The Israel-Hamas War

4 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I don’t totally put the blame on the Palestinians side.  But, this seems to be a major reason why they haven’t agreed to this. 

Pro-Pally bros are scrambling at what to post on social media right now and having a hard time on figuring out which deans office to blockade.  

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
On 4/4/2024 at 5:40 PM, teachercd said:

It is the way it is, period.

The super peace lovers here that want to talk about peace over there have zero idea of what it is really like.  There will never be peace there.  

This is another perfect example of you pretending there's an irrational contingent here than isn't is as wise as you are.

Seriously. Find me one post from a person who has zero idea what it's like over there. 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 1
4 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I don’t totally put the blame on the Palestinians side.  But, this seems to be a major reason why they haven’t agreed to this. 

The smart people have been able to separate the folly of negotiating with Hamas with the equally ineffective horror of killing tens of thousands of innocent Palestinians, the occasional international aid worker, and sometimes the hostages themselves. 

https://apnews.com/article/israel-hostages-gaza-hamas-war-52fa9628e6284cdad6d7f7db6cc30742

• TBH 3

9 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

This is another perfect example of you pretending there's an irrational contingent here than isn't is as wise as you are.

Seriously. Find me one post from a person who has zero idea what it's like over there. 

It is not about being wise, I am not wise.

But it is irrational to think that there will ever be "peace" over there. Sure you can HOPE for peace and pray for peace but it is not happening.  

Just like it would have been irrational to think that the Nazis were gonna be like "Gosh, you know what, I think we are making a mistake, guys, why don't we unchain these gates and lets get these people home"

Just like it is irrational to think that if Trump got into office that he would all of a sudden become a different person, a good person that would do what was best for America instead of himself.

We love the old "History is my proof' and "a leopard doesn't change its spots" lines...This is that.  At "best" we can say it is coming up on like 70 years of fighting but this is much closer to 2000 years of fighting.  

If you honestly think there will be eternal peace over there you have zero idea what it is like. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
10 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

The smart people have been able to separate the folly of negotiating with Hamas with the equally ineffective horror of killing tens of thousands of innocent Palestinians, the occasional international aid worker, and sometimes the hostages themselves. 

https://apnews.com/article/israel-hostages-gaza-hamas-war-52fa9628e6284cdad6d7f7db6cc30742

While I don’t disagree Israel has done some obviously heinous things at times (as in the international aide workers killed & others) Let’s not pretend like Hamas hasn’t aided in those civilian casualties by placing rockets, ammo, etc in homes + civilian infrastructure to play moral superior after they are the ones who kicked this recent skirmish off. This is also an extremely population dense area. Civilian casualties are going to happen. 

This will be a rinse, wash, & repeat conflict for probably the rest of anyone on this boards lifetime unfortunately. 

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, Decked said:

While I don’t disagree Israel has done some obviously heinous things at times (as in the international aide workers killed & others) Let’s not pretend like Hamas hasn’t aided in those civilian casualties by placing rockets, ammo, etc in homes + civilian infrastructure to play moral superior after they are the ones who kicked this recent skirmish off. This is also an extremely population dense area. Civilian casualties are going to happen. 

Unless both sides just decide to stop and hug each other and no longer fight, ever.  I mean that is something that could happen.  

• Plus1 1
13 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Unless both sides just decide to stop and hug each other and no longer fight, ever.  I mean that is something that could happen.  

Maybe Mike Lindell should give them all pillows and they can pillow fight it out instead of guns and rockets.  

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

3 hours ago, teachercd said:

If you honestly think there will be eternal peace over there you have zero idea what it is like. 

But nobody honestly thinks that. You continue to lecture this person that doesn't exist. Why? 

11 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

But nobody honestly thinks that. You continue to lecture this person that doesn't exist. Why? 

Finally!

Now we will no longer have to see Pro-Pally bridge blockers and office occupiers!  They know now there will never be peace there!

I guess, once again, I have helped to make changes.  

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, Decked said:

Let’s not pretend like Hamas hasn’t aided in those civilian casualties by placing rockets, ammo, etc in homes + civilian infrastructure to play moral superior after they are the ones who kicked this recent skirmish off. 

Hence the folly of negotiating with Hamas. Which is also in the habit of intercepting international aid for their own purposes. 

The sad fact is that Netanyahu has continually supported and validated Hamas over the years -- moreso than the moderate Palestinian Authority -- because he believes Hamas is his ticket for justifying the takeover of Gaza. The Palestinian people are typically the last people consulted on the fate of Palestine. Everyone is a proxy for international grandstanding. 

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Finally!

Now we will no longer have to see Pro-Pally bridge blockers and office occupiers!  They know now there will never be peace there!

I guess, once again, I have helped to make changes.  

Who did you convince, and what did you convince them of? 

• Plus1 1