QB Dylan Raiola to Sign with Nebraska!

87skers

1 minute ago, Savage Husker said:

If a HS athlete signs, what’s their window to backout? Could be a nice way for Raiola to help NU lock in some dudes with the buzz this is creating. 

There isn't one, they would need to use their transfer unless the school releases them. There was a kid that kept flipping between USC and Texas include a flip after signing, but IIRC there was a crazy waiver process involved which would likely not be approved at this point.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, gossamorharpy said:

I think what likely happened is there is uncertainty if Raiola would be playing next year at Georgia.  If all is equal and he has more of a connection/feels like home here, it becomes a much easier choice to play for nebraska.  I'm sure rhule has been upfront saying McCord would be slotted in #1 on depth chart but not a for sure thing and Dylan would have a chance to win the job.  

As far as money is concerned, something tells me Georgia has no problem matching/out do what we can offer.  Its not like Dylan is potentially leaving a Big12/Pac12 school.

Perhaps the easiest answer is the Raiola family has lived in georgia for a bit now and maybe they've found out the lifestyle/scene just isnt for him.

Dylan was never planning on playing 1st year at Georgia in front of Carson Beck and he will do the same here under McCord..

4 minutes ago, twofittyonred said:

Dylan was never planning on playing 1st year at Georgia in front of Carson Beck and he will do the same here under McCord..

Beck was expected to leave so there would have been an open spot for Raiola to compete for at Georgia.  

Now Beck is expected to return so there is speculation that played into Raiola's decision to look around.

3 minutes ago, Savage Husker said:

Im just throwing crap against the wall after reading people question why he would entertain a visit to a dumpster fire program. Not asking this snarky, but do you think UGA would cut him loose for visiting his dad’s alma mater?

as a family visit, no...  He has visited a few times since his commit I believe...  but there were conversations with this much smoke... 

• Mavric changed the title to QB Dylan Raiola to Sign with Nebraska!