DB Blye Hill -> Nebraska

Mavric

Just now, Spooky Tooth said:

Rhule operates by a different set of rules (no pun intended). Frost and Riley were absolutely star-followers. Rhule wants athletes first, stars seem low on the scale. Alex Ruggeroli comes to mind. Rhule's operation kinda fascinates me because of s#!te like this.

Ruggeroli is also a walk-on guy 

• Plus1 1
12 minutes ago, Decked said:

Ruggeroli is also a walk-on guy 

Kinda makes you wonder why he commited....

Not trying to be mystical but Alex agreed to a walkon for a reason. Nice NIL package would be a good start but there was a history between Dom and Alex's hs coach; also Alex met Dylan via that connection. I think Alex knows summin'.

• Mavric pinned this topic

On 12/14/2023 at 8:40 PM, Spooky Tooth said:

Kinda makes you wonder why he commited....

Not trying to be mystical but Alex agreed to a walkon for a reason. Nice NIL package would be a good start but there was a history between Dom and Alex's hs coach; also Alex met Dylan via that connection. I think Alex knows summin'.

Callahan was talking about it this morning.  It has to do with "how" around recruiting. 

I'll probably butcher this but.....  Basically it sounds like if they don't take official visits it changes how they were recruited.  They can be classified as a walk on and NIL could be used to help bridge the gap of a traditional scholly.

5 minutes ago, gobiggergoredder said:

Callahan was talking about it this morning.  It has to do with "how" around recruiting. 

I'll probably butcher this but.....  Basically it sounds like if they don't take official visits it changes how they were recruited.  They can be classified as a walk on and NIL could be used to help bridge the gap of a traditional scholly.

Correct, if they had an official visit you can not use NIL to pay for tuition.  That is considered pay to play.

• Thanks 2
  • Mavric changed the title to DB Blye Hill -> Nebraska
On 12/20/2023 at 6:59 AM, Decked said:

Rated an 89 three star. 15th best portal corner. Better than I thought. Needs to add 20 lbs as again he is 170. Unteachable length & nice potential if he keeps progressing in the weight room. 

A lot of this class feels like that, a lot of length and athleticism. Excited to see what this guy can do.

• Plus1 3