Its very possible...

huskerguy

I'd say not only is it possible but highly likely...Other than Green I would imagine and we would see new starters...Bowman and either Thenarse/Murrillo at corner, and Asante at the other saftey spot with Culbert playing a hybrid linebacker/safey position. Any way you look at it, it's all good, great recuruting class, Callahan is gettin the ball rolling.

Our whole defensive secondary that started all this year, that none of them start next year with 3/4 returning... I love the depth this recruiting class is giving us! Best class of BC era so far
I doubt it's very possible, but it's possible.

How many freshman have come in to earn starting spots? Historically?

Jones and Green will start. He has the experience and the drive. These new recruits will push him but this latest "demotion" will have him motivated through next year.

Who leads the defense in tackles? Jones... and you don't do that by sucking.

I think it is pretty lame to think that someone brand new to D1A football is going to start over a solid performer in D1A the previous year.

Bowman will probably be back in shape and take Grixby's spot. The last spot will more than likely end up with Culbert or Asante. Remember Culbert has a year in the system and is only 1 year behind Asante as far as total college goes (Asante is 3 for 3 and Culbert is 4 for 3).

So whos experience would you prefer?

1 year in juco redshirting and 1 year showing well in juco

-or-

1 year in the defense plus had a solid game against Chase and his Misery buddies.

I'd say this one is a push and we will need summer camp to decide. I think the other three spots are pretty much taken save for some season ending injury.

CB - Jones

CB - Bowman

FS - Green (moving from strong)

SS - Culbert or Asante

i think the defensive secondary better step up, because most of our really experienced D linemen are gone....defense will be a bigger problem next year for us......the O will have to keep us in the game more so next year than ever before....

I don't know if I would say that the defense will be a bigger problem as we have a ton of talent coming back from this years team. Turner, Suh, Steinkuhler, Rudd, Octavien, McKeon, Grixby, Green, Jones, Thenarse, and Culbert have all played a ton for this year. Add in Bowman and Dillard coming off of injury as well as JUCOs, freshman getting their shot, and younger players, and I would say that our defense should not show any let downs.

Our D will be a little more solid next year I think.

Dillard looked like an animal early, Octavien can be a stud as well.

The line doesn't lack in talent.... but possibly depth, just cross your fingers that something like what happened to our DBs this year will not happen to our DL next year....Steinkuhler, Turner, and Suh all have legitimate reps on the Dline (I hear great things about "the beast" brandon Johnson who shirted this year... And of course our DBs will be bumped up. A couple returning players, and keep in mind there are some transfers that will be there all through spring ball..

Jones and Green will start. He has the experience and the drive. These new recruits will push him but this latest "demotion" will have him motivated through next year.

Who leads the defense in tackles? Jones... and you don't do that by sucking.

Actually, you are probably not a very good CB if you are leading the defense in tackles, as that means the receivers you are covering are making a lot of catches.