OT Alexander Ruggeroli [Walk-On]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

17 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Ruggeroli commit?

• Nebraska
    • Arizona State
    • Washington State

This poll is closed to new votes

Didn't realize he only started playing football as a junior.

Ruggeroli has played just one full year of football. As a junior last season, he participated in a limited schedule at Bishop Gorman, a national-level high school program. This year, he started at left tackle as the school finished 12-0 and scored 48.9 points per game.

Early in the season, Ruggeroli matched against Miami Central and its star-studded defensive line. He held Armondo Blount, a five-star 2025 prospect who’s committed to Florida State, in check.

“I showed that I’m that guy,” Ruggeroli said.

https://theathletic.com/5135540/2023/12/13/nebraska-football-recruiting-xander-ruggeroli/

• Plus1 2
  • Oh Yeah! 4
8 hours ago, desertshox said:

I think I need a new TV to watch Nebraska football. Mine kept showing an improving line week to week.

I really thought Nebraska's line would be terrible this year because they were embarrassingly bad in 2022.

They improved each week and Bryce Benhart is one of the most improved players on the team. He's probably just behind Nash and Robinson as far as improvement goes. 

1 hour ago, Red Five said:

Didn't realize he only started playing football as a junior.

Ruggeroli has played just one full year of football. As a junior last season, he participated in a limited schedule at Bishop Gorman, a national-level high school program. This year, he started at left tackle as the school finished 12-0 and scored 48.9 points per game.

Early in the season, Ruggeroli matched against Miami Central and its star-studded defensive line. He held Armondo Blount, a five-star 2025 prospect who’s committed to Florida State, in check.

“I showed that I’m that guy,” Ruggeroli said.

https://theathletic.com/5135540/2023/12/13/nebraska-football-recruiting-xander-ruggeroli/

Getting him as a walk-on is a steal.

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 4
57 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

I really thought Nebraska's line would be terrible this year because they were embarrassingly bad in 2022.

They improved each week and Bryce Benhart is one of the most improved players on the team. He's probably just behind Nash and Robinson as far as improvement goes. 

Getting him as a walk-on is a steal.

I thought I read somewhere that there is a family connection with Riola's. 

1 hour ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

I thought I read somewhere that there is a family connection with Riola's. 

His Oline coach and Raiola are very close friends.  

The 2025 guys from BG love Raiola also and I wouldn’t be surprised if we don’t get get 1 or 2 of them.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Oh Yeah! 2

12 hours ago, ChubbaWubba said:

What does it matter if he can’t coach the talent up? And that is sad that this is the 2nd best class. 1 top 100 guy who hasn’t played 11 man football

I think Donovan has shown he is a pretty good O-Line coach from how the unit got much better over the year and became a solid unit. 

• TBH 3
13 hours ago, ChubbaWubba said:

What does it matter if he can’t coach the talent up? And that is sad that this is the 2nd best class. 1 top 100 guy who hasn’t played 11 man football

At this point I'm not sure if you're trolling or just unaware.

• Donovan is working with a line he didn't recruit.
  • This last season he had three of six starters out.
  • The replacements were mostly rs freshmen and sophomores.
  • Despite all that NU finished '23 with the second best rushing offense in the B1G.

BTW, who were the other teams going after that "1 top 100 guy who hasn't played 11 man football"?

• Thanks 1
  • TBH 2

5 minutes ago, Spooky Tooth said:

At this point I'm not sure if you're trolling or just unaware.

• Donovan is working with a line he didn't recruit.
  • This last season he had three of six starters out.
  • The replacements were mostly rs freshmen and sophomores.
  • Despite all that NU finished '23 with the second best rushing offense in the B1G.

BTW, who were the other teams going after that "1 top 100 guy who hasn't played 11 man football"?

Against Iowa we had a combined 20 years of cfb on our starting line. Math says that equals 4 years on average per linemen. The youngest had an offer from Alabama. Next has been in college for 3 years and 3 have been in for 5 years. Brix hasn’t played a down and if he doesn’t improve year over year we will be able to see if Donny is the real deal. I expect a “senior line” to do well regardless of the coach

• Haha 3
2 hours ago, ChubbaWubba said:

Against Iowa we had a combined 20 years of cfb on our starting line. Math says that equals 4 years on average per linemen. The youngest had an offer from Alabama. Next has been in college for 3 years and 3 have been in for 5 years. Brix hasn’t played a down and if he doesn’t improve year over year we will be able to see if Donny is the real deal. I expect a “senior line” to do well regardless of the coach

I might agree with you if Donovan had recruited those kids and they still performed at a subpar level, but he is just completed his second year with them under at least two and possibly three OCs who required different blocking schemes.

I might agree with you if, despite what I said above, the line had NOT shown any signs of improvement......but they did, to the extent that NU had the second best run offense in the B1G.

Nothing I've said implies that the Oline has arrived. Far from it. But if you can't see the improvement to the line that Donovan has brought, you either are unreasonable or you have an agenda.

• Plus1 3
5 minutes ago, Spooky Tooth said:

I might agree with you if Donovan had recruited those kids and they still performed at a subpar level, but he is just completed his second year with them under at least two and possibly three OCs who required different blocking schemes.

I might agree with you if, despite what I said above, the line had NOT shown any signs of improvement......but they did, to the extent that NU had the second best run offense in the B1G.

Nothing I've said implies that the Oline has arrived. Far from it. But if you can't see the improvement to the line that Donovan has brought, you either are unreasonable or you have an agenda.

I have Nebraska Pipeline dreams and would prefer a top tier O Line coach instead of one still growing into the role. He is only in his 2nd year ever of being the only O-Line coach and was brought in for obvious reasons. We were 3rd in average yards rushing against a weak side of the conference. Let’s hope I am wrong and we get Baker to flip to cover the growing pains of 3 stars  

• Haha 4
42 minutes ago, ChubbaWubba said:

I have Nebraska Pipeline dreams and would prefer a top tier O Line coach instead of one still growing into the role. He is only in his 2nd year ever of being the only O-Line coach and was brought in for obvious reasons. We were 3rd in average yards rushing against a weak side of the conference. Let’s hope I am wrong and we get Baker to flip to cover the growing pains of 3 stars  

de726f1404df8b0697c6b07300728ec3.gif

• Plus1 6
  • Mavric changed the title to OT Alexander Ruggeroli [Walk-On]