pederson out

Seriously, go read "Diary of a Husker." If anything the people we have in charge now are more demanding and demand more integrity of their players than did those in the past. On Callahan's team, you are kicked off when you f#*k up. You arent given a free pass, you arent suspended for awhile, you are gone. That applies to staff as well as players. Throat slash? seriously? What the hell do you think the Bobfather was yelling at the opposing coaches/players/referees that we dont know about because of there not being any TV? A fiery Irishman like that could probably string out a few phrases that would make you turn green in the face grandpa. If anything, it is the lack of transparancy that that makes it seem more like the world is a worse place to live in, and nothing is as good as it was. Find me an honest and open AD, and I will find you an unemployed one. Who the hell is gonna donate to a program that endorses Frank Solich, who may or may not have had indiscretions involving female employees in the workplace.

So giving the throat slash demands more intgrity. That's an interesting philosophy. What about f%cking hillbillies. Does that require more integrity? Damn, we must be the dumbest team in America. Oh well, one game, one season.

We can all make assumptions on what Bob may have been yelling on the field, but without proof no one knows.

The one thing I don't like about the whole situation and it's been beat to death for quite some time is how separated we fans are now. We have one side who can see no wrong with what's going on, and we have one side who sees everything as being wrong that is going on now. Husker Nation is more divided than I have ever seen.

Good words, Junior.

The seperation does exist and it worries me a bit. I think the older generation is concerned about character. We give them the benefit of the doubt on that but sometimes their actions speak differently. They most likely have it but it hides behind things like "throat slashing", "zipped lip" and "untouchable security" measures, it all has us on edge. We understand things are going to be different than Dr. Tom, but it doesn't necessarily have to be, especially to this extent. I keep going back to the thread within this sight of people that yearn for the NU / OU annual rivalry to come back. Callahan understood "notta" on the wonderful history of that series and proved it with his actions to those fine people. I don't believe we really had hope for that anyway as they have their rival and it never was us, but we sure don't have a chance at renewing such a magnanimous game like that now. I'm afraid, as well as others, that BC is burning alot of bridges that could haunt us after he's gone. I believe that will happen. If an NFL team comes calling, he'll be gone so quick that the phone call will come from the airplane on his way there. Soul searching during periods of subpar NU seasons(anything less than 12 wins), will always happen. Maybe this discussion is good for Husker Nation.

My Christ.

First of all thanks for saying that the "older generation" is the only one concered about character. Why not just tell us all to pull our pants up, get a haircut and wear our hats like ballplayers while you're at it. Your sweeping generaliztions of why this program is crumbling at the seams is borderline insulting.

You do not like tight lipped depts. and coaches. Welcome to sports in the 21st century. This very technology that you are bloviating on is one of the alpha reasons why every successful coach is damn quiet pretty robotic in the press conferences. Its because the very nanosecond something comes out of thier mouth, its on ESPNEWS, these message boards and on recruits text messages by thier direct competitors. College football is a business. Nebraska football is big business. Surely there are propietary emails bandied about in your corporation where you work. (and if you say no, you aren't privvy to them.) Go watch Tiger Woods speak. Or Pete Carroll. Or Urban Meyer. Any of these people dynamic speakers? No, the only entertaining, open coaches are SPurrier, John L Smith, Bob Huggins, Bob Knight and anyone else who are in exile watching their respective game pass them by.

You want the NU/OU rivalry to come back becuase it was magnaminous. Man, I think revisionist history is coming into play there. I seriously doubt that for all those years, the respective students and fans just stod quietly in the stands with thier scarves up over thier necks yelling "boola boola" and then joined for a rousing mixer afterwards. I know better and so do you. Besides, these schools played each other for the past three years and for the majority of fans, it was amicable. I know you are almost breaking your fingers to refer to the "throatslash hillbilly" gestures, but really, aren't those two things really just a product of 24/7 coverage and hype?

Please tell me exactly where these bridges are being burnt. Callahan, like it or not, has the authority to hire and fire whomever he wants with zero consequence from you. Keeping people in the system becuase they have been in the system is a great way to wreck the system. And you have zero proof that BC would take a NFL job if it came calling. Zero.

And no, I have not been in favor of everything Callahan and Pederson have done. That can be found with a simple search of my posts. In fact, I would even say that this team underachived a touch last year. I do believe that 07 will be a watershed, and I am waiting to see what this team can do. As for the AD, well you think he's arrogant and shady. Having been around a few AD's in my life, guess what, they're all arrogant and shady. Its in their job description. They work in chrage of a powerful machine that generates millions of dollars. They didn't get that job by being shy, incompetent and being honest about it.

You say that a subpar Husker season is less than 12 wins. I guarantee you that if this wins that many this year, you will fall over everyone else to embrace it and forget that it might have been done without telling you why some people got kicked off the team in Feb.

:thumbs

The Atheletic department gets exactly 0 dollars of your hard earned taxes, so you can shut the hell up, because you are owed nothing beyond what you pay for. If you are really that fed up with the program and those that run it, dont bye any liscensed merchandise, tickets, or donate, and put your money somewhere where it really matters, like the global aids fund, and above all, quit bitching about someone that owes nothing to you. Do I wish there was a little more transparancy, yes, but then again, I would want more tranparancy throughout sports in general, not just here. Seriously, look around and open your eyes. 1 in 10 males in this country are gay. Law of averages states that there are around 14 gay guys on the football team. Wanna force them to come out? How many mips are handed out to young adults in this state per year? I bet one in ten AT LEAST have that on the football team. How many people are fired from an office per year for doing some pretty disgusting and inethical things? More than you think. Ask for transparancy if you want, but you are not owed that. It is our constitutional right as Americans to maintain our own privacy, and that extends to AD's and football players as well. Hell, the players dont even get paid, so if anything, you owe them. Start paying up.

damn, spoken like a true far right republican! "keep your mouth shut and if you need to know something we will tell you!" we need a few more ADs, coaches and political leaders like that! :sarcasm

NUpolo8-great post

Bug tooth-anything less than 12 wins is subpar? WTF are you smoking? With that thinkink then TO had how many subpar years? so you are telling me that if NU goes 11-2 this year then that is a sub par year?

Bob Deveny could have a discussion with a group of sailors and they would tell him to watch his mouth because there were truck drivers in the room.

effin hillbillies-for christs sake that is what they are. they are only 1 step above the inbreds from West Virginia mountains and the backwoods of Buttfucky Kentucky.

and as for the throat slash---i am not convinced that he was actually doing that. i still feel that he was telling the ref that "I.....Have.....Had....It....Up....To....Here....With....Your....sh**ty....Officiating"

damn, spoken like a true far right republican! "keep your mouth shut and if you need to know something we will tell you!" we need a few more ADs, coaches and political leaders like that! :sarcasm

I think we need more leaders that jump ship when things get rocky. Or that think they know more then the people doing their jobs. Or that complain about everything that they have no control over. Or think they have a right to know about everything that goes on everywhere. :sarcasm

Pud, Callahan, Coz, and all the other Football staff, change = Bad :madash:nanalama:ahhhhhhhh

and as for the throat slash---i am not convinced that he was actually doing that. i still feel that he was telling the ref that "I.....Have.....Had....It....Up....To....Here....With....Your....sh**ty....Officiating"

That's what they want you to believe you kool-aid drinking, sunshine pumping sheep. ;)

Troat slash and calling OU people hillbillies is the end of the world but "Super" Bo cursing and running after Snyder is just showing passion. <_<

Less than 12 wins = subpar, eh

Well, in that case Franklin had exactly one "par" year as his best year was 12 wins (1999)

In fact, lets look at another coach, you may know him: Tom Osborne. I'll even take your number "12" down to 11 because they play an extra game now. So the number of years TO had years that weren't "subpar" is 5!!!!! That's right ladies and gentlemen, TO had 20 subpar years according to Bug Tooth. It took him until 1982 (10 years!!!!) to win more than 10 games. I'll bet you wished we would have chased that bum off before then, huh. And please don't come back with, "well, he never won less than 9 games, blah, blah." When TO took over, we had just won back to back national championships. When Solich took over we had just won 3 of 4 national championships. When Callahan took over we had went 17- 10 in the past two season. Not exactly the same situations is it.

It's been awhile since the "concerned, smarter, older," continent fired off a rebuttal. Matlock must be on.

no the grandkids were away and they just got back to show "pops" how to use the computer again. he was trying to get his posts on with a manual typewriter. i hate it when that one letter skips all of the time

Old is a frame of mind kids. Remember that.

Very few on this board are in as good of shape as I am and I am 63.

Still run three miles every single morning under 27 minutes, which still qualifies on the PFT in the Marine Corps. Ride my mountain bike over 100 miles weekly and road bike over 75. Normally do 30 to 40 mile on the mountain bike on weekends.

Oh well had to get that off my chest, you kids were starting to get to me on this old crap. Yea I was around before Devaney and I know just how firey he was. That's one of the things I like about BC. I hate this politically correct crap ($hit) see I even do it. Free country say what you want period. WE are losing the rights that a lot of people died for just to be PC.

Still run three miles every single morning under 27 minutes, which still qualifies on the PFT in the Marine Corps. Ride my mountain bike over 100 miles weekly and road bike over 75. Normally do 30 to 40 mile on the mountain bike on weekends.

Oh well had to get that off my chest, you kids were starting to get to me on this old crap. Yea I was around before Devaney and I know just how firey he was. That's one of the things I like about BC. I hate this politically correct crap ($hit) see I even do it. Free country say what you want period. WE are losing the rights that a lot of people died for just to be PC.

:worship:yeah:worship

skersfan

what can i say?

you are da man!

when i get to the age of 63 i hope that i will be able to drive my car 100 miles a week, let alone ride ride a bike like that. years in the Infantry have worked its wonders on the knees.

and if you know what the standards are for the USMC PFT then you have served a day or 2 in the Corps, and for that I thank you for your service!!!!!!!!!!

Good words, Junior.

The seperation does exist and it worries me a bit. I think the older generation is concerned about character. We give them the benefit of the doubt on that but sometimes their actions speak differently. They most likely have it but it hides behind things like "throat slashing", "zipped lip" and "untouchable security" measures, it all has us on edge. We understand things are going to be different than Dr. Tom, but it doesn't necessarily have to be, especially to this extent. I keep going back to the thread within this sight of people that yearn for the NU / OU annual rivalry to come back. Callahan understood "notta" on the wonderful history of that series and proved it with his actions to those fine people. I don't believe we really had hope for that anyway as they have their rival and it never was us, but we sure don't have a chance at renewing such a magnanimous game like that now. I'm afraid, as well as others, that BC is burning alot of bridges that could haunt us after he's gone. I believe that will happen. If an NFL team comes calling, he'll be gone so quick that the phone call will come from the airplane on his way there. Soul searching during periods of subpar NU seasons(anything less than 12 wins), will always happen. Maybe this discussion is good for Husker Nation.

YOU are the $hit in the ice cream.