QB Blaine Gabbert

Harrison Beck led a 2nd half rally for NC St. and will now start against BC. Beck is only a sophmore! Beck completed 17 of 28 passes for 207 yards with two touchdowns on Saturday.

Everyone on the board told me he was a great recruiter. They were right, although I think I was told that Beck wasn't any good anyway.

Lets see, Bill Callahan recruited him and got him to sign with NU. Beck got pissed because he was listed 4th on the depth chart after having problems with some injury and went crying to mommy. Mommy makes some very bad comments to the media about ZT. Beck wanted to come back to Lincoln but decided that mommy's comments would have been to hard to overcome.

You want to blame someone for his leaving, blame his mother.

It is in the past, support the present and enjoy the future, or just just go away

Yep, you're right, Callahan is a fantastic recruiter. Beck has a boat load of talent, but had some growing up to do. If he has done that, I think he will have a solid career at NC State.

Getting commitments from 3 top 5 HS quarterbacks (Beck, Freeman, Gabbert), the #1 JUCO QB (Lee) and a highly underrated (although he had a bunch of offers - Witt) I would say qualifies him as an excellent recruiter.

Add to this 2 top 5 running backs (Lucky, Gray) as well as the #2 "fullback" (Castille) as well as Brandon Jackson (2nd round NFL pick). Not to mention Cody Glenn, who when not injured has proven to be a fantastic RB.

While we're at it lets talk about the OL too (a position that had become a joke at NU) His first year he gets a top 3 tackle (Murtha) who looks to be finally hitting his potential. The next year gets a few gems in DJ Jones and Keith Williams (both who are already on the 2 deep) as well as one of the top JUCO tackles (Nicks). Then he finds two bohemoths out of Arizona in Burkes and Jones. Then, as we well know, this year is looking pretty good with Steinkuhler, Givens, Hoch, and perhaps Robinson.

Yep, all in all I'd say "master recruiter" is a pretty good title for Callahan.

Yep, you're right, Callahan is a fantastic recruiter. Beck has a boat load of talent, but had some growing up to do. If he has done that, I think he will have a solid career at NC State.

Getting commitments from 3 top 5 HS quarterbacks (Beck, Freeman, Gabbert), the #1 JUCO QB (Lee) and a highly underrated (although he had a bunch of offers - Witt) I would say qualifies him as an excellent recruiter.

Add to this 2 top 5 running backs (Lucky, Gray) as well as the #2 "fullback" (Castille) as well as Brandon Jackson (2nd round NFL pick). Not to mention Cody Glenn, who when not injured has proven to be a fantastic RB.

While we're at it lets talk about the OL too (a position that had become a joke at NU) His first year he gets a top 3 tackle (Murtha) who looks to be finally hitting his potential. The next year gets a few gems in DJ Jones and Keith Williams (both who are already on the 2 deep) as well as one of the top JUCO tackles (Nicks). Then he finds two bohemoths out of Arizona in Burkes and Jones. Then, as we well know, this year is looking pretty good with Steinkuhler, Givens, Hoch, and perhaps Robinson.

Yep, all in all I'd say "master recruiter" is a pretty good title for Callahan.

Very nice post, chuckd!

North Carolina State is now ranked __ . They lost to Central Florida. Some people will never get over the past. :rolleyes:

I think I read this in the OWH that he played in his opening game not at 100 percent health-wise and didn't have a memorable game -- something like 8 of 18 for 102 yards. He had something like 88 yards rushing -- not bad. Again, he was playing hurt, so I wouldn't put too much into it. I have been sick and out of commision myself, but if I recall, he did rally his team to victory.

OUCH!

The Longhorns' much-heralded quarterback, Nebraska-bound Blaine Gabbert, was just five of 16 passing for 64 yards and a pair of interceptions before he was benched in favor of his younger brother, Tyler, for the final 8:57 of the game. Tyler Gabbert threw for the Longhorns' lone score of the game, with less than a minute remaining.

OUCH!

09-07-07 The Longhorns' much-heralded quarterback, Nebraska-bound Blaine Gabbert, was just five of 16 passing for 64 yards and a pair of interceptions before he was benched in favor of his younger brother, Tyler, for the final 8:57 of the game. Tyler Gabbert threw for the Longhorns' lone score of the game, with less than a minute remaining.