Ashley Scoggin Sues the University Over Handling of Former Assistant Chuck Love

1 hour ago, Stumpy1 said:

I guess I am confused on WHY the players decided to set-up Scroggins and Love.  Was there some internal beef between Scroggins and the others on the team?  

Could be.  I was wondering if they knew she shouldn't be doing that and were trying help put an end to it.

Scoggin was dismissed from the team two years ago this month, and Love was dismissed at the end of the season (but was removed from the team at the same time as Scoggin).

Britt Prince knew all of this before she committed to Nebraska. UNL had already done their investigation and taken the action they felt was warranted, which did not include removing Williams. This would have all been disclosed to recruits, especially someone like Prince, whose mother is also a coach. 

I wouldn't be too worried about Williams being ousted and losing the incoming class. 

14 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Scoggin was dismissed from the team two years ago this month, and Love was dismissed at the end of the season (but was removed from the team at the same time as Scoggin).

Britt Prince knew all of this before she committed to Nebraska. UNL had already done their investigation and taken the action they felt was warranted, which did not include removing Williams. This would have all been disclosed to recruits, especially someone like Prince, whose mother is also a coach. 

I wouldn't be too worried about Williams being ousted and losing the incoming class. 

I don't know, man. Public pressure tends to have more weight to it than internal investigations, and if even half of what is being alleged is true, it's going to look real bad. 

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 4
57 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

I don't know, man. Public pressure tends to have more weight to it than internal investigations, and if even half of what is being alleged is true, it's going to look real bad. 

Yeah, one only need to look at Northwestern to see that the results of the "internal investigation" can change quickly once the public knows more.

• Plus1 4
  • TBH 2
1 hour ago, teachercd said:

Rumor around town is that Mama Prince will be on the NU staff...or maybe that is already official.  

I'm sure nothing will be official until after the season.  But it would be far from surprising.  It has been rumored for years that hiring mom as an assistant was the best in to getting daughter's signature.

• TBH 1
  • Worth a Look 1
1 hour ago, Cdog923 said:

50 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Yeah, one only need to look at Northwestern to see that the results of the "internal investigation" can change quickly once the public knows more.

Fair points. We'll have to see what else comes out.

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, knapplc said:

It's important to keep in mind that this isn't an investigative article, but rather just reporting on the lawsuit itself. The lawsuit is just her lawyers being able to say and claim anything they want. 

If true, it's a horrifying scenario and everyone complicit should be appropriately punished. At the same time, there is currently no fact checking or editorial/truth telling standards being applied to this one sided claim, so who knows.

• TBH 4
  • 1 month later...