Starting QB

1. Keller is the starter next year.

2. Ganz will never start here unless injury depletion

3. If Keller gets hurt before next season Lee will start

4. If Keller gets hurt during the season and we are in the middle of a championship run Lee will come out of redshirt and start

5. Ganz starts only if we are struggling as a team and a championship is out of the question and Keller gets hurt

I don't know about number 5. BC burned Beck's redshirt for one quarter of play against KSU when we had no chance at a championship so I don't think he would think twice about burning another one if an injury came up.

Does anyone really buy the argument that there will be competition to determine the starting QB next season? Seems to me that everyone has been pointing to Sam Keller since day one.

i think if zac lee gets healthy enough he might be able to get a good number of first team snaps but Keller is the best we got, Patrick Witt will probably red shirt but give lee a run for his money in two years, all in all we have three capable quarterbacks to start plus a fine fourth string (Ganz)

It's kind of a sad state of affairs when everyone expects a guy that has never even thrown a pass at Nebraska to be the starter and has had a year off. For this guy to do much the rest of the team will need to be very very good. It could be a long year just to start over with yet another green QB in 08.

It's kind of a sad state of affairs when everyone expects a guy that has never even thrown a pass at Nebraska to be the starter and has had a year off. For this guy to do much the rest of the team will need to be very very good. It could be a long year just to start over with yet another green QB in 08.

Keller has started vs. some of the top competition in the country. He may have had a year off, but he is coming into a situation MUCH better than ZT came into his first year, our line was terrible, receivers sub par and running game non-existant. Plus he has a lot more time here than ZT had his first year. There is NO reason at all to expect him to do any worse than Taylor did his first year..... and many reasons to think he might actually be better than Taylor was last year.

I am not handing him the starting spot, but he has pretty much taken it.... only way he gives it up is with bad personal decisions. I am sure he has had some people in his ear now that his turn is getting closer that if he gets booted off the team now he might miss a chance at the nfl...

My greatest fear is about Keller getting lazy. So heres to Keller busting his balls to get even better going into the season, I just don't want him to feel like he has no competition so he can give 75%

The thing with Keller though, from what it sounds, is that he ran the offense quite well on the scout team against our Blackshirts. Hopefully he lights a fire under the receivers @$$es and they quit dropping balls.
I have heard that he is quite a different leader than Taylor is. I believe Taylor got a little harder on the guys as his career wore on, though.

Even our beloved Blackshirts have admitted that Keller torched them in practice. If you read between the lines its as if some of them are flat out saying he is better than Taylor.

Also heard that it was Henry and Brooks that were far and away his favorite Targets in torching the Blackshirts.

I think he will be a stud next year along with the DARK HORSE prediction which is....................................................

WILL HENRY will emerge next year and turn into a national name.

Oooo I like it and I think it makes a lot of sense. I was watching his film again yesterday and he is a freak. The way he runs reminds me of Vince Young with his long strides. His forty time says 4.5 but he may be faster than that, and at 6'6 he is on of maybe three real deep threats next year. Purify, Paul, and Henry all have good speed and height. I think rivals said that the competition at running back was the one to watch but in my opinion its receiver. The more I think about it the more excited I get. We have sooo many weapons, Nunn, Swift, Purify, Holt, Henry, Brooks, Paul, and Hardy, all of whom could step up and break out.

Here is where i see one of the big dilemnas of the upcoming season.

We have so many receivers.

Nunn, Swift, Petersen, Hardy? are all experienced and have time

Purify the best we had last year

Holt, Henry, Brooks, Paul possibly more talented than most if not all of our experienced WR

The problem is who to play. I for one dont like a team running 7-8-9 receivers on the field all the time. I think it led us to some predictable formations. Also i think your best receivers need to be on the field.

The coaches have a tough one here. Swift and Petersen are liked by many many fans but i for one just dont see them being better on a personal level or for the team than Henry and Holt and even maybe Paul.

It is simple athleticism vs trying hard.

If these WR are as good as advertised then i dont think Swift Nunn and Petersen can see the field.

I'd hate to be in the coaches shoes on this one

I want something like the other teams with great WR Jarrett sat a few plays and so did Smith but both were generally on the field every play for USC and they ran 2-3 more in at times based on formations etc.

I couldnt agree more. I think they should pick the best four and play them the whole game except during blowouts obviously. In my opinion I think the top four will be Purify, Nunn, Holt, and Brooks. I know many people dont like Nunn and he does drop a lot of passes but I just dont see him not playing. He is a senior and has been seeing extensive playing time since his freshman year. One thing I dont understand was it was so important to get a speed receiver they could put in the slot for this years class. If it is so important then why wouldnt they utilize hardys speed more often. It is clear judging from the kansas game that he is a burner. Why dont they throw at least some of those bubble screens that usc runs to keep pressure of the qb? Just something that I dont understand.

give me a slower, shorter reciever with hands of glue that runs crisp routes over a fast, lazy route runner any day.

any body remember Steve Largent? not the fastest, nor the tallest, but ran great routes and caught almost everything that touched his hands. Where is he now???????????

NFL Hall of Fame

husker rob,

I hear ya, but BITE YOUR TONGUE, please dont tell me you are mentioning swift and petersen in the same sentence even same paragraph as Steve Largent.

Purify is the real deal he should play

how do you know that Henry, Brooks, Holt, and Paul are fast lazy route runners? You don't!

All we are saying is this; if they are as talented as they are supposed to be then fast lazy route runners they wont be. if they are what we think they are then they should play.

If they turn out to be what we think then swift and petersen should not play. You cant tell me you would rather have them in the game if they are not as talented as the others

And finally, not a chance in hell that swift or petersen is remotely close to Largent, not in the same book. There isnt any comparison here.

This is one of the furthest stretches of the imagination if seen in a long time