Never had the Faith

I would have posted this on the thread "Lost the Faith," but truthfully I have never had faith in Callahan. I love Husker football just as much as anyone, and am very proud of how the team played saturday. I thought we would give up 40 pts, but I thought we would put up more pts ourselves. Then I watched the game. There was no way we were going to score over 20 on these guys. The speed of their defense was amazing. Let's not kid ourselves, this USC team is not as good as they have been...they are still trying to find themselves, we really got beat by 2 players...the QB and WR.

A couple of things that caught my eye...when you force the opposing offense in long situations, you need to get them off the field, not allow them to continue the drive. I know of a 3rd and long and 1st and long that we gave up big plays...25 yards on the 1st and long. That is not physical football. USC won because we allowed them to continue drives.

I will agree with the writer on "Lost the Faith" Callahan called a horrible game. I read last week on this site...many of you were saying we would win. I would think you would be disappointed that we were never given a chance to win. I thought the West Coast Offense was supposed to be more balenced and open up our passing game. We looked like the old huskers, run, run, run. Our passing game was working enough to pass more than we did. Again their speed on defense shut down the running game.

Either Callahan doesn't have confidence in the West Coast Offense or he doesn't have confidence in his team. If either is true, then all of us in Husker Nation should be worried, but then again most people on this site are more concerned with moral victories and year to year improvement, then they are with victories in general. I really thought we would lose the game, but let's be honest an 18 pt loss could have been 8-11 very easily.

Yes I am proud of the team, but the coach has some splanin' (I Love Lucy) to do in regards to his offensive approach.

One last thing...did I read his goal is to only get back to the Big 12 championship game this year...did he even mention if he would want to win that game. May I remind all we are a program that plays for championships not championship game appearances.

All are disappointed we lost. I think maybe, just possibly, Coach Callahan is too. Hard to believe that isn't it.

Reality is we lost to a much better, talented team. Most are saying they will go undefeated this year and play for the NC.

We held them under 40 points for the first time on their field in the last two years. Thier offensive line was exhausted, stated it was one of their toughest games in a long time. Booty said they had all sorts of problems through the nite. Basically we were beat by a WR that many are considering for the Heisman.

If they go undefeated and whip up on eveyone they play will you still have the negative comments. If we finish out the rest of the games with wins and win the North (Our Goal this year) and play and win in the CCG will you still be upset. Most on here felt we could win this game. But all knew it would mean error free play, controlling the ball, and slowing down their receiving corps. It just did not happen like the coach thought it would. That stuff happens, honestly in every football game, in every conference and league. They even screw up in the pros with the wrong game plan.

I doubt we will see this game plan again. We will not see the talent that SC has again this year. Remember they had 8 projected starters out. 8, they struggled with us a little, but the talent is still heads and shoulders above us.

Cowherd said we win the Big 12 with what he saw Saturday. Best team in the Big 12, our goal the North, possibly the CCG. So from one of our most avid detractors we get props, but you die hard quitters throw our coach to the wolves.

Support the team, they need it now, we are not going to win every game. Check with Penn State, Notre Dame, LSU, Miami, Florida State, Tennessee. It happens, get over it.

All are disappointed we lost. I think maybe, just possibly, Coach Callahan is too. Hard to believe that isn't it.

Reality is we lost to a much better, talented team. Most are saying they will go undefeated this year and play for the NC.

We held them under 40 points for the first time on their field in the last two years. Thier offensive line was exhausted, stated it was one of their toughest games in a long time. Booty said they had all sorts of problems through the nite. Basically we were beat by a WR that many are considering for the Heisman.

If they go undefeated and whip up on eveyone they play will you still have the negative comments. If we finish out the rest of the games with wins and win the North (Our Goal this year) and play and win in the CCG will you still be upset. Most on here felt we could win this game. But all knew it would mean error free play, controlling the ball, and slowing down their receiving corps. It just did not happen like the coach thought it would. That stuff happens, honestly in every football game, in every conference and league. They even screw up in the pros with the wrong game plan.

I doubt we will see this game plan again. We will not see the talent that SC has again this year. Remember they had 8 projected starters out. 8, they struggled with us a little, but the talent is still heads and shoulders above us.

Cowherd said we win the Big 12 with what he saw Saturday. Best team in the Big 12, our goal the North, possibly the CCG. So from one of our most avid detractors we get props, but you die hard quitters throw our coach to the wolves.

Support the team, they need it now, we are not going to win every game. Check with Penn State, Notre Dame, LSU, Miami, Florida State, Tennessee. It happens, get over it.

:yeah he's got my vote...seriously though, great post skers' :thumbs:worship PRECISELY