Lets be realistic about USC

Nate

And to top that off, USC may very well be without two of their starters in the Secondary:

Pinkard and Thomas. Pinkard more than likely tore his ACL, and Thomas has a high ankle sprain so both of them look to be more than likely out against NU. USC will then have to start two true Freshman in their spots, which could get interesting!! :)

And to top that off, USC may very well be without two of their starters in the Secondary:

Pinkard and Thomas. Pinkard more than likely tore his ACL, and Thomas has a high ankle sprain so both of them look to be more than likely out against NU. USC will then have to start two true Freshman in their spots, which could get interesting!! :)

With all of the troubles that both of our secondaries are having, we might be looking at a shoot out. I think the game will come down to who has the big plays. Whether that be in the kicking game, turnovers, or just the offense in general. The team that generates the most big plays or can limit the opponents big plays has the best chance at winning.

With those injuries, I think our wr's could make some plays. I am real excited about the depth in backfield for us. Don't forget about our d-line though. I know they didn't show up as we would have wanted, but this is still a group of players that is one of the best in the nation. We also have those linebackers that are fast, and hungry to bring us back to the top. Don't underestimate their heart.

I don't think Nate knows to much about football! If he did he could see that the two teams are actually very evenly matched. SC would get a slight edge because they are at home, but the Husker faithful will be well represented (much like the Notre Dame game). The defenses are comparable with SC getting an edge in secondary, but they have lost their starting safety to a knee injury. They will also have an edge at O-line and receiver, but we will definitely have the edge at RB, QB, and TE. Booty and the young running backs looked ok, but I don't see any reason to be scared of them. I don't doubt SC is a good football team, but not championship caliber, not yet anyway. I don't see any reason why we can't win this game or at least have a chance to win it. Anyone who says that we are going to get pounded is just a fool.

I agree with everything there except The part about our Defenses being evenly ranked. There is no way in hell our defensive line wont WOMP USC in every aspect of its position. I also think our LBs are better than theirs, but not by as large a margin as the D-Line.

:restore

Ok, I'll be realistic. USC will be favored to win. They are suppose to win. It's a night game at home for them.

More realistic stuff that is just a fun little fact: They will play Nebraska without the last two heisman trophy winners. Their QB has only started one game. Their RB's have only started one game.

So I guess we can think what we want to think. But realistically, as of right now (2006), USC is no better than Nebraska. Make no bones about it... unless you gonna throw them bones up!

:woo

I don't think Nate knows to much about football! If he did he could see that the two teams are actually very evenly matched. SC would get a slight edge because they are at home, but the Husker faithful will be well represented (much like the Notre Dame game). The defenses are comparable with SC getting an edge in secondary, but they have lost their starting safety to a knee injury. They will also have an edge at O-line and receiver, but we will definitely have the edge at RB, QB, and TE. Booty and the young running backs looked ok, but I don't see any reason to be scared of them. I don't doubt SC is a good football team, but not championship caliber, not yet anyway. I don't see any reason why we can't win this game or at least have a chance to win it. Anyone who says that we are going to get pounded is just a fool.

I spit my tacos all over the screen after reading this. Are you referring to a comparison between USC and UT, because USC has much more talent than NU. Even though I am feeling better about this game, I still dont think that NU will keep it within 3 TD's.

2. Late in the season, yes, USC would have the edge, but it takes 4-5 games for an offense to jell.

So USC's offense hasn't gelled, and they still hung 50 on ARK, on the road. I'd hate to see them when they are clicking.

Had we not lost Bowman and others, I thougt we would go in with a 60-70% chance of winning. Now, I put it at about 50/50.

Are you referring to how the 95 Huskers would have fared against, USC, because if you haven't paid attention, NU hasn't played well on the road in the past few years, and hasn't come close to stopping an offense like USC's. NU gave up 70 and 37 to Texas Tech in the past couple of years, and USC is light years ahead of Tech.

Booty's first game outperformed Matt Leinert's first game, so you people had better not chalk up a win for NU just yet. You can talk about both secondaries being banged up, but USC has the option of plugging in some 4 or 5 :star stud that every team in America wanted, where NU has to rely on a converted WR who has only played the position for a couple of weeks.

Wake up and smell the coffee people. NU had a good first game, the best in the new era, but NU is no where close to USC at this point.

Wow.

I mean, seriously people, USC has played for the last 3 National Championships, and has had top 5 recruiting classes the past 3-5 seasons. NU is 14-10 since the coaching change, and 31-20 starting in 2002, with one top 5 class. NU has played like crap on the road in the past couple of years. Do you really, really, really, in the bottom of you heart think that NU will walk into the Coliseum and overwhelm USC?? We will be lucky to keep it close.

:blink:

Now you know why guys like that a-hole Mizzou fan wrote that s#%$$y blog of his just killing the NU faithful.

Geeezeeeee :bang

Difficult game to call - as a Husker fan, I am biased.

Will be looking forward to the opening betting line - and especially how it moves - because those are the real experts (big money talks). Believe me - the LARGE betters have more knowledge than you would believe - it's their life.

My feelings - dog fight. I don't see how USC can defend against - what...4 running backs and 4 tight ends - let alone what we haven't shown (which is a LOT). We have played VERY vanilla so far (and...USC SHOWED stuff). It's to our benefit.

My concern, like most of you, is our secondary. Without pressure on Booty - damn...bet the over - no doubt! I am pretty sure that coach is well aware of the need to get some serious pressure on Booty - so....I think we will be okay there.

Honestly - if Nebraska plays loose (knowing that they are expected to lose the game!) - and just HAS FUN - well....call me crazy - but Nebraska CAN beat USC. Only real problem is - like us - they have a great coach - but he has 2 weeks to study. Actually, when you think about it - so do we - even without preparation - ummmm...Nichols State? Sorry - but what happened to CU (growing pains) ain't happening here!

Regardless - if you like to bet football - depending on what it is - take the over. This one is going 60+

Do you really, really, really, in the bottom of you heart think that NU will walk into the Coliseum and overwhelm USC?? We will be lucky to keep it close.

This doesnt sit too well with me. Maybe it's how it's worded? But I understand what you are saying.

Maybe if it said "We will be Marlon Lucky to keep it close"... :cheers

USC will be heavily favored to win and they should. So no arguement with that from me. Glad it's on TV unlike the Nicholls State game. Until I hear Brent Musberger and Gary Danielson's voices... :bang

It will be a tough task ( USC has not lost a home game in 4 years). Nebraska defense will have to play the game of it's life and the offense will be able to move the ball. I don't think we will get owned and I think the key to this game is the running game, if N can establish the run early and chew time, anything can happen.

Other thing is Pete Carroll having two weeks to prep for the skers....Idon't like too much.

I mean, seriously people, USC has played for the last 3 National Championships, and has had top 5 recruiting classes the past 3-5 seasons. NU is 14-10 since the coaching change, and 31-20 starting in 2002, with one top 5 class. NU has played like crap on the road in the past couple of years. Do you really, really, really, in the bottom of you heart think that NU will walk into the Coliseum and overwhelm USC?? We will be lucky to keep it close.

Now you know why guys like that a-hole Mizzou fan wrote that s#%$$y blog of his just killing the NU faithful.

Geeezeeeee :bang

We should probably just stay home.