2024 Portal Szn

On 3/25/2024 at 12:33 PM, ECisGod said:

Not sure Hoiberg will be interested.  He's a 6' 9" forward who has not taken a 3 in two seasons at SDSU.

With him and Fidler, probably also gotta watch them going to Creighton. Can't think of the last high profile Bellevue West player that chose Nebraska over Creighton going back to Dotzler the elder.

Would definitely want both.

• TBH 1
4 minutes ago, whateveritis1224 said:

With him and Fidler, probably also gotta watch them going to Creighton. Can't think of the last high profile Bellevue West player that chose Nebraska over Creighton going back to Dotzler the elder.

Would definitely want both.

Yeah, without knowing anything I would put the best odds on Fidler to Creighton.

1 minute ago, whateveritis1224 said:

Creighton's going to need a lot of players out of the portal.  McDermott doesn't seem to have much confidence in their bench so 4 of their 5 starters play 35+ minutes/game and all 4 of them will be gone after this season.  Three are out of eligibility & Alexander will go pro + their 6th man (Farabello) is a senior too.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

This one surprises me a bit. But, he’s probably looking for a starting position.  

I wasn’t a fan early on. But he’s grown into a contributor. 

CJ probably just felt it was time to move on. He got his degree and I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up at St. Johns where his brother plays. It feels weird but he's a traditional grad transfer.

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, Mavric said:

Perkins would be a great get, much better than taking Ulis last year.  Only downside is his 3 shooting isn't great.

Perkins and Ulis pretty much started every game together in 2022-23.  Perkins had more minutes, points, assists, and rebounds.  Similar 3 point shooters.

Tony Perkins per game

2022-23: 29.7 minutes 12.3 points 4.1 rebounds 2.8 assists 33% 3point%

2023-24: 30.9 minutes 14.0 points 4.4 rebounds 4.6 assists 30% 3point% 

Aaron Ulis per game

2022-23: 22.6 minutes 6.1 points 1.6 rebounds 2.1 assists 32% 3point%

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, Mavric said:

Help me out....

Is this where we start insisting there's something wrong with the culture if so many guys are leaving???

This one surprises me as well.   He got hot a few times this year, but was inconsistent.  Was decent coming off the bench.  KT is gone and now it’s time to step up.  

Something is off for me.

15 hours ago, Mavric said:

Help me out....

Is this where we start insisting there's something wrong with the culture if so many guys are leaving???

No. This is just college basketball now. 

for the last probably 5 or so years, I don’t pay much attention to the roster till practice in the fall is about to start. 

Sure, there’s guys I’d love to stick around and build on. But, you never know who is going to be here. 

• Plus1 1