pederson out

Not saying BC is another Tom Osborne, but he appears to run a cleaner ship. Holds the kids feet to the fire and is filling the empty cupboards. Sit back and enjoy the ride, be it rough or smooth.

How can you even compare Bill Callahan to Tom Osborne? He doesn't deserve to be used in the same sentence as TO unless you are saying "Tom Osborne was a way better coach than Bill Callahan".

How old are you Husker Dude? Do you have any first hand knowledge about the program when Tom took over? Did you follow all of his games, until he finally and I mean finally won a NC. People like you would have had him fired long before he reached them trust me. 24 years it took him to win following a back to back NC series. Not very good if you go by your standards of today.

Again read the comment.

I said I was not comparing BC to Tom Osborne. I said he runs a clearner program, makes the kids work or hit the door and recruits national level talent. Those are facts. If it plays out he ends up being a bust or a sucess he will certainly have helped the image of the program.

When he took over, most media had us going down for a long time. No talent, and no way to recruit National talent. Ranking consistently in the 40's.

He may be the guy, he may not. But he has accomplished more than most would have. He had a huge job to turn this sucker around, I think he is about half way there. Still a lot of work to do and I think a lot of learning on the college level. But he works at it every single day according to some friends of mine. He basically lives in his office. He understands the responsiblity he has and what some of you expect.

NUpolo8-great post

and as for the throat slash---i am not convinced that he was actually doing that. i still feel that he was telling the ref that "I.....Have.....Had....It....Up....To....Here....With....Your....sh**ty....Officiating"

:yeah

Anyone with half a brain knows what he was implying and it had nothing to do with threatening the Ref. I cringe every time I see some one use the THROAT SLASHING as a reason for part of their argument. Put it to rest.

GBR!!!

How old are you Husker Dude? Do you have any first hand knowledge about the program when Tom took over? Did you follow all of his games, until he finally and I mean finally won a NC. People like you would have had him fired long before he reached them trust me. 24 years it took him to win following a back to back NC series. Not very good if you go by your standards of today.

I know that TO didn't bring the Huskers to greatness until the 80's and 90's. He only won 9 games a year most years when he first started coaching. But what you didn't see with TO was losing records, getting blown out (70-10), and stupid things like "f**kin hillbillies" and the "throat slashing gesture"(I still think that that was blown out of proportion). Callahan is still not as good as TO was in the 70's.

This thread is very compelling. It has some very valid points and some absolutely ignorant ideas.

BC vs TO is about the most stupid comparison to ever be made. The only thing they have in common is that they both coached at NU. Osborne may not have had losing records or missed bowl games but he coached in a different era. Today there is way more parity. TO was and is a legend but he is not here anymore. The one mistake he made was being loyal to Solich. To a man, every assistant coach at NU pleaded with TO to reconsider the Solich thing. It says something when your peers dont believe you should have the job.

Do i miss the old days, the option, the power I, HELL YES. Hoever, times have changed and Pedersen had tough decisions to make. Getting rid of Solich was a must. How can anyone side with Solich, HE TOOK A TEAM THAT WAS LOADED WITH TALENT, HAD WON 3 NC IN 4 YEARS (SHOULD HAVE BEEN 4 IN 5 YEARS) AND TURNED IT INTO $HIT. IVE SAID IT BEFORE AND ILL SAY IT AGAIN. ANY 10 OF US ON THIS BOARD SHOULD HAVE BEEN ABLE TO GO OUT AND RECRUIT WHEN SOLICH TOOK OVER, YET WHEN HE LEFT OUR CUPBOARD WAS SO BARE IT WAS SCARY.

How in the hell can any of you come on here with a straight face and complain that Pedersen is an idiot, that Solich should be here, etc.

What goes on behind the doors of the Athletic Department IS NOT OUR BUSINESS. Cally may not lead us to the promise land, but he damn sure has brought us out of the depths of HADES that Frankie Boy left us in.

What goes on behind the doors of the Athletic Department IS NOT OUR BUSINESS.

Landon,

It's more profound than being not our business. There is nothing we can do about it even if we knew ALL the TRUE facts. So, folks resort to making lots of assumpitons about what really went on and then project upon those baseless assumptions to explain the team's performance. But, all of this is done with the "benefit" of 20/20 hindsight. Since I've not seen anyone on this board be very good at predicting the future, I tend to ignore those who say they would have done things different and then suggest that it would result in great progress for the program. That's all hogwash but it does provide interesting entertainment whilst we wait for the next kick off whistle.

For me, I am content to hope each year, as I have for going on forty years now, as a new batch of red clad KIDS take the field and try their best while directed by a group of older red clad coaches who are also trying the best.

:corndance

I would have given you two points if you would have said "Perry Mason."

Matlock hasn't been around too long.

Would Rockford Files qualify for two points as well, or just one?

You kidding!!! Prime Time A&E, definite 2 points. :bonez

Boo Yea!!! 2 point conversion time, baby!

Frankly, I'm more partial to the serial westerns (Have Gun, Will Travel, Bonanza, etc.) than the serial 'who-dunits'.

To make this message 'on-topic', perhaps we could bring Paladin in to run the AD's office and shoot folks like Shatall (spelled wrong on purpose, thank you) that cause an unjustified fuss?