How Many Games Will the Huskers Win in 2024?

Win Total  

54 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

They will be bowl eligible after the first 7 games.

It is the last 5 that will be a big deal.

3-2 over the last 5 and you have a Husker team that could be 10-2 and looking at a playoff bid.  

NU will be favored in every game this season with the exception of OSU and USC.

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 4

44 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Yes, the program needs to prove they can win these games before I have tons of confidence in them.

The first game is going to be huge.  Can Dylan come out and play well enough to win the game and get into a groove?  Then, how much of a step can he take between the first and second game.  This is where I think them being home games are so important.  Be in a comfortable environment and grow as a team.

Agree on the home games being a huge factor.  That was an unforntunate start to Rhule's tenure with 2 P5 road games out of the gate. 

54 minutes ago, teachercd said:

3-2 over the last 5 and you have a Husker team that could be 10-2 and looking at a playoff bid.  

Probably a dog at Iowa, otherwise agree.

• Plus1 1
23 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

That totally depends on how each season goes.  We will know one hell of a lot more about each program before that game.

Yep agreed. Just seems like the home team is usually always favored when these 2 teams play. This is also just a way too early guess on my part based on historical guessing.

55 minutes ago, Xmas32 said:

Probably a dog at Iowa, otherwise agree.

I think Iowa is due for a step back.  They cannot bank on the defense and special teams being top 5 every single year.  When Kirk doubled down on "we don't want any offense beyond hold the ball for as long as possible" yet again with his OC hire, I became bearish on them moving forward in an expanded and slightly more competitive B1G.  They no longer have the luxury of playing the same patsies in the West year after year.  Kirk should have retired last year as my guy tells me that was the peak and they will struggle to get to 7/8 wins moving forward with the same old offensive crap being rolled out. 

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 2
20 minutes ago, runningblind said:

I think Iowa is due for a step back.  They cannot bank on the defense and special teams being top 5 every single year.  When Kirk doubled down on "we don't want any offense beyond hold the ball for as long as possible" yet again with his OC hire, I became bearish on them moving forward in an expanded and slightly more competitive B1G.  They no longer have the luxury of playing the same patsies in the West year after year.  Kirk should have retired last year as my guy tells me that was the peak and they will struggle to get to 7/8 wins moving forward with the same old offensive crap being rolled out. 

I don't disagree

23 hours ago, teachercd said:

Give me what you are drinking :koolaid2:.    10-2 is a stretch butttt  if our D plays up to their potential I can see us at 8-4 easily.  The key will be how our QBs adapt to the college game.  I expect Dylan to be the starter on game 1.  

As long as we don't see this happen to Dylan that we saw with our previous 1st year QB, we should be OK during those first 6-7 games. 

• TBH 2
7 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Give me what you are drinking :koolaid2:.    10-2 is a stretch butttt  if our D plays up to their potential I can see us at 8-4 easily.  The key will be how our QBs adapt to the college game.  I expect Dylan to be the starter on game 1.  

As long as we don't see this happen to Dylan that we saw with our previous 1st year QB, we should be OK during those first 6-7 games. 

I wonder, if DR has the same stats that A-Mart had as a freshmen....will that be enough for a 9-10 win season?

So, he won't have the nice rushing yards that AM did but say those rushing yards become more passing yards.

So around 3,000 yards passing, 20 TD's and 10 ints.

It will be interesting to see.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 2
2 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I wonder, if DR has the same stats that A-Mart had as a freshmen....will that be enough for a 9-10 win season?

So, he won't have the nice rushing yards that AM did but say those rushing yards become more passing yards.

So around 3,000 yards passing, 20 TD's and 10 ints.

It will be interesting to see.

If he has those stats and our D plays like we think they can, we will win a lot of games.

• Fire 2

10 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

If he has those stats and our D plays like we think they can, we will win a lot of games.

I agree.  The D, like last year, will be our steady point as the O finds its legs.  I like the new WRs and RB who are transferring in.  They give us some much need experience (esp at WR) that will help.  The OL should be better as well.  Pass blocking will be the key.  If our injury prone RBs return and remain healthy along wt the Oregon transfer, we should be good in that area as well.  I'd like to see us take advantage of the TE spot more in the passing game - If Dylan is as good as advertised, maybe our TEs can be to us what TEs are to the KC Chiefs - they extend the drives with critical 3rd down receptions.   

• Oh Yeah! 2

An O/U of 7.5 seems absolutely insane. It's hard to see 8 wins on this schedule.

If the QB play improves, which it should, this team should win 6 games. There are a lot of question marks about the development of receivers, getting a reliable rushing yards from the RBs, if the OL can improve from merely being serviceable to good, and if the Secondary can improve.

Like last year, Nebraska needs to be bowl eligible by Halloween. If not they're in trouble. Unfortunately for Nebraska, Satterfield is still on the staff so I think they finish 5-7. 

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

An O/U of 7.5 seems absolutely insane. It's hard to see 8 wins on this schedule.

If the QB play improves, which it should, this team should win 6 games. There are a lot of question marks about the development of receivers, getting a reliable rushing yards from the RBs, if the OL can improve from merely being serviceable to good, and if the Secondary can improve.

Like last year, Nebraska needs to be bowl eligible by Halloween. If not they're in trouble. Unfortunately for Nebraska, Satterfield is still on the staff so I think they finish 5-7. 

They brought in two vet WR's

I think they were 2nd in the conference, in front of michigan, when it came to the most rush yards.  If they do that again, watch out.

secondary will be a question mark for sure.

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, teachercd said:

They brought in two vet WR's

I think they were 2nd in the conference, in front of michigan, when it came to the most rush yards.  If they do that again, watch out.

secondary will be a question mark for sure.

If DR puts up the numbers you mentioned before, that would help opening up the run game.