The Israel-Hamas War

1 hour ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Sending a modest contingent of armed personnel to protect the deployment of civilian aid is the time-tested, UN-approved international response. If one side attacks them, they lose support from all sides.  

It is amazing how having some US soldiers around can change some attitudes really really fast. 

• TBH 2

3 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Sending a modest contingent of armed personnel to protect the deployment of civilian aid is the time-tested, UN-approved international response. If one side attacks them, they lose support from all sides.  

I agree with you but Biden doesn't. Biden explicitly said no boots.

• Fire 1
2 minutes ago, Gage County said:

I agree with you but Biden doesn't. Biden explicitly said no boots.

Send troops and honestly, get rid of them all.  

I know we have this weird "But but but they have it so hard" f#&% them...kill those f#&%s, hamASS dorks 

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Gage County said:

Yeah, let me clarify. Biden's only secret goal is to get elected. He's losing Muslim voters here in Michigan. He has problems in Minnesota and Georgia too. I doubt Biden does this if it were 8 months after the election rather than 8 months before. He wants to be seen as helping the Palestinians.

The Muslim terrorist groups from Lebanon to Egypt have 10,000s of rockets and drones. They've hit targets over a 100 miles away, Gaza is 25 miles long. Look at the Hezbollah drone attack on our base in Jordan, 3 servicemen killed and 80 injured. I believe the pier will become a honeypot for all these terrorist groups. The Iron Dome protects Israel, not the Mediterranean Sea. Is our military going to shoot down rockets over Gaza? Or Lebanon? Or Syria?

I just don't see how this doesn't become a quagmire.

It's already a quagmire. But the death and starvation among civilians in Gaza has reached horrific proportions, and some of this is a Netenyahu issue more than an Israeli issue. Regardless of election timetables, doing nothing is becoming less of an option. 

The question is whether either Hamas or Netenyahu would intervene if a powerful ally/enemy is dispensing aid to the people the ally is attacking and the enemy is avenging.

The other question is whether you help starving people who are being prevented from getting aid, and that's an easier answer. 

15 hours ago, teachercd said:

I know we have this weird "But but but they have it so hard" f#&% them...kill those f#&%s, hamASS dorks 

I think the issue is the 30,000 citizens, most of them women and children, who have already been blown to s#!t, and the thousands more currently being starved to death. Sure, you can say f#&% them, but they've already been f#&%ed by all sides. 

Also if you advocate "get rid of them all" you can't mock the pro-Pally bros who are calling it genocide. Just own it, I guess. 

• TBH 2

41 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I think the issue is the 30,000 citizens, most of them women and children, who have already been blown to s#!t, and the thousands more currently being starved to death. Sure, you can say f#&% them, but they've already been f#&%ed by all sides. 

Also if you advocate "get rid of them all" you can't mock the pro-Pally bros who are calling it genocide. Just own it, I guess. 

Get rid of all the hammy terrorits.  That is what I am advocating for.  There is never going to be sustained peace there.

and we can mock anyone we want.  The pro pally dorks blocking traffic in the US are losers

• Plus1 2
  • Oh Yeah! 1
  • TBH 1
5 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Get rid of all the hammy terrorits.  That is what I am advocating for.  There is never going to be sustained peace there.

Yeah, teach, I'm pretty sure the invasion intends to get the hammy terrorists, but you and Ben Netenyahu are suggesting that the deaths of tens of thousands of Palestinian women and children are acceptable collateral. Others might observe that this general dehumanization of Palestinians is a big part of the problem. Others still have noted that Netenyahu has always intended to colonize Gaza, and has historically propped up Hamas because they make his job easier. 

I hope you are not sharing your genocidal beliefs with your pre-K art students. 

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Yeah, teach, I'm pretty sure the invasion intends to get the hammy terrorists, but you and Ben Netenyahu are suggesting that the deaths of tens of thousands of Palestinian women and children are acceptable collateral. Others might observe that this general dehumanization of Palestinians is a big part of the problem. Others still have noted that Netenyahu has always intended to colonize Gaza, and has historically propped up Hamas because they make his job easier. 

I hope you are not sharing your genocidal beliefs with your pre-K art students. 

Our first art project after spring break is going to be making construction paper maps of Israel 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
1 hour ago, teachercd said:

These guys are making a difference!  

If we're being totally honest.....these and other protests may well be affecting the Presidential election. 

I take that bridge all the time and would be really pissed if I was on my way to the airport. People in Marin County hate to be inconvenienced, and these things make us suffer just like the Palestinians. 

• Haha 3

46 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

If we're being totally honest.....these and other protests may well be affecting the Presidential election. 

I take that bridge all the time and would be really pissed if I was on my way to the airport. People in Marin County hate to be inconvenienced, and these things make us suffer just like the Palestinians. 

Okay…this is very funny!!!  Well done 

21 hours ago, teachercd said:

Advocating for genocide is quite the stance, especially with your previous posts ridiculing the "pro-pally" crowd for suggesting that the Palestinians are being wiped out in a genocide.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 2