... Lucky considered leaving Nebraska

I think a lot of people would be surprised how many student athletes wonder aloud about transferring. Its just that football at NU is under such an extreme microscope that fans see it more often. Its a wierd process, and I think many of them wonder if the grass is indeed greener.

He;s still here, no harm no foul

I think a lot of people would be surprised how many student athletes wonder aloud about transferring. Its just that football at NU is under such an extreme microscope that fans see it more often. Its a wierd process, and I think many of them wonder if the grass is indeed greener.

I think you are on to something, from what I understand from people who are closer to the program. It's really not that uncommon, but certainly not every player goes through doubting whether he made the right decision in a school.

Prep coach says Lucky considered leaving Nebraska

“He talked to Coach (Bill) Callahan last week, and Callahan gave him some good answers,” Ratcliffe said. “If Callahan hadn’t given him good answers, he would’ve been gone.”

lucky: coach, what's the Gross Domestic Product of Mongolia in terms of real growth?

coach: as of 2006, that would be 7.5% or thereabouts.

lucky: what's olbers' paradox?

coach: if the universe is infinite in time and space then, the whole nightsky should be infinitely bright. olber's paradox is used to justify the 'Big-Bang' -theory. but marlon, you gotta remember that it's all derived from an inconsistent physical assumption: it assumes a production of radiation throughout the universe but does not allow for any loss processes. i personally wouldn't put too much stock into it.

lucky: a saline soution is 20% salt. how much water must you add to how much saline solution, in order to dilute it to 8 gallons of 15% solution?

coach: ... six gallons.

lucky: can you prove that?

coach: sure. let s be the number of gallons of saline solution. now all the salt will come from those s gallons. what is s so that 20% of s -- the salt -- will be 15% of 8 gallons? so now you're looking at it in this way: .2s = .15 × 8 = 1.2 or more simply, 2s = 12. eventually that becomes s = 6.

therefore, to 6 gallons of saline solution you must add 2 gallons of water.

lucky: ... what are my chances of starting this fall?

coach: that's up to you. you show hustle and heart, the rest will all fall into place.

lucky: i'm staying with the program, coach.

coach: good enough. see ya tomorrow, kid.

Mike Babcock is supposed to have a book out where he mentions several star Nebraska players that considered transferring early in their careers.

Schools could do this, but remember we may not have won a NC in 1997 if it were more difficult. Obviously, we never would have had Frost transfer to NU if it were made considerably more difficult for players to transfer. Hell, we more than likely would have never got Taylor if it were made more difficult as he would have had to have stayed at Wake. While we're on the subject, we never would have gotten Keller from ASU either.

The people questioning Lucky are the exact same people that cheered or will cheer for the 3 guys you listed above. I'm sure they also cheered loudly for Crouch and Buckhalter. Every single one of the guys mentioned either did transfer because of playing time or about left because of it.

Ok, lets say you go to a job interview. You have a bit of a reputation in the field, so some big companies are going after you. You interview with a few of them, and than decide to take the job at husker co. Now, you are there for a few years, and you like your job, but then, your best friend and your mentor, who encouraged you to take the job in the first place, has left to take a better offer at another company. You start to think that maybe you missed out by not taking another job, further more, you still have a rep. The big companies out there, like Trojanco and Buckeyeco, are still out there and you still might be able to land a job there. Is it a lack of loyalty or character if you think about leaving? No. Last I checked, if Lucky leaves, he doesnt count against our scholarship count. He wouldnt get anymore free classes from us, or any of the other perks that come with being a football player. I think what alot of people miss out on is that yes, playing sports is fun, but playing sports at that level is a hell of alot of work too. Practices, conditioning, media, trips away from school while classes are going on. If he, or anyone else here, felt they werent getting out of it what they could get somewhere else, they would be asking the same questions.

As far as KIDS go I work around alot of KIDS that are willing to die for our country and they may complain once in a while but they still do the job. It seems to me that Lucky had a problem and confided in his HS coach and then talked with BC before making a rash decision. He did things the right way. If you have a problem and cannot find the answer look for help in those that can and will help. I give him credit for finding a solution and he is still keeping his word. These young men are going through life changing times and they only have one shot to do it right. Seek out all the help you need. As far as his HS coach goes, he should have kept this private. No good comes out of breaking someones trust.

As far as KIDS go I work around alot of KIDS that are willing to die for our country and they may complain once in a while but they still do the job. It seems to me that Lucky had a problem and confided in his HS coach and then talked with BC before making a rash decision. He did things the right way. If you have a problem and cannot find the answer look for help in those that can and will help. I give him credit for finding a solution and he is still keeping his word. These young men are going through life changing times and they only have one shot to do it right. Seek out all the help you need. As far as his HS coach goes, he should have kept this private. No good comes out of breaking someones trust.

Good points. Lucky did the right thing. He had issues and discussed them with the right folks. At least he didn't fly home and call the press to say how cheated he was (or have mommy do it for him).

I am glad he is staying and i cant wait til the end of next season to hear all of the loud gagging and choking sounds as a majority of you yank and pull and twist your foot trying to get it out of your mouths. I believe Lucky is going to have a huge year and that he is going to prove a lot of naysayers wrong. cant wait.

I think a lot of credit is deserved (as mentioned above) for coming to a decision without making rash judgements. A lot of players would have just left and made all kinds of excuses but he went about it like a man and workd it out.

I for one am glad he stayed and am happy to have him here.

He was our best back last year and is going to blow up this year

Yay...Lucky is staying....

Now NU has a back in the backfield that "doesnt wanna carry the load", had to be promised PT to get him here in the first place, and now...had to get talked back into staying.

Wanna leave...here's a ticket...catch ya on the flip side.

Choo - Choo

Wow, didn't see this one coming.

Do you watch NU games?