Who isn't going to live up to the hype?

Okay, this is just for fun, but i see that we have all of these saviors coming in next year, so I'm wondering if anyone has any (fun) speculation about who *won't* live up to the hype. I'm going to think about it while I'm in class doodling today and see if I can think of anything entertaining to say. Have fun, don't hate (it's valentine's day FFS!)... hell... talk about who will live up to all of the hype in the world... that's fine, too... It's just that all of the super duper player hype is cracking me up.

It's just that all of the super duper player hype is cracking me up.

It should because it's mostly comical.

It happens every year. There's all this hype surrounding the new guys, and somehow they don't get 40 INT's and 50 sacks or throw for 5000 yards and people start talking about how they didn't live up to the hype.

Armando Murillo

Some think he is going to walk right in, start, and be a shut down corner, somehow supplanting a 3 year starter and a guy that was more heralded last year that was also a starter. Asante definitely has more hype, but I think we will see his playmaking potential moreso.

I was going to mention all three of the previous guys. Paul could possibly redshirt if he is not head and shoulders above all the other recievers. We have pretty much all of them back as well as Brooks, Holt and Henry who all have been working with Keller every day on the scout team.

Murrilo might have a tough time as he would have to jump two guys that have starting experience in front of him. I can just picture the threads now complaining how Murrilo is a bust because he can't beat out Grixby or that Callahan won't play the best players.

I think that Asante will be a starter but his impact might not show up in the stats columns quite as much as what some people think it should. I don't see him getting 10 interceptions or getting many sacks from blitzing and I pray to god that a safety is not our leading tackler next year.

Our system is by itself a HUGE factor in keeping freshmen and other first year players from being "THE MAN". is it possible yes, unlikely though. It is hard to say which players will or will not have a break out year this year, but I expect a number of these new guys to contribute if by nothing else than by pushing the veterans and making them better.

GBR

Something that might help this class contribute faster than say the class of Lucky, Glenn, and Beck is the fact that they will have upper classman there that know the offense and can teach them some of the small stuff to help them along. Lucky, BJax and Co. didn't have that as everything was new to all of the players not just the newcomers. That doesn't mean that they are going to contribute right away, but that could help them out as far as the learning curve is concerned.

Something that might help this class contribute faster than say the class of Lucky, Glenn, and Beck is the fact that they will have upper classman there that know the offense and can teach them some of the small stuff to help them along. Lucky, BJax and Co. didn't have that as everything was new to all of the players not just the newcomers. That doesn't mean that they are going to contribute right away, but that could help them out as far as the learning curve is concerned.

That is a very good point.

At this point, I sure dislike already "criticizing" our incoming class....these kids have the opportunity to read this board, and I am thrilled that each of these guys chose to come to NU.... I welcome them...... and I would hate for one of these players to read on this board that someone thinks that they will be "a bust" or that they are "over-rated"........talk about a "downer" for a kid that is excited to be a husker....

I think the biggest bust will be Harrison Beck, Rodney Picou, Leon Jackson, and Heath Schuler....