. Lived and ate burgers in all regions and it’s still best burger I’ve had. 

Songs specifically and explicitly related to a sports team are always cringe, and I think the reason is because we all know subconsciously it's not actually art but just craft. But that has no invitation to interact with it mentally, its just a passive listening for easter eggs and then patting your back about it.

idk, at least personally it doesn't matter how famous the person is or how good the production is it just screams 'try hard' to me. This particular song isn't too bad to use during a timeout or warmups or whatever but I think it'd be a mistake to make it a focal point.

Also, hate to break it to you, but there's an alternate version of otherwise the exact same song for another football team:

10 minutes ago, Lorewarn said:

Songs specifically and explicitly related to a sports team are always cringe, and I think the reason is because we all know subconsciously it's not actually art but just craft. But that has no invitation to interact with it mentally, its just a passive listening for easter eggs and then patting your back about it.

idk, at least personally it doesn't matter how famous the person is or how good the production is it just screams 'try hard' to me. This particular song isn't too bad to use during a timeout or warmups or whatever but I think it'd be a mistake to make it a focal point.

Also, hate to break it to you, but there's an alternate version of otherwise the exact same song for another football team:

That’s the original version of the song.  He is from KCMO.  He also made a song about the Royals when they won the WS.   Not sure why the Huskers version of it.  It’s pretty cool he made those original ones though.  It screamed I love my city, my teams and I’m gonna sing about em. 

• Plus1 2
2 hours ago, Number1Rhule said:

The point is to adapt to what a younger generation likes. Rap is mainstream. Classic Rock is well… Classic

Good rap music is mainstream... well, I guess Drake is mainstream, so I take that back. Classics are classic because they are good and universally liked.

You want to pick a rap song to pump people up? That ain't it, plus it's about KC... Why not the clean version of Survival by Eminem?

38 minutes ago, Lorewarn said:

Lucky we don’t have to compete with the Chiefs in college football