Who do U think NU's Next Heisman will be

Too early to tell now but either Lucky or Mo will get it. I thought Swift would have been the canidate but he is not nearly getting enough of the passes.

Swift isn't even the best WR on the team, let alone the nation...

But in all seriousness, I would give my vote to Sam Keller who will quarterback for us next season. The guy is going to have an insanely good amount of talent to throw to when he is starting.

First off, to have a Heisman contender, we have to be at the top of our game like USC and Ohio State are right now. But don't worry, that's right around the corner. The player could be anybody, but he has to be a gamebreaker and a playmaker all season long, and have to have some major stats to back it up, unfortunately. The media and the Heisman always like winners, so it's a really subjective thing.

We really do not have anyone to consider at this time. Keller killed his chances by transfering. The contenders are decided the year before. The University has to promote like crazy to get them considered. Keller is riding the bench this year. He has no chance no matter the numbers is my guess. Of course a phenominal year would bring him up for consideration, but winning it is not likely.

None of our running backs has the talent to be the Heisman at this time. Lucky is the farthest down the list as far as I am concerned. Jackson is to much of a workhorse back to get it. He has talent, but he is not nor will he be the best back in the country next year.

I think the next if there is one has not arrived on campus yet. But who really cares, lets just win a NC instead. Most of the team would rather have a NC than a Hypsman player trust me.

Again the talent is not here for that award. But a lot of times that is a good situation because you have more of team, and that is what Nebraska needs now.

Having our last Hypsman hurt this team and program more than it did it good. No one prepared to replace him because we had to run up the stats for him to win it. No one recruited to replace him or prepared to run the ball when he was gone. Sometimes they hurt you more than do good. Great for the player and the fans, but it did this program no favors other than the fact that we can advertise we had one.

We really do not have anyone to consider at this time. Keller killed his chances by transfering. The contenders are decided the year before. The University has to promote like crazy to get them considered. Keller is riding the bench this year. He has no chance no matter the numbers is my guess. Of course a phenominal year would bring him up for consideration, but winning it is not likely.

None of our running backs has the talent to be the Heisman at this time. Lucky is the farthest down the list as far as I am concerned. Jackson is to much of a workhorse back to get it. He has talent, but he is not nor will he be the best back in the country next year.

I think the next if there is one has not arrived on campus yet. But who really cares, lets just win a NC instead. Most of the team would rather have a NC than a Hypsman player trust me.

Again the talent is not here for that award. But a lot of times that is a good situation because you have more of team, and that is what Nebraska needs now.

Having our last Hypsman hurt this team and program more than it did it good. No one prepared to replace him because we had to run up the stats for him to win it. No one recruited to replace him or prepared to run the ball when he was gone. Sometimes they hurt you more than do good. Great for the player and the fans, but it did this program no favors other than the fact that we can advertise we had one.

Agree - the next one isn't even on campus. None of the tailbacks will be considered - they won't have the carries or yards. As skersfan said, Keller was out by default by transferring - the campaign has to start at least a year in advance. That leaves the receivers - and while I think Purify has the potential to be that kind of player, he doesn't have the states to hype him for next year.

No, our next one is still out there waiting to be recruited...

We've had 3 guys win the Heisman and you think we can just pick one that's either on the team now or will be next year? That's like picking the winning lotto numbers. IMO, we probably don't have a single person on the team who will win the Heisman. The odds statistically are on my side. Most guys who win the Heisman play and play a lot for 3 or 4 years. We have 1 QB who's won the Heisman, and there are a lot of fans who think he isn't even the best that's played here at the position. I don't think Lucky wins the Heisman for several reasons. First, he would have to get nearly every carry to even be considered. You can't play 4 RB's a game and have one win the Heisman. I agree that Keller won't win it because quite frankly he transferred and won't get the attention unless we knock off Texas and USC next year. Purify is a maybe but look at how many outstanding receivers go through college and aren't recognized. In the WCO in particular the ball is spread around with short passes so much more. Heisman winners are flashy with big yardage numbers and such. I don't think Purify gets the 25 yards/catch average or things like that to win the Heisman.

My question is why does it matter who the next Husker is to win the Heisman? The Heisman is a personal achievement. I'd much rather see Nebraska as a team win than individual players win awards. The real question should be: when will Nebraska win their 6th NC?