mahoney

Player: Dan Hoch

Hometown: Harlan, IA

Position: OT

Height: 6’6”

Weight: 285

40 time: 5.0

Visit Date:

Scholarships offered: Nebraska, Iowa St, Kansas, Kansas St.

Favorites: Committed to Nebraska

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals: :star:star:star:star

Bid Red Report: :star:star:star:star

Assessing the talent:

Odds of Becoming a Cornhusker: 85% May be our next 2008 commit. Getting one out of Iowa early would be fantastic

If I had to guess, he will be a high 4*. But could be like Ryan Miller and get his 5th with a big year next season.

P.S., if you live near Council Bluffs, Dan will be playing basketball at Abraham Lincoln High School on Jan. 6th, at 7:30p.m. I have already seen him play both sports, and NU got a great one in the making.

About time NU got even at Iowa for Olson!!

If I had to guess, he will be a high 4*. But could be like Ryan Miller and get his 5th with a big year next season.

P.S., if you live near Council Bluffs, Dan will be playing basketball at Abraham Lincoln High School on Jan. 6th, at 7:30p.m. I have already seen him play both sports, and NU got a great one in the making.

That's my old high school. It's about 5 minutes away from me so I may have to go and check this kid out!!!!

That's my old high school. It's about 5 minutes away from me so I may have to go and check this kid out!!!!

since when is CB 5 min away from Des Moines? last time I made that drive it was more like 2 hours.

oh yeah, you are a cop and get to drive with those nifty lights and sirens turned on. LOL

since when is CB 5 min away from Des Moines? last time I made that drive it was more like 2 hours.

oh yeah, you are a cop and get to drive with those nifty lights and sirens turned on. LOL

Reread his post.............he says that Dan is coming to Des Moines to play at Lincoln.......... ;)

Article from LJS on Hoch:

LJS

Iowa lineman commits to NU's 2008 recruit class

BY STEVEN M. SIPPLE / Lincoln Journal Star

Tuesday, Dec 19, 2006 - 12:14:53 am CST

In the midst of a slew of oral commitments for its 2007 recruiting class, Nebraska picked up a pledge for the class of 2008 from a towering Iowa offensive lineman.

Dan Hoch, a 6-foot-7, 285-pound junior at Harlan (Iowa) Community Schools, informed Nebraska coaches Monday he will accept their scholarship offer.

“I just really thought Nebraska was the best place for me,” Hoch said. “I like the facilities and the coaches really well, especially (offensive line coach) Dennis Wagner. And Nebraska’s tradition is insane.”

And if Iowa puts on a full-court press to sway him?

“I’ll still be a Husker,” Hoch said.

He becomes the third high school player to pledge to Nebraska’s class of 2008, joining running back Collins Okafor of Omaha Westside and offensive lineman Baker Steinkuhler of Lincoln Southwest.

In addition to Nebraska, Hoch received scholarship offers from Iowa State and Kansas State. Although Iowa has shown interest, the Hawkeyes haven’t made an offer, he said.

Playing both sides of the ball, Hoch this past season helped lead Harlan to a 10-1 record in Iowa’s second-largest classification. He also pitches for the school’s baseball team and hurls the discus and puts the shot. This time of year, he starts at center for the basketball team and averages about 13 points and eight rebounds.

He has a 3.9 grade-point average.

“I think he got an A-minus once,” said Harlan football coach Curt Bladt. “Nebraska’s getting a player who’s very coachable, a very hard worker. Dan is going to find out that at 6-7 and 280, he’s just one of the boys at Nebraska. He’ll have to figure out what to do. But he’s smart enough to do that.”

I've heard the same thing....possible 5 stars....prototype OT

Reread his post.............he says that Dan is coming to Des Moines to play at Lincoln.......... ;)

hooked on phonics works for you..............P.S., if you live near Council Bluffs, Dan will be playing basketball at Abraham Lincoln High School on Jan. 6th, at 7:30p.m. I have already seen him play both sports, and NU got a great one in the making.

i read and reread the post and no where does it say that he is coming to Des Moines to play at Lincoln High. It does say that he will be playing at Abraham Lincoln HS. There are 2 public high schools in CB Thomas Jefferson and Abraham Lincoln.