The Israel-Hamas War

10 hours ago, Decked said:

USA allegedly sending bombers to the Middle East as we speak launching from the UK. Retaliation will have begun. Uh oh. 

I think that would be the Bones (B1s). Pretty sure we moved some over there late last year. Woud also have to assume that the B2 boys from Missouri did a 37 hour marathon and will be getting home in time for Saturday brunch. 

Reddit says Jordanian F-16s also participated.

7 hours ago, Scarlet said:

It didn't take long for the armchair military strategists and bots to be out in full force.    

Really?  

These people are f#&%ing idiots. We've probably been aware of the primary targets long before the Houthis popped off, and if they decide to move assets from those locations we now know new potential locations that were/can be targeted. Guaranteed we've been watching these targets 24/7 from satellite and probably sent in assets to have physical eyes on the highest priority targets after the attack (and they'll probably go in to gather Intel after the dust settles).

Also, Dark Brandon has been pretty ominous in the language. This isn't over tonight...

This is the start of our response. The President has directed additional actions to hold the IRGC and affiliated militias accountable for their attacks on U.S. and Coalition Forces. These will unfold at times and places of our choosing. We do not seek conflict in the Middle East or anywhere else, but the President and I will not tolerate attacks on American forces. We will take all necessary actions to defend the United States, our forces, and our interests.

• TBH 1

6 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

If those f#&%ers mess with that while I am rewatching Sopranos...I will personally sign up to go fight them.

But Netflix sort of just did a movie on this idea, that all of this could be "snipped" 

• Plus1 2

1 hour ago, nic said:

Wait, shooting down drones counts? If a drone operator shots down 5 enemy drones, does that count for something?

Yes. They're an Ace too. Bomber gunners and back seaters have been credited as Aces if they are responsible for the kills, while the pilot is not. There's really no set rules for what a Flying Ace is, outside of knocking 5 aircraft out of commission, it's just up to the country and what they want to consider a kill. The US has historically counted aircraft on the ground as kills towards the achievement, not sure if we still do though.

17 minutes ago, ZRod said:

Yes. They're an Ace too. Bomber gunners and back seaters have been credited as Aces if they are responsible for the kills, while the pilot is not. There's really no set rules for what a Flying Ace is, outside of knocking 5 aircraft out of commission, it's just up to the country and what they want to consider a kill. The US has historically counted aircraft on the ground as kills towards the achievement, not sure if we still do though.

I believe you are right about all of that.

I think that Japan is one of the few countries that doesn't count grounded planes as a "kill" and/or any soft targets.  

You know your military history!

Plus, face it, when everyone first started using planes it was the wild wild west up there!  

32 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I believe you are right about all of that.

I think that Japan is one of the few countries that doesn't count grounded planes as a "kill" and/or any soft targets.  

You know your military history!

Plus, face it, when everyone first started using planes it was the wild wild west up there!  

Being born early enough to grow up watching the History Channel when it was actually about history has imparted me with so much useless knowledge, but nowhere near the nerds I've seen on Reddit discussing full battles in minute detail.

• Haha 1