Why Lucky is our best back

Watch this highlight real. I understand that these are his best plays, but there are a hell of alot of plays on there, and not once did he fall backwards, he showed great patience, great receiving ability, he breaks a hell of alot of tackles, and is almost impossible to tackle one on one in the open field. I honestly believe that Lucky and Jackson made a very average offensive line look alot better than it was.

I personally feel that Lucky is a really good back that is perfect in the role of "lightning" in a thunder and lightning combo back field. Too many people like to downgrade Lucky because he cannot play the thunder part (power up the middle for tough earned yards). I think he will thrive with the ball in the open field if he has a partner (Glenn or Wilson) that will pound the ball consistantly up the middle.

I personally feel that Lucky is a really good back that is perfect in the role of "lightning" in a thunder and lightning combo back field. Too many people like to downgrade Lucky because he cannot play the thunder part (power up the middle for tough earned yards). I think he will thrive with the ball in the open field if he has a partner (Glenn or Wilson) that will pound the ball consistantly up the middle.

I think Lucky looks like a real threat when he gets a little room. He should also improve with experience. He's not the type who will drag 3 or 4 guys several yards downfield. Look out when there's daylight though.

Watch this highlight real. I understand that these are his best plays, but there are a hell of alot of plays on there, and not once did he fall backwards, he showed great patience, great receiving ability, he breaks a hell of alot of tackles, and is almost impossible to tackle one on one in the open field. I honestly believe that Lucky and Jackson made a very average offensive line look alot better than it was.

Haha ... also he's 1) not injured and 2) still here ;)

I personally believe that Lucky will be a great back for us next year. He does have amazing speed and I saw drastic improvement in running power from freshman to soph. year. He is a great receiver out of the backfield and will only get stronger and be able to read d's better as time goes on. Wasnt james steward from oregon the number one rated back that year and Lucky was number two? Lucky split time with sometimes three other backs and always at least one and he still had over 1000 yards of total offense. Just wait and see he will be something to talk about next year with a drastically improved line and more time to shine. Im not sure about Stewarts stats but with all things considered they cant be that much better than luckys.

Lucky will be fine !!!! I think that a lot of people still can't get over the fact that he wasn't Adrian Petersen as a freshman.... Too many people put way too much stock in the recruiting services..... He wasn't ready to be physical as a freshman, and a lot of people still hold that against him......the fact is, it is the fan's fault that he was a "disappointment", not Lucky's.....it is the fan that "set the expectations too high"....If you are one of those people, blame yourself, not him...

He sees the field great, cuts very well, getting more physical and is our best receiving threat out of the the backfield...... He is our best back !!!!! BAR NONE....

And yes, if he has a breakout year, he will probaly bolt....this is why we need Castille to sign that freakin' dotted line tomorrow.... then he will have a year to mature and play with Glenn..

Lucky and Glenn were both banged up the whole year... As a matter of fact, I remember seeing a coach callahan show where cally praised Lucky for his toughness and ability to play through injuries. Glenn is indecisive in the hole, runs too high up and lets people get at his feet, has shown zero pass catching ability and what will ultimately keep him from ever being as good as a bjax/lucky, can not make people miss in the open field. Its nice to be able to run people over, but doing that slows you down and lets the defense catch up. Even Jerome Bettis could make a cb miss in the open field on a swing pass. Lucky can run though tackles, maybe not quite as well as Glenn, but Lucky can also do more than run through tackles.

Lucky has a lot of talent, and he is a proven receiver. Lucky will get his chance to step up and show us what he's got. He will definately get more snaps to showcase his talent. Wilson will get more carries as well. Hopefully he will hold on to the ball a bit better. The dark horse is Castle. He has the talent to play and contribute as a freshman. With Okafor coming in 08's class there is no sense in redshirting someone who can see the field. We have so much talent at running back it's sick. We haven't had this much talent running the ball for years.

Lucky has a lot of talent, and he is a proven receiver. Lucky will get his chance to step up and show us what he's got. He will definately get more snaps to showcase his talent. Wilson will get more carries as well. Hopefully he will hold on to the ball a bit better. The dark horse is Castle. He has the talent to play and contribute as a freshman. With Okafor coming in 08's class there is no sense in redshirting someone who can see the field. We have so much talent at running back it's sick. We haven't had this much talent running the ball for years.

No offense but after today no one is set in stone to come here anymore.......(in regards to Okafor in 08) With that I agree that Lucky will have his time to shine this year. Don't forget about Prince and a bruiser we already have in Glenn. Don't make me get Hack to bust out some "Fresh Prince of Lincoln"!

Lucky and Glenn were both banged up the whole year... As a matter of fact, I remember seeing a coach callahan show where cally praised Lucky for his toughness and ability to play through injuries. Glenn is indecisive in the hole, runs too high up and lets people get at his feet, has shown zero pass catching ability and what will ultimately keep him from ever being as good as a bjax/lucky, can not make people miss in the open field. Its nice to be able to run people over, but doing that slows you down and lets the defense catch up. Even Jerome Bettis could make a cb miss in the open field on a swing pass. Lucky can run though tackles, maybe not quite as well as Glenn, but Lucky can also do more than run through tackles.

StuckinChicago

Thats just retarded. Glenn was talked about during spring and through out the year for running with his pads down...You must not pay enough attention. The only reason people "get at his feet"...is they only go for his feet...no one wants to go up on Glenn. And I really hate that you say he has zero pass catching ability...HOW MANY PASSES HAVE BEEN THROWN to him? Get a clue...he is either a decoy or runs up the middle.

If people are going to down him for not catching the ball...throw him one and let him miss it first. Also...not being able to "make people miss"...how difficult is it when 9 people on the field watch u come in the game and load the box...AND STILL has higher YPC.

Come up with more to say next time...and try being right.

Thats just retarded. Glenn was talked about during spring and through out the year for running with his pads down...You must not pay enough attention. The only reason people "get at his feet"...is they only go for his feet...no one wants to go up on Glenn. And I really hate that you say he has zero pass catching ability...HOW MANY PASSES HAVE BEEN THROWN to him? Get a clue...he is either a decoy or runs up the middle.

If people are going to down him for not catching the ball...throw him one and let him miss it first. Also...not being able to "make people miss"...how difficult is it when 9 people on the field watch u come in the game and load the box...AND STILL has higher YPC.

:yeah