RB/DB Ronnell Grixby

Do we really have another opening?

Lucky, Castille, Glenn, Wilson, Helu, Mendoza, Okafor.

If we had Gray in there as well, boy, what a logjam that would be. I guess you can never have enough RBs.

I'd say so. Lucky, Glenn and Wilson are all gone after next year. That leaves Castille and Helu as sophs and Mendoza, Okafor and maybe 1 more guy that they can afford to redshirt and develop.

Why would all those guys leave??? Do you think they are going to jump and go to the NFL???

He said after next year because all of them will have graduated or at least used up all of their elgibility after next year.

he is a little slow sometimes........he is from Iowa remember

Well considering that Wilson is the only one listed as a senior on huskers.com I think I am right in asking my question high speed. ;)

If we had Gray in there as well, boy, what a logjam that would be. I guess you can never have enough RBs.

I'd say so. Lucky, Glenn and Wilson are all gone after next year. That leaves Castille and Helu as sophs and Mendoza, Okafor and maybe 1 more guy that they can afford to redshirt and develop.

Why would all those guys leave??? Do you think they are going to jump and go to the NFL???

He said after next year because all of them will have graduated or at least used up all of their elgibility after next year.

Well considering that Wilson is the only one listed as a senior on huskers.com I think I am right in asking my question high speed. ;)

I was talking about after 2008. Castille and Helu will actually be Jrs then, Mendoza and Okafor would be sophs.

I was talking about after 2008. Castille and Helu will actually be Jrs then, Mendoza and Okafor would be sophs.

Gotcha......... ;)

Sounded like he played a great game to lead his team to the championship tonight. Yet I was concerned by the number of cheap shots the announcers on the radio alluded to him taking. I know he had at least one personal foul penalty and one pass interference penalty. The second isn't so bad but it sounded like he plays out of control at times.

On another note, earlier in the day I heard Joel Makovicka mention that there is yet another Grixby brother that is supposed to be the best one yet. I'll have to see if I can dig up some info on him.

Sounded like he played a great game to lead his team to the championship tonight. Yet I was concerned by the number of cheap shots the announcers on the radio alluded to him taking. I know he had at least one personal foul penalty and one pass interference penalty. The second isn't so bad but it sounded like he plays out of control at times.

On another note, earlier in the day I heard Joel Makovicka mention that there is yet another Grixby brother that is supposed to be the best one yet. I'll have to see if I can dig up some info on him.

I know of two personal fouls he got: one he flipped into the endzone and the other was a wash when he and another player got into a fight. Each would have cost his team 15 yards.

I know of two personal fouls he got: one he flipped into the endzone and the other was a wash when he and another player got into a fight. Each would have cost his team 15 yards.

Yeah, that flip was busch league. He is a pretty good player, though.

I thought he played well, but thought the flip was crap....... This kid has fought trouble the last 2 years, and still seems to be a little out of control.... It didn't even look like Coach Ball even said much to him about the 15 yards that cost his team the PAT....... if the weed issue is true, then we don't need nor want this kid....yes, I know all kids do illegal things....drink, drugs, etc ...., but if he is consistantly in trouble, it will probably continue........ I also heard Macovicka mention a younger and better brother....this would be the only reason to recruit Ronnell....to keep the Grixby pipeline going in hopes to sway younger brother.

Ronnel has got a lot of talent i will give him that and i think he could definetly help the team. However he is a punk, big time, When he was in sophmore he was playing in the state championship bball game against Bell West and the Martin kid from west (went to UNK to play BBall) was shutting Grixby down and he got frustrated. So Gixby just threw a a forearm at Martin and put him on the groundm, this take place when the ball was at the other end of the court so none of the refs saw it, but they West fans freaked out. Central's coach took Grixby out and Grixby jsut walked right by his coach when he was trying to talk to him, and he went to almost the end of the bench and wouldnt talk to anyone. Also if you watched the championship FB game last night, after he got the penalty for flipping into the endzone, as he went back to the bench his coach was yelling at him and he didnt even achnowledge it and just walked right by him.

He is a big time head case and unless some how this kid gets put in his place, by a coach or maybe his older brothers, i dont want him on NU's team.

Ronnel has got a lot of talent i will give him that and i think he could definetly help the team. However he is a punk, big time, When he was in sophmore he was playing in the state championship bball game against Bell West and the Martin kid from west (went to UNK to play BBall) was shutting Grixby down and he got frustrated. So Gixby just threw a a forearm at Martin and put him on the groundm, this take place when the ball was at the other end of the court so none of the refs saw it, but they West fans freaked out. Central's coach took Grixby out and Grixby jsut walked right by his coach when he was trying to talk to him, and he went to almost the end of the bench and wouldnt talk to anyone. Also if you watched the championship FB game last night, after he got the penalty for flipping into the endzone, as he went back to the bench his coach was yelling at him and he didnt even achnowledge it and just walked right by him.

He is a big time head case and unless some how this kid gets put in his place, by a coach or maybe his older brothers, i dont want him on NU's team.

yep, bad news. someone needs to take the little prick behind the woodshed for an attitude adjustment!