Callahan gets a little upset

Then the next day Callahan called his Mother and starts to get a little pissy with her! He didn't say if he was going to slash any throats but Travis knew after that exchange he made the right decision for him.

Callahans character.

I also remember a OL out of Oklahoma that committed to us. Half of the state of Oklahoma was placed on suicide watch that day. He turned out allright for us! Went on to play for the Chiefs and has been in 12 straight pro bowls! Hmmm what was his name again?

We were lucky to get Shields. Had Switzer still been around, he'd a been a Sooner. They were going through rough times there which got us over the hump. That was the reason he fled.

Yeah good ole Switzer! :lol:

Switzerousi.jpg

I'm sorry I don't have a photo of Lawrance Phillips beating the crap out of his girlfriend and then dragging her by her hair down the stairs. maybe you can find it at the Lincoln PD. archives.

Hey there "mobilehoma"fan.....I bet I can find 20 stories of Sooner players in trouble over the years. Try again junior!

The same with your program "bugman"

Like anything, I'd take this with a grain of salt. Or if it feeds your despise for the coaches, don't. In 5 years, this story will probably have evolved to something even dumber, like Callahan sending a horses head to the Lewis's abode.

On that note...

I'd be pissed too. That was two big ones from the state of OU in recent history. I suppose he should have said "Oh Travis, that's OK. Blah Blah Blah Blah. I'll just bend over and take it." Gimme a break. With how stories float all the time about negative recruiting, this coach said this, this coach said that I seriously doubt it's in his best interest to pu&&y foot around the subject to please some fans who yearn for the perfect picture of yesteryear they have in their head.

Part of being a man is sticking to your word when you give it. When you go back on it, expect to be called on it.

If you guys wanna talk smack, take it to the Woodshed forum. Otherwise, don't exchange flame bait here.

Can't say that I blame Callahan for getting pissed off. Travis inserted the shoe into his own mouth when he so boldly said that he was done after he made his initial decision, then chose to back out of it. 17 year old kids can't decide what they want for lunch let alone where they want to go to college.

It's water under the bridge in my opinion!

As far as I am concerned, it is water under the bridge as well. Can't win em all.

Ugg. Thanks for the info. BC was mad, the kid probably stretched the truth and I believe Cally probably did get a little hot. Does it really matter? These things happen to every team every year. So does scandal and controversy. We don't need to bring up every bad apple from every team, because we all have skeletons in our closets. Geez, I know its the offseason but put the damn swords away.

I agree Dave, if this is going to go here, take it to the woodshed. Otherwise, thanks for the transcript of the phone conversation.

Folks the issue is Travis Lewis. What the hell does anyone expect. As it has been stated, was Calli supposed to say,"Oh well Travis. We dont have time to recruit anyone else but you have a great life and congrats on being a Sooner"???

YA RIGHT! Get in the real world. !8 year olds can go to Iraq and fight in a war , but that certain person doesnt have the Juevos to let Calli know when he had a change of heart.

Instead he waits until there is no time left and drops it on Callis lap..

Sooner, you can have him. The guy is at least to some extent a flake.

As for the past. Dont come on the regular forums and bait.All members should not fall into this trap aswell. IN THE REGULAR FORUMS.

Take it to the woodshed and let it fly.

I think that even a sooner fan would agree that both programs have had some problems. What the hell school hasnt.

Congrats on the recruit. Win some lose some. Who knows, down the road we might be able to return the favor.

"Man..Who do I sign with?

I hear the Coach at this place is willing to ball out my Mom if you go against him.."

Or would you rather play for someone who shows Class even at the worst times..Someone that wishes you luck and leaves the door open for you in case things don't work out?

I know it's Human Nature to get upset in this case, but you need to think about the next class of recruits.

"Man..Who do I sign with?

I hear the Coach at this place is willing to ball out my Mom if you go against him.."

Or would you rather play for someone who shows Class even at the worst times..Someone that wishes you luck and leaves the door open for you in case things don't work out?

I know it's Human Nature to get upset in this case, but you need to think about the next class of recruits.

Kids might also think that its a whole lot easier to back out of a commitment if they see that a coach doesn't care if they leave or not.

37, do not talk about classy and Travis Lewis together.

Lewis knew his decision for a month leading up until he called Coach Callahan. He didn't make it public, or even to the coaches until Coach Callahan could not recruit anyone else. He stated he was afraid of the backlash from the media and how the coaches would react.

These coaches put in thousands of hours recruiting, don't you think the least you could do is be considerate and tell them ahead of time, if you know your true decision?

In life, you get what you give. When Travis showed his amount of respect for our coaches in how he handled his commitment status, I am glad Coach Callahan called him out on it.

It's just simply a direct slap in the face to not only Coach Callahan, but the entire coaching staff how he handled that situation.

SoonerOLB,

It's not smart to come onto another teams board just to be an idiot. There's really no point to it. I myself am a member on Colorado, Missouri, Kansas State, Oklahoma, Texas, and Texas A&M boards and I never go over to their sites being a tard. It's just pointless. It's a losing battle. A gang of people against 1, or a very few. How many NCAA violations does OU have? 6?

Some of you guys amaze me.

Some guy from Oklahoma comes on here to pull your chain and you swallow it hook line and sinker.

Kids say anything period. You did, I did and so does every other one. What ever works at the time is the story told 99% of the time.

Making comments about our coach on this and that is just another excuse to rag on him/staff. Let the Frippen hillbilly run his mouth, it means squat. Neither he or you nor I know the whole story. Until you do, you really have nothing to say one way or another.

Being an old Marine Corps Recruiter, I understand his frustration. Knowing that he worked a year recruiting this kid, possibly turning others down that could have filled the bill, stopping the search months back, alot of work goes into recruiting, Many hours of research, appointments, parting the water and closing the deal. I am sure he feels he failed the program, not getting that prized recruit hurts, but it hurts more because it is from Oklahoma.

Your only as good as your word. Parents now days seem to forget that. He held is end of the bargain up, he has every right to be upset as everyone of you would be if it happened to you.

But the main thing is, some of you look for any excuse to bag on this staff. If you truly dislike them so much and are looking for them to leave, why don't you step away for awhile. They are here, doing the job they were hired to do. All you are doing is bitching and it really gets old time and time again.

BC may not be politically correct at all times. More power to him. Free country.

Im glad he yelled at his mom. If I backed down on my word to someone, especially on something this important to both parties, you know who the first one to yell at me would be? Not the coach that I disappointed, but my parents. It should never have gotten that far, and I find it amusing that our not so good sooner friend finds it so easy to give the kid a pass, but finds fault in our coach. You got a scared kid with no class, no backbone, and a set of parents who are gonna let him act that way. Personalities like that dont make good football players. Not when everyone else is gonna be just as big, just as fast, and more dedicated than him.