... Lucky considered leaving Nebraska

I am glad he is staying and i cant wait til the end of next season to hear all of the loud gagging and choking sounds as a majority of you yank and pull and twist your foot trying to get it out of your mouths. I believe Lucky is going to have a huge year and that he is going to prove a lot of naysayers wrong. cant wait.

I think a lot of credit is deserved (as mentioned above) for coming to a decision without making rash judgements. A lot of players would have just left and made all kinds of excuses but he went about it like a man and workd it out.

I for one am glad he stayed and am happy to have him here.

He was our best back last year and is going to blow up this year

Ya that

You know what, i have heard some posters on this board say that Lucky is to shifty behind the line and gets happy feet, and I kept thinking that they must have been watching someone else, cuz i didnt remember Lucky getting tackled behind the line very often. To verify my suspicions, I actually went back and watched a few games I have on dvd. In those games, I saw Wilson, supposedly a power back, get taken down behind the line three times, Glenn four times, and Lucky.... 0. Maybe the defense just takes plays off when Lucky is in :sarcasm

Yay...Lucky is staying....

Now NU has a back in the backfield that "doesnt wanna carry the load", had to be promised PT to get him here in the first place, and now...had to get talked back into staying.

Wanna leave...here's a ticket...catch ya on the flip side.

Choo - Choo

ya that

“He talked to Coach (Bill) Callahan last week, and Callahan gave him some good answers,” Ratcliffe said. “If Callahan hadn’t given him good answers, he would’ve been gone.”

Lucky’s guardian, Wayne Padden of Los Angeles, said the I-back now looks forward to the 2007 season.

“His future is laid out in front of him,” Padden said.

promised him the starting position again?

the good answers part IS interesting.......what the hell would "good answers be"?

"ok, kid, you can have the starting job, no matter what."

"well Marlon, you were a 5 star recruit, so since Jackson is gone, I guess the job is yours........."

"ok, we'll work something out for you so you don't have to tote the rock 20-30 times a game, game after game."

"well, Cody and Kenny will be pissed, but we will give them the ball on 3rd and 20, ok?"

alas, we can only speculate as to what was said....hopefully it is a promise that won't compromise the productivity at RB this year.......

the good answers part IS interesting.......what the hell would "good answers be"?

"ok, kid, you can have the starting job, no matter what."

"well Marlon, you were a 5 star recruit, so since Jackson is gone, I guess the job is yours........."

"ok, we'll work something out for you so you don't have to tote the rock 20-30 times a game, game after game."

"well, Cody and Kenny will be pissed, but we will give them the ball on 3rd and 20, ok?"

alas, we can only speculate as to what was said....hopefully it is a promise that won't compromise the productivity at RB this year.......

Or the conversation could have gone something like this

coach i know i havent really lived up to my potential, i think im improving where do you see me at for next year?'

Marlon you have progressed nicely and you will get an equal shot at the starting job next year but if you do you have to be prepared to carry the ball 20-30 times a game are you ready for that

yes coach i am ill work hard to win the job. thats all i needed to know if it was an open competition and if you thought i had a chance to win the job. Im staying definitely and if i dont win the job it will be my fault and noone elses. thanks for your time

why does it have to be so negative

because Marlon wouldn't need "good answers" if he had those type of questions, those that should have been answered and understood way before now......no reason he should need anymore assurance than Glenn or Wilson.....besides, christ, he has a whole winter conditioning program to help him improve that the other 2 backs cannot participate in due to nagging injuries.....if he isn't way ahead by the spring game there is no excuse for him......period

Hunter why are you always so negitive?

i am not.......just wondering why Lucky is so damn insecure and why the kid should be coddled? i am sure he has a thousand excuses, but it looks to me like he needs to suck it up like Glenn and Wilson...actually it doesn't really matter, he will be what he will be......but if cally plays favorites to save face with his 5 star guy, then that creates another problem, don't you think? i dunno, guess i am skeptical, only his play this season will tell us more about the kid......hope i am wrong, but there are always some who need/crave more attention than others....

i am not.......just wondering why Lucky is so damn insecure and why the kid should be coddled? i am sure he has a thousand excuses, but it looks to me like he needs to suck it up like Glenn and Wilson...actually it doesn't really matter, he will be what he will be......but if cally plays favorites to save face with his 5 star guy, then that creates another problem, don't you think? i dunno, guess i am skeptical, only his play this season will tell us more about the kid......hope i am wrong, but there are always some who need/crave more attention than others....

Lucky had over a 160 total yards against Auburn (a very good deffense) that is not being coddled

You are making quite a few harsh judgements there from hip, so to speak....

Many people think this was another non-story that Sipple published. I have to agree mostly with them. I am sure more players go to talk to the coach on a regular basis. Why don't see stories about that? Why?

If cally playes favorites it will be a problem absolutely, but not if lucky is in the lineup. the problems will be if he plays favorites and Ruud and Grixby are in the lineup. There is the favoritism id look for if any is going to happen

I am trying ot figure out where some of you guys think that Lucky is being "coddled" or "favored".....

He struggeld as a freshman, but most do, unless you are AP....... maybe rivals missed a little on the 5 star thing....

I have not seen anything that has made me think that Lucky is given anything special....when BJ took over, BJ started and played most of the game...... The whole cotton bowl has been discussed to exhaustion, but damn, maybe BJ struggled holding onto the ball during the ONE week of work before the game.....when Lucky gets 95% of snaps during a 3-week pre-bowl session, Lucky DESERVED the start, even if he wasn't the "normal starter".....it was the only right way to handle it..... And Lucky played WELL......

Glenn has not shown anything to impress me to the point where I would even consider ahead of Lucky, and my god, Wilson doesn't do crap besides fumble and punish a poor CU def. back in "mop up duty".....

C'mon guys.....Lucky is the best that we have to offer, bar none.... he is not being favored......if BJ stays, I would bet BJ would start....but that is no the case...