Scott Frost

np_husker

I wish Scott Frost the very best with his new position at UNI. I hope he gains experience with various programs and then returns to Husker Nation one day as our head coach.

This in no way is a knock against Callahan. I hope Callahan has a great career at NU and wins several championships, but one day I would love to see Frost on our sideline. He has always been one of my favorite Huskers.

I hope he does well. I am glad he is no longer with K-State. That never sat well with me. I know you have to start some place but come on. What is he actually going to coach at UNI? DB's?

As far as him coming back one day to be HC I can't see that ever getting done. Like it or not he was one of the most disliked players while at NU. He was treated just as bad as Lord was and as bad as people around here treat Grixby. Maybe I'm wrong but who knows.

He would probably just turn his back on NU and go somewhere that would better prepare him for the NFL..........................Wait he did that already when he went to Stanford. Nevermind.

I hope he does well. I am glad he is no longer with K-State. That never sat well with me. I know you have to start some place but come on. What is he actually going to coach at UNI? DB's?

As far as him coming back one day to be HC I can't see that ever getting done. Like it or not he was one of the most disliked players while at NU. He was treated just as bad as Lord was and as bad as people around here treat Grixby. Maybe I'm wrong but who knows.

He would probably just turn his back on NU and go somewhere that would better prepare him for the NFL..........................Wait he did that already when he went to Stanford. Nevermind.

Haha I liked watching frost play quite a lot. Sure, getting shut out by ASU was definitely uncool, he picked himself up and became quite popular... well... I thought so, anyway. I Guess I wasn't on line talking about these things back then. Yeah, he was disliked his first year (and who wouldn't be following Tommie??), but after he flattened some linebackers... well... I think he won our hearts. I would like to see him back coaching (not necessarily HC), too... unless he sucks... then they should fire him ;)

Good for Scott, but I will never understand the fascination of a former player coming back to be a head coach or the assumption that he'd be a good head coach. Other than it'd make a feel good article in the Sunday OWH.

It remains to be seen whether or not he'd be a good head coach. However, I do know for fact that he was one of the smartest players ever to play here at NU. In order to be a good coach, I do think intelligence is very important. Also, he comes from a line of coaching heritage. His dad was his high school coach along with his mom. His dad's win/loss percentage was outstanding in high school football. He's been in the Bill Walsh offensive system. He played defense in the NFL. I defnitely think he has a pretty decent resume considering he's only 31 or 32.

Some could say that his campaiging helped us win the national title in 97.

Yes, he certainly saved the Coaches from making the same bone-headed mistake the media did. Apparently to some media members, barely beating a team led by Ryan Leaf was more impressive than pasting a team led by Peyton Manning and Jamal Lewis.