WR Vondrae Tostensen

Husker14021

Your negativity torwards this kid makes me hope that he signs with Nebraska. ;)

That statement is moronic.

:asshat

No, I just hate Husker fans who act "holier than thou''.

If calling someone's character into question and criticizing them makes me "holier than thou" you must hate every single person on this board who ever criticized Callahan, Cozgrove, Pederson, etc....

I have a vested interest in this team. I've been a fan all of my life and I think that gives me the right say I hope we don't sign this kid unless he turns his sh*t around. Holier than thou? Perhaps you just need to be a little more concerned with character of the kids we bring in here instead of just worrying about how many stars they have behind their name and how many touchdowns they might score.

I will guarantee you, that there are Cornhuskers (past and present) that have worse character issues than Vondrae. That's a fact.

We need to sign him. He will end up at a major D1 grades permitting weather we sign him or not.

He is DAMNED good.

Let's not forget something here. He hasn't played football in two years. He barely lasted a whole quarter this season before injuring his knee. First he has to get healthy, then he needs to get his act together, and then he needs to choose NU. That's a lot of hurdles for a young man. With his home life situation it doesn't seem likely he can just turn everything around witha snap of the fingers. Hopefully there are some adults who can mentor this kid so he doesn't ruin his chances.

We need to sign him. He will end up at a major D1 grades permitting weather we sign him or not.

He is DAMNED good.

Let's not forget something here. He hasn't played football in two years. He barely lasted a whole quarter this season before injuring his knee. First he has to get healthy, then he needs to get his act together, and then he needs to choose NU. That's a lot of hurdles for a young man. With his home life situation it doesn't seem likely he can just turn everything around witha snap of the fingers. Hopefully there are some adults who can mentor this kid so he doesn't ruin his chances.

I agree with you. Those are many steps until he is able to pick a college ( especially the grades) but I feel with his size and speed combo if he can get healthy that he will be an impact player.

• 1 month later...

Well.......if there was ever a time for Father to say "I told you so" I guess now would be it.

Why? Because he chose to get on an internet forum and belittle a 16 year old kid for months on end? Doing that has is not right, no matter the circumstance.

Imagine if I chose to do that to his children or grandchildren, possibly even your own.

It's classless, no matter what the cause.

If Vondrae truly has problems, then you wish for him to get the proper guidance he needs, not tear the kid down even more or even pat yourself on the back.