2023 - 2024 Portal - Ins and Outs

12 hours ago, lo country said:

Honest question/observation.  I wonder what type of offense we are planning to use next year.  (Don't want another discussion of scheme/identity).  Basically a dual threat QB or more "traditional" passing QB.   I think by default and circumstances we ran the QB A LOT. Some by design and necessity.  BUT, it looks like we are interviewing QB's with a diverse skill sets.  Some appear to be true "traditional" passing QB's.  Other more dual threat.  I am ASSuming that looking at more traditional QB's we are possibly going away from the "running qb", but then Howard is being looked at.  More dual threat guy.  Do we simply run a style based upon the QB?  Can our current O do just as well in one vs the other.  

My .02 is that Satt has a more pro style traditional bent, so I am guessing we might be leaning that way to get an O he "wants" or is more comfortable with.  Just seems we are looking for QB's not like our current 3.  

I think Nebraska is probably going to go with whatever they can get.  Me personally I would like to see a drop back traditional passing qb then a dual-threat qb.  Yes everyone is going to bring up Tanner Lee and how bad he did here but I wouldn't even compare McCord skills with his.  2 very different qb's even though you would consider them both statue qb's.  If they are going to go with a dual threat qb plan on him probably not playing all season.  I can't remember who was the last qb to play a full season that didn't get hurt here.

• Plus1 1
14 hours ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

One of the litmus tests for QB's is the ability to throw the ball from the 40 to the goalline on a rope.  The play starting at 41 seconds is a little late, but from the 46 to 5 yards deep in the end zone.  He's a little pedestrian in his drop and therefore a tad late on a number of throws, but his fundamentals, and arm talent are better than anything I can recall seeing at Nebraska.  

2 minutes ago, Hammerhead said:

Pete Nakos from On3 mentioned in an interview that McCord doesn't want to go to a lesser B1G school and is looking for a program that will prepare him for the NFL, which sounds to me like a roundabout way of saying that McCord has ruled Nebraska out.

Nakos said that on Monday.  We met with McCord on Tuesday. 

FWIW Sipple is saying that McCord does have interest in NU.

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Nakos said that on Monday.  We met with McCord on Tuesday. 

FWIW Sipple is saying that McCord does have interest in NU.

My bad, the article was posted overnight but I should've checked the date of the tweet they referenced.  It'll be interesting to see if we managed to sway him at all.  

• Plus1 1
18 hours ago, HuskersNC949597 said:

Yep, and his older brother is at Tarleton State. Guess what his name is?

https://tarletonsports.com/sports/football/roster/prince-umanmielen/10169

Looks like there's also another younger brother named Princeton.

https://tx.milesplit.com/athletes/11436838-umanmielen-princeton/videos

https://www.si.com/college/washington/recruiting/texas-edge-rusher-recruited-by-lake-draws-deboer-offer

• Plus1 2