OLB Arthur Brown

• 1 month later...

Gotta think this guy will be on Bo's short list for people he plans on visiting!

i wonder who his main recruiter from LSU was, and if Bo will be bringing that guy on staff?

It appears the two big hitters on the staff are Larry Porter and Josh Henson. Porter is the Asst Head Coach/RB coach/Special Teams coach. Henson is the TE coach/recruiting coordinator.

The one I think Coach Pelini might be able to snag is Bradley Dale Peveto who is the LB coach/Special Teams coach

• 2 weeks later...

Come on guys, I understand that we're going through a tough time, as fans, watching our commits and targets dropping like flies. But this personal backlash is very, very unnecessary. I'm sure Arthur Brown will NOT be asking himself, "what the f--- was I thinking?" He's put a lot of thought into this entire process, and though it was a surprise to the millions of internet spectators who don't know him at all, it's not like we were on his radar anyway.

Best of luck to the recruits, wherever they go. We'll get our recruiting class one way or another and things will carry on. Things get tense, but no need to get spiteful.

Come on guys, I understand that we're going through a tough time, as fans, watching our commits and targets dropping like flies. But this personal backlash is very, very unnecessary. I'm sure Arthur Brown will NOT be asking himself, "what the f--- was I thinking?" He's put a lot of thought into this entire process, and though it was a surprise to the millions of internet spectators who don't know him at all, it's not like we were on his radar anyway.

Best of luck to the recruits, wherever they go. We'll get our recruiting class one way or another and things will carry on. Things get tense, but no need to get spiteful.

Not in the final cut but we were at one point.

• 5 weeks later...

• 2 years later...

So much for 5 STARS. Leaving Miami, and enrolling in Butler Community College.

Arthur Brown Sr. said it was his decision, not his son's, for Arthur Jr. to leave Miami and enroll at Butler Community College in Kansas, two miles from the parents' home, where Arthur Jr. is now living. ``I thought it was time for him to come home. He needed the support,'' Arthur Sr. said. ``He has spent a tremendous amount of time away from people who love him.''

Edit:

"CORAL GABLES _ Linebacker Arthur Brown, once considered the top recruit in the 2008 class, has left the University of Miami.

Brown withdrew from school recently, according to a source close to the situation. Brown was unavailable for comment, but the source said the move was not football-related. Brown would have been a junior this fall. He didn't workout with the team Tuesday. UM media relations confirmed Brown returned home to Kansas to be with his family.

Scout.com rated Brown as the nation's top recruit after he finished his career at Wichita East. He was a Parade All-American and a member of USA Today's All-USA Team, but he struggled during his two seasons at UM. He cited "terminology" problems as a freshman and continued the adjustment last year.

Brown recorded 13 tackles last season, playing mostly on special teams. In 2008, he had four tackles while appearing in 11 games."