pederson out

I think Pederson should be fired from his position as athletic director and be downgraded to janitor, he has been destroying husker nation since he took over, his contract expires in Jan of 08 but he should be fired before that, I don't know the rules and their might be a penatly or something if we do fire him I dont know, but many donors are withdrawing, I still remember when I was at a b-ball game and he was on the jumbo-tron and everyone in the Devany was booing,Pederson better resign or get fired before he completly destroys husker nation :steam:bang

That's "Husker Nation"... trademarked and implemented in 2003 by Steve Pederson.

I am pretty sure that's the funniest part of this thread.

I'm not a fan of Stevie P but I agree that many of the changes Shatel are griping about are for the best for reasons of security and safety. Shatel was on 1620 earlier but I missed it. Kevin Kuglar did mention that Stevie P did call the editor of the World Herald to vent his displeasure over the article. Then Stevie P was on KFAB and stated that many of the changes were made within the last 9 months to protect the female athletes and female employees.

Was there an incident that we don't know about? Or were they being proactive?

Wow, there is possibly a GUD EXPLUNASHUN FER DIS?!?!?1 It's not just the Pedey/Cally ugly 2 headed monster trying to be big meanies!!11111!11 Who would have ever thought. I'm sure Porky the Sportswriter has something else to try and spin.

Maybe you could provide some proof when you say, "many donors are withdrawing." And why is Husker Nation being destroyed? Like DaveH said, Pederson came up with the whole "Husker Nation" idea. I can't say Husker Nation is destroyed when we are enjoying some of the most positive off-season buzz about our football team since 2001, we have a National Championship in one sport, both of our basketball programs are on their way up , and the baseball team looks great yet again. Yeah Husker Nation is in tatters.

This guy has the right idea. :thumbs

I know Mr. Pederson personally. I have met with him several times. I am not a fan of his tactics or how he handles things. But he gets the job done. That is all that is important. He returned Pittsburgh to national level in football and basketball. I think he is doing the same here.

Likeing him and respecting him are two different things.

Give him time, he really has done nothing wrong, just the way he does things pisses people off. I would not walk accross a room to talk to him, but I do understand he has one of the toughest jobs and he does give it his all. The program is in good hands, with great vision.

I don't know him nor want to. I don't think he's the right guy for the job regardless of what he does on the job. But I am NOT on the "fire" bandwagon as it's none of my business

I may be way out of touch with the times but I just don't think NU athletics, primarily football should be run as a large corporation.

I grew acustomed as many of you have at the openesss and family like atmosphere NU football used to be.

Were not Pepsi or GM.

NU football means so much to so many people that have never lived or even attended NU.

I meet people all the time that are HUGE NU fans because of the blue collar heartland America values.

NU football used to be based on the values and ethics most people could associate in some way with their own life. Schools like Miami on the other hand no.

I am not saying that the football program is scandalized by no means but there is just something about the program now that just doesn't feel the same.

For me the "old" feeling was family like and I difinitely don't feel that anymore.

:frenchy about the donors, i heard that on 1620, i dont know why u all are attacking me, I read half of you talk about pederson but when i said something no Pederson is the best ad in the nation

First of all, I'm not a grammar nazi by any means, but a period would be nice.

Secondly, get off this "Stop attacking me, I heard other people saying bad stuff about Pederson so it's ok when I do it." You aren't just questioning Steve, you think he should be fired and that he has "ruined Husker Nation." You are at the far end of the spectrum and you could probably argue I'm at the other end. However, there are things Steve has done that I don't completely agree with, but he has done nothing to warrent being fired and the whole "destroying Husker Nation" thing is just plain silly. Don't play the victim when you start a thread attacking someone you seem to know very little about in the first place. And just a little fyi, if 1620 is the main source of your information regarding the Nebraska Football program, I feel very sorry for you.

(P.S. as others have noted the most ironic part of this all is that you are using a graphic "Husker Nation" SP himself created as your avatar.)

And just a little fyi, if 1620 is the main source of your information regarding the Nebraska Football program, I feel very sorry for you.

What Kugler and MikeL ( :asshat ) are good sources? Kugler has an axe to grind with Pud because of his hug buddy Bishop and MikeL is a tool.

Back to the subject.......asked the 5000 fans that can now go to games thinks to Pud's work if he should be fired or not.

Not saying he should be fired here, but I know several people that work in the athletic department and also know people that work for University Foundations and they all say he is one of biggest liars there are. And he is a big reason several former football players and other athletes (Dominic Raiola, Mike Brown, Chad and Chris Kelsey, Darin Erstad) would rather see a Taliban rebel as the AD instead of him. In addition to the athletes he has seemed to anger, there are many big donors (the guy that owns the Arizona Diamondbacks, for one), that have VERY DEEP pockets but will not spend a dime to help SP's cause. I guess you can read into that as being disrespectful to NU, but when he's the man extending his hand for the money and they're unwilling to give a dime, that says a lot. He's also over-stated what has been raised on the fund-raising drive and the program hasn't raised close to what he said it has.

I think he has done good things with the program but I don't like how he does some of the things he does. Personnel decisions he has made have seemed to be good but not great---our football team has yet to make a BCS bowl, our basketball team isn't going to the tournament again and our baseball team is still as strong as the one Byrne helped resurrect. I don't know if we'll ever compete with Kansas or Texas in basketball, but a strong showing by the football team could put a lot of people on the SP bandwagon.

Didn't the Erstads give the university over a million dollars for the new facilities?

Ken Kendrick owns the Diamondbacks. He's a WVU grad from what I can tell. I wonder how he got interested in giving NU money?

What kind of lies has he told? I'm curious to know..

Didn't the Erstads give the university over a million dollars for the new facilities?

Ken Kendrick owns the Diamondbacks. He's a WVU grad from what I can tell. I wonder how he got interested in giving NU money?

What kind of lies has he told? I'm curious to know..

We will not surrender the Big 12 to Texas and Oklahoma.

We will not accept mediocrity.

Not saying he should be fired here, but I know several people that work in the athletic department and also know people that work for University Foundations and they all say he is one of biggest liars there are. And he is a big reason several former football players and other athletes (Dominic Raiola, Mike Brown, Chad and Chris Kelsey, Darin Erstad) would rather see a Taliban rebel as the AD instead of him. In addition to the athletes he has seemed to anger, there are many big donors (the guy that owns the Arizona Diamondbacks, for one), that have VERY DEEP pockets but will not spend a dime to help SP's cause. I guess you can read into that as being disrespectful to NU, but when he's the man extending his hand for the money and they're unwilling to give a dime, that says a lot. He's also over-stated what has been raised on the fund-raising drive and the program hasn't raised close to what he said it has.

I think he has done good things with the program but I don't like how he does some of the things he does. Personnel decisions he has made have seemed to be good but not great---our football team has yet to make a BCS bowl, our basketball team isn't going to the tournament again and our baseball team is still as strong as the one Byrne helped resurrect. I don't know if we'll ever compete with Kansas or Texas in basketball, but a strong showing by the football team could put a lot of people on the SP bandwagon.

I agree with most of what you say. The lies Steve has told are numerous and well documented. There is a huge reason why he should be fired. While the new football complex is great, it was poorly funded and the majority of the big donors are withholding money because they don't trust the guy. The athletic department is in the red because of his poor people skills which has led the project to be underfunded.

As for everyone patting him on the back about everything he has done, the football team finished worse than it did with Solich, Yori, Anderson, and Cook were all Byrne's hires, and he never would have hired Doc if Collier didn't quit. With Byrne NU used to fight Texas for the Big 12 all sports cup and now we are lucky to finish higher than 4th. He really deserves no credit.

We will not surrender the Big 12 to Texas and Oklahoma.

We will not accept mediocrity.

Those aren't lies.

By saying those are lies, you are saying he really meant that we would surrender to Texas and Oklahoma and that we would accept mediocrity. Like there is some secret deviant plan to run the athletic department into the deeper into the ground.

I'm not saying I like the guy, I am just saying there is a lot of crap talked about him. Some deserved, some is quite the stretch. Such as what you posted.