Lost Some Faith

Washusker

Some of you see through rose colored glasses and drink a bunch of kool-aid. I would of rather lost by 40 points and tried to beat USC then lost the way we lost last night. NU did not show up last night and its because they were not allowed to. It was obvious that Zack was not allowed to call any audibles and you can read the frustration with the coaches in all of the players faces. I still think that we could of went the distance with USC. If you are in a fight and you know you are going to lose, why not go down swinging?

I'm not jumping ship on BC but I have to agree that I don't like the way the game was coached. I'm more...disappointed. To say that he did it on purpose rubs me wrong too. If he was trying to be conservative he wouldn't have faked a punt deep in our own territory early in the first half.

My big question is...WHY WERENT WE PASSING????? Smack me if I'm wrong but aren't we supposed to be running the WCO? We're not going to get big yards running backs up the the 2-4-6 holes...especially after we did it allllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll game. Why didn't he try to put points on the board at the end of the first half? I'm sorry but I thought that game was called terribly.

Hats off to the Nebraska O-Line...I was really impressed. When we did pass they gave ZT plenty of time on most occasions to get the job done.

I think we hung in there defensively....offensively.......well....it was like having the Nebraska option back except we didn't run it and tore our guts out for 1-3 yard gains for 4 quarters up the middle.

Just my 2cents. Good game Nebraska. :restore

See now with your game planning he would be playing to lose cause he knows he CAN"T win in a shoot-out so he Called a game with would allow him the chance to win.

I tend to agree with you, mostly.

Most of the time when Taylor dropped back, everyone was covered and he ended up scrambling. SC's secondary must have played well. Did anyone else have any input on that?

Yeah but if you'll notice they were running text book- dummy routes because we wanted to pass to our new Tight End Lucky all night....sigh.

I'm ready to go at the Big 12 with some f'ing steam shooting out of my ears.

GO BIG RED come on boys lets take the 12 and leave this alone it's just making me pissed

See now with your game planning he would be playing to lose cause he knows he CAN"T win in a shoot-out so he Called a game with would allow him the chance to win.

I tend to agree with you, mostly.

Most of the time when Taylor dropped back, everyone was covered and he ended up scrambling. SC's secondary must have played well. Did anyone else have any input on that?

It's easier to say "pass" when "run" didn't work that well. It's easy to say "run" when "pass" didn't work that well. I think that is a big point that many are missing. The front 7 got a good push most of the time that we did pass and Taylor found no huge open passing lanes when he did have time. Whatever, I am sure that everyone who has a pc and teh interweb knows more about coaching than the coaching staff.

It's easier to say "pass" when "run" didn't work that well. It's easy to say "run" when "pass" didn't work that well. I think that is a big point that many are missing. The front 7 got a good push most of the time that we did pass and Taylor found no huge open passing lanes when he did have time. Whatever, I am sure that everyone who has a pc and teh interweb knows more about coaching than the coaching staff.

Well duh. That's a given.

OK,

That loss was not fun. Nothing about it was fun. It wasn't fun for me hearing Conquest ad-infinitum. It wasn;t fun watching that nag Traveler go up and down the field. And it really wasn't fun reading those two idiots Platchke and Adande in the Times this morning.

But, (and I have been very critical of Callahan in the past), people need to ease off a bit here. To beat USC, we had to run the ball. Had to. The only teams to beat or scare Sc have moved the ball on the ground. Our defense did something NO team has done in nearly 3 years....keep USC under 30. The biggest nails in our coffin were not coaching boo-boo's, they were player errors.....

Marlon Lucky needs to walk around campus with a football a'la Darnell Jefferson in The Program.

That fumble killed us. You DO NOT barf the ball after your defense mans up and holds SC to a 3 and out deep in thier own territory and makes them punt to start the 2nd half. Inexcusable, he should lose playing time over this :bang

Andre Jones needs his blackshirt pulled.

This might result in flaming, but I'm totally serious. His mouth wrote a check he could not cash and it cost his team. He ran his mouth all week and got torched. He did not make one good play all f'ing game. The whole stadium knew Jarret was getting the ball when thhe got close and he could not even begin to pull his head out from egotisitical ass to try and stop it. Take a seat for the Troy game, and take a lesson from the real player who beat your ass all Sat. night. You ran your mouth all week, Jarrett shut up, killed us, then said to the reporters it was fun to put you in your place. Dumbass.

Kurt Mann better be on his deathbed.

Our 2nd string center got blasted 3 yards off the ball on every play. There's is a great reason why running the ball didnt work. Or anything for that matter. OUr RB's were slower moving than the traffic on Figueroa last night, but its hard to go forward when the NG is in your face instantly.\

My 2 cents.

The speed of USC's defense put our offense in its place. I agree it was very difficult watching the center ice skate out there and then when we tried to go outside their speed was just too much. We had the line out there, but it was just the slicing of the LB's and CB's coming through. In all honesty, I could care less about this game after sleeping on it. What matters is what we do in the conference. Don't get me wrong, beating USC would have been huge, but as BC said and many others, this game is not going to set the rest of the season. We must crawl before we walk and we must walk before we run. It is going to happen. Just be patient.

There was a good quote given last night during the game. They basically posed the question of what the score would have been if it was NU of a couple of years ago (i.e. FRANK). I think the halftime score would have been around 28 or 35 to 0.

Look ahead to the future games this season and taking the Big XII!!!

Washusker, I do have respect for most everything you say on this board.  But this time I have to disagree with you.  As a few have previously posted, BC scripted the best game he could with the talent he has.  Our O-line is still growing and our secondary is vulnerable in many ways.

Rather than risk injury on a team that was superior in talent, he did play conservative.  Conserving the health of the team to compete for the conference championship which is very obtainable.

You post as if our season was already 5-6; we are 2-1. It is quite possible that we wont lose another game this season...including our bowl game.

Remain optimisitc, we are still early in the season with a lot of games ahead.

I disagree, but that's OK. I thought we could have attacked more.

I mean, if you already believe you can't win - why not at least go down in a blaze of glory?

We could have gone down the field more often, but we didn't. We could have mixed up our looks on the defensive side, but we didn't.

This was a completely unsatisfying game, because we did not play to win. I can't accept that. I don't fault the kids, either. I fault the coaching staff - namely Callahan.

Blaze of glory will get you = 70-10, Cally knew that.

Apparently you never saw the little convo with ESPN about Jones comment. Callihan never supported his thoughts one bit, he rolled over even in the ESPN interview.

You must have been watching a different interview then I was. Reece Davis tried to get Callahan to throw Jones under the bus and he never did. He said he was an excited young man and he would learn fromthis. Please tell me what he should have said. SOme people just won't give Callahan a chance at anything and will see negatives in everything he says or does.

The road record is horrible. Maybe that's where the faith is shaken some??

Under Callahan -

15-11

11-4 Home record

3-7 Road record

Road losses (and in order from latest):

USC 10-28

Kansas 15-40

Missouri 24-31

Oklahoma L 3-30

Iowa State L 27-34

K State L 21-45

Tex Tech L 10-70

These are just facts, no smoke in mirrors. We just have to be hopefull that things will turnaround. Let's just rally behind the Huskers and take it game by game and eventually we'll see what happens.

GBR!!!