QB/WR Gerrell Robinson

http://story.scout.com/a.z?s=204&p=2&c=631835

Gerell Robinson, a 6-foot-3, 210-pound athlete from Hamilton High School in Chandler (Ariz.), is being recruited to play quarterback and wide receiver in college, but played free safety as a junior.

He finished the year with 72 tackles and eight sacks. Robinson benches 265 pounds, squats 385 and has a 35-inch vertical jump. He also runs the 40-yard dash in 4.6 seconds.

"I'm big and have great speed," Robinson said. I can just make plays. A lot of big guys are slow and can't keep up with me. I can break tackles and go all the way.

"I want to work on my mechanics both throwing and route-running," Robinson said. "I have a trainer that I work with for four hours on the weekends. I also want to improve my mental game and study film more and just become a smarter player."

Robinson says he has 10 total scholarship offer (seven written, three verbal). He favors Arizona slightly over UCLA, Nebraska, Minnesota, Florida and Oregon. All but the Gators have offered. He also has offers from Arizona State, Colorado and UTEP, and says that Oregon State and Notre Dame have verbally offered, and feels the Gators are close. "They said they are still recruiting their own backyard, but that I'm high on their list of out-of-state guys.

"I want a good program overall," Robinson said. "I'll see how I fit in. I'd prefer a big college town or a big city. Location is going to be a big factor for me. I don't plan to commit too early. I'll go through the season and take my visits."

Robinson attended the Arizona Junior Day in March and says the Wildcats are only one and a half hours from his house. "They are going in the right direction," he said. "They improve their record every year and have a great coaching staff. I really get along with all of them. I think (head coach) Mike Stoops is a great guy."

Arizona, where Robinson is already considered a "soft commit", was also the first program to offer him last September and they are recruiting him as a quarterback.

Nebraska and Minnesota are also recruiting him at quarterback, while Oregon has said wide receiver and safety are his best positions.

"Nebraska has a storied history and coach Bill Callahan is a nice guy and turned their whole system around," Robinson said. "I love their pro-style offense and that they throw the ball a lot.

"Oregon is a program I've always liked," he said. "I love that they have all that Nike stuff and all those uniforms and equipment. That's tight. Also, they have a great college town environment and they really support their players."

Although Robinson was born in Indiana, he says he grew up following Texas because he lived there for eight years.

Robinson plans to attend the Scout.com combine on April 29 in Los Angeles and is considering attending camps at USC, Notre Dame and Ohio State this summer.

He already visited UCLA unofficially and enjoyed Westwood. "I went there unofficially about a month ago," Robinson said. "I loved the location and the campus a lot. It's all pretty close together and not too spread out. It's really pretty with a lot of brick buildings and reminded me of an East Coast school

"Oregon is a program I've always liked," he said. "I love that they have all that Nike stuff and all those uniforms and equipment. That's tight. Also, they have a great college town environment and they really support their players."

:rickjames

:asshat is what he is. Those uniforms suck!!!

I Think the owner of the Ducks.... whats his name..... oh yea Phil Knight.... I bet he sits back in his lazy boy with a cigar and laughes himself into a coughing attack that renders him unconsious every time the *ucks take the field.

I'll bet when he was a kid, he never dreamed he'd be in the position to make a whole football team "look" Offensive. (No pun intended). His mom must be proud.

:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin

:clap:clap:clap:clap

:laughpound:laughpound:laughpound:laughpound

• 5 months later...

He was scheduled to visit 9/15 (USC), but will instead visit a later date when he can come and get more attention and time with the coaches and is also planning a weekend where he can meet up with Jonas Gray and Blaine Gabbert here.

If he comes he will be a WR, and I think thats what most teams are looking at him as.

• 1 month later...

Rumors circulating this kid may be wavering on his commitment to Mike Stoops and Arizona, looks like he may be taking a visit to Lincoln.

Anyone hear anything on this situation so far?

Reading the paper this morning, he says he thinks his best position is wide receiver and that he does not want to attend Ariz as q/b. That is what Ariz recruited him for. So he has now retracted his verbal from the Wildcats and will start looking at schools that want him as a wide eceiver. He says he will visit Georgia Tech, Oregon and a hand full of other schools. Nebraska, ASU, Fla, USC, Tenn.

GBR!!!