WR Jahmal Banks -> Nebraska

Mavric

9 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

He has officially set up a visit for the weekend of Jan. 5th.  I like his productivity while at Wake Forest.  Still question as to why Julian Fleming hasn't pulled the plug on his recruiting.  It appears that Penn State is the leader but we all have seen crazy things happen in recruiting so until he does pull the trigger then Nebraska still has a chance.

Fleming has already committed to PSU. He just hasn’t put it into the public space. 

• TBH 2
20 hours ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

He has officially set up a visit for the weekend of Jan. 5th.  I like his productivity while at Wake Forest.  Still question as to why Julian Fleming hasn't pulled the plug on his recruiting.  It appears that Penn State is the leader but we all have seen crazy things happen in recruiting so until he does pull the trigger then Nebraska still has a chance.

The ship has sailed on Fleming. As for Banks, the big issue obviously is that he goes to Michigan after us so they'll have the opportunity to exceed whatever we offer. Rhule has stated in the past that he's not interested in getting into bidding wars so if Michigan's offer is better he's likely theirs.

On 12/30/2023 at 10:22 AM, LP1 said:

The ship has sailed on Fleming. As for Banks, the big issue obviously is that he goes to Michigan after us so they'll have the opportunity to exceed whatever we offer. Rhule has stated in the past that he's not interested in getting into bidding wars so if Michigan's offer is better he's likely theirs.

Will have to be more than NIL to the decision. Here he comes in as the presumed #1 receiving option with the most experience and a highly regarded incoming QB. That alone is a big factor in the consideration. There are obviously benefits to going to Michigan as well, but I doubt money is the deciding factor. 

• Plus1 2
22 hours ago, Wistrom Disciple said:

Will have to be more than NIL to the decision. Here he comes in as the presumed #1 receiving option with the most experience and a highly regarded incoming QB. That alone is a big factor in the consideration. There are obviously benefits to going to Michigan as well, but I doubt money is the deciding factor. 

True, but it's gonna be tough to sway a kid from joining a team who just played in (and possibly won) the national championship.

57 minutes ago, LP1 said:

True, but it's gonna be tough to sway a kid from joining a team who just played in (and possibly won) the national championship.

The timing of it may not matter for this but I would be surprised if Harbaugh doesnt take the jump to the NFL this year. I think he has put feelers out every year trying to get back to the league. My guess would be Chargers scoop him up if their owner isnt too cheap. 

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 2
2 hours ago, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

The timing of it may not matter for this but I would be surprised if Harbaugh doesnt take the jump to the NFL this year. I think he has put feelers out every year trying to get back to the league. My guess would be Chargers scoop him up if their owner isnt too cheap. 

if they lose I think he'll make the jump. But if they win? I don't know. I sure hope so.

• Haha 1
  • Mavric changed the title to WR Jahmal Banks -> Nebraska
  • Mavric pinned this topic