Thunderin' Bolts vs Creighton

23 minutes ago, whateveritis1224 said:

2 outs, 2 straight hits to the top of the wall in left field off of pinch hitters, guys on 2nd and 3rd to tie it up, bring in another PH and three straight strikes, chasing the last one into the dirt after 2 right down he middle to end the game. 6-4

That was kinda unfair for Bolt to put a true freshman hitting .200 in that spot. I'm not actually of any belief he threw the game, but still it makes no sense to put Max there when you've got other guys with more experience. They clearly wanted a lefty and were down to two guys who can bat left-handed: Max Buettenback and Joshua Overbeek. Unless I missed an injury report for Josh, put him the f*** in there.

• Haha 1
14 minutes ago, HuskersNC949597 said:

That was kinda unfair for Bolt to put a true freshman hitting .200 in that spot. I'm not actually of any belief he threw the game, but still it makes no sense to put Max there when you've got other guys with more experience. They clearly wanted a lefty and were down to two guys who can bat left-handed: Max Buettenback and Joshua Overbeek. Unless I missed an injury report for Josh, put him the f*** in there.

Bolt screwed up and had Beek run for Stone. Stone was run 5 and had no bearing on game SMH

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

Most of our losses have been from losing leads in the final 2 to 3 innings. I guess this is a year we need to average 10 runs a game.

It's becoming obvious that we don't have the pitching (bullpen) to compete in midweek games and other teams have a little bit better than we have.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Cdog923 said:

Yea, kinda think I'm off the Boltwagon at this point. 

@Cdog923 - I feel ya man. I think Bolt has done a good job of keeping local talent home but he's not had much success against average and especially above average coaches and teams. I'd like to see them recruit more to Erstad's hitter types over the next 2 seasons. It's so huge to have that 4 hole hitter (like Creighton showed lastnight) that just scares the crap out of the opponent in situations that can blow the doors wide open. 

As for Bolt, I don't think (or hope) he should get an extension. Let his contract playout and then decide. He's a Husker and unlike the last Husker coach to get fired, he's been an outstanding representative of the University so imo (not worth a grain of salt) he's earned the chance, like Hoiberg, to finish out his contract. 

• Haha 1
5 hours ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

Most of our losses have been from losing leads in the final 2 to 3 innings. I guess this is a year we need to average 10 runs a game.

Oklahoma, Rutgers and Creighton . When did three become most of 11?   But you also fail to mention the times the bullpen held strong and allowed us to come back late in games

Grand Canyon Sunday

All three Charleston games

Northwestern 

NDSU m they got out of 4 jams with guys on base

Most bullpens have blown leads, it sucks when they happen but the numbers don't lie, the BULLPEN gave up 2 wind blown homers before the 9th last night. second one probably would have been a homer without the wind but you never know.

Perry isn't a closer, that's obvious but the guy who should be isn't throwing strikes at the moment.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

It's becoming obvious that we don't have the pitching (bullpen) to compete in midweek games and other teams have a little bit better than we have.

its not that they are better, its philosophy. We shelf guys and then run them out and expect them to perform on spot.

Other teams throw guys who pitch multiple times a week but low volumes. but are in " game readiness shape" unlike our guys

• Haha 2
3 minutes ago, Husker Baseball 2025 said:

its not that they are better, its philosophy. We shelf guys and then run them out and expect them to perform on spot.

Other teams throw guys who pitch multiple times a week but low volumes. but are in " game readiness shape" unlike our guys

Admittedly, I don't follow college baseball enough to fully understand how pitching staffs are managed.  All I know is what we are doing, doesn't work for midweek games and other teams have it figured out better.

2 hours ago, Loebarth said:

@Cdog923 - I feel ya man. I think Bolt has done a good job of keeping local talent home but he's not had much success against average and especially above average coaches and teams. I'd like to see them recruit more to Erstad's hitter types over the next 2 seasons. It's so huge to have that 4 hole hitter (like Creighton showed lastnight) that just scares the crap out of the opponent in situations that can blow the doors wide open. 

As for Bolt, I don't think (or hope) he should get an extension. Let his contract playout and then decide. He's a Husker and unlike the last Husker coach to get fired, he's been an outstanding representative of the University so imo (not worth a grain of salt) he's earned the chance, like Hoiberg, to finish out his contract. 

I would argue this point.

2022.  Top three players in State ( not bulls#!t rankings )  Dalton Bargo- Jalen Worthley - Mason Koch. all three committed elsewhere 

2023  Top three players in State  Cam Kozeal -Cole Eaton and Eli Small all committed elsewhere

2024 Kale Fountain  Tyson Lewis AJ Evasco  all committed elsewhere

2025  Danny Wallace- Jeter Worthley - Drew Grego , only Grego to Nebraska

2026  Brody Jindra is Nebraska  Charlie Ziola and Braden Caito are uncommitted.

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Admittedly, I don't follow college baseball enough to fully understand how pitching staffs are managed.  All I know is what we are doing, doesn't work for midweek games and other teams have it figured out better.

best I can explain is we dont throw guys for multiple weeks, then throw them out on a weekday and expect them to be sharp. Other teams throw their guys 1 inning 2-3 times per week minimum so they stay sharp.