QB Keller cited for disturbing the peace

wow this thread sounds like high school, just like the ASU camp last year. sh#t high school would be too flattering, this sounds like junior high/middle school sh#t.

USC and OU pays their athletes (and gets away with it) and one of our scholarship QB's throws a paper cup at a car, then goes and picks it up, and then throws it into the trash bin, and then gets a minor citation, and everybody freaks out and writes paragraphs about behavior and how we are doomed because keller is a bad apple. :hellloooo

man good thing you guys dont know what else athletes get away with, at UNL and any other university. :dumdum

OK...let me start by saying I hope that Keller is as good as hyped and he shreds D's next year. I also want to say that I've been behind the wheel in a similar situation (Christmas in a Wal-Mart or Target parking lot really brings out the best in people.) But here is my 2-cents...and yes I know it'll get ripped apart by people who maybe don't look at the whole picture.

1) Is it a major crime to bitch someone out in public?

NO - you have the right to say what you want as long as it is not death threats or terroristic. Some people may choose to swear, some may not. We've all felt this way...some just can control their emotions better than others.

:ahhhhhhhh

2) Is it a major crime to throw something at someone?

NO - However I believe that throwing anything at anyone can be considered assault. Also throwing something at personal property can be considered vandalism. Also...if he left the cup it is littering.

:laughpound

3) Was any real harm done?

NO - No major property damage was done. Nobody was hurt. Everyone should move on.

:thumbs

HOWEVER HERE IS THE POINT THAT EVERYONE SEEMS TO BE MISSING...

You (Sam Keller) are likely the MOST WATCHED player in the off-season. In any major college city or any major sport, professional or collegiate,...every move an premeir athlete makes will be judged and scrutinized...especially with the University of Nebraska. YOU KNEW THIS WHEN YOU CAME HERE.

You (Sam Keller) already have a bit of a REPUTATION as a hot-head, or a primadonna. (Whether you like what skersfan has to say or not...we all were talking about this when he came in...and just after losing another head-case in Beck.) The last thing you need is ANY ACTION that will stir the media/news/internet pot.

You (Sam Keller) should be aware of the STEREOTYPE that many fans/students/citizens think that athletes believe they are 'priveleged' or 'entitled' to things...just because they are athletes. This is very true of Nebraska athletes. Examples: 1) Chad Kelsay being drunk and being disorderly and eating people's food at Amigos. I don't care who you are...Husker or not...we'd all call someone acting like that a dick. 2) Desmoines Adams (was it him?) threatening/roughing up a meter maid who was giving him a ticket for parking illegally. Guess what....Husker or not...it's a law, you can't park in certain places. 3) Lawrence Phillips beating up someone, let alone your teammate, for talking to his girlfriend. Guess what...Husker or not...you can't pound someone...it's assault...it's against the law. There is a long line of Huskers that believe that because they have an 'N' on their helmet, jersey, or jacket, that they are for some reason exempt from many of these rules.

The point is...Sam Keller...you are a citizen of the United States and the state of Nebraska. You MUST OBIDE by all the same rules, laws, and guidelines laid before us...that we ALL have to live by. You are also a reasonable human being. So you SHOULD HAVE manners, actions and consideration for others that we all SHOULD have.

Have we all, or at least most of us, broken some of these 'insignificant' rules and laws along the way? Probably. Who knew and did it affect? Us. Maybe some of our immediate family and friends. Did it get spread all over the media? No. Most of us are lucky to be known by 100 people...forget thousands or millions.

BUT YOU MADE THE CHOICE TO STEP INTO THE PUBLIC EYE!

But because YOU CHOSE to be a Husker...You are, and will be until you are gone, under a microscope, with a spotlight on you, and every single person waiting for your next move...be it a smart one or not.

Grow up. Act like a man. Do your job. And watch your step along the way. This is true for everyone...especially for those 'priveleged' people like Husker athletes.

ok, Dad........i got it! It was a mistake for cryin' out loud. Bet you have never done anything regrettable either??

Wow you guys act like because he is a Nebraska Football player he cant live a regular life... This is a everyday thing that anyone could have done. Its not a big deal, Its funny you guys posting this like its a problem are reading way to into it.

I hope he has a temper so he has the balls to yell at the team in the 3rd quater when their playing like sh#t, unlike Zac Taylor probably did.

:yeah:yeah:yeah

Keller's father is posting on another sites free board. And if what he's saying is true, Sam Keller really did nothing wrong. If what his father is saying is accurate a whole lot of people are jumping to conclusions and assuming things that in fact, did not happen. Also there are witnesses. So the truth will come out very shortly.

hEY hAWK..

Any links?

Keller's father is posting on another sites free board. And if what he's saying is true, Sam Keller really did nothing wrong. If what his father is saying is accurate a whole lot of people are jumping to conclusions and assuming things that in fact, did not happen. Also there are witnesses. So the truth will come out very shortly.

Oh, I missed that...what has he been saying, exactly?

I'm really not concerned. He'll get off the charge one way or another.

As long as he doesnt throw any picks against OU in the Championship Game, I dont really care who he yells at.

Ya know...that's kind of true. Some fantastic players are asses in real life (not saying Keller is one of them)...where do you draw the line? I think this is, on the whole, a minor thing compared to Pacman Jones (extreme example) and some of the other characters in the NFL today. It's small enough not to jump to any conclusions, even though it is a little disturbing - I guess we can only wait and see.

Even though we know he's going to get off :P

Ya that is pretty freakin crazy. It is a freakin plastic cup and she shouldnt have stolen his parking spot! For all anyone else knows he was having the worst day to start with and was late for something and reacted in a way that I would be willing to bet most people on here have reacted. Not all of us have thrown a cup but I am sure we have all done something that was brought on by stress.

But see, we're just making excuses for him. That doesn't make it any better or worse, what he did is what he did. I wonder if we would make these excuses if he was just some random student with no football connections.

The e-bay link is awesome, by the way...^__^

hEY hAWK..

Any links?

Sam's father posts on the free HuskersIllustrated site under the handle Keller90. The staff at HI have in the past confirmed it is Sam's father.

I just saw Sam helping a little old lady cross the street earlier this morning. Everyone will focus on the negative stuff that he does but nobody will bring up the good things he does. Wierd.

He helped me to score with that same old lady later on in the day! He is a saint! :o:lol:

If I'm judge and this matter comes before me... I call in both parties. Spank their hands, admonish both parties for wasting the public's resources and the courts time with this drivel, childish behavior. Drop the charges and make both pay court costs. Tell them If they ever appear in court on something of this nature the penalties will be much harsher. Then I'd make em hug, kiss and make up.

Like I said before... We have unsportsmanlike conduct on both sides. Penalties offset and replay down.

There problem solved.

I was also told on another thread, on another board...

"He wears the uniform of the University of Nebraska Cornhuskers. As such, he's held to a higher behavioral standard than much of the rest of society."

This is pure Husker corn. What a crock of bull. Yeah maybe so in the eyes of coaches, university and team... but for me, they have the same standards as you and I. That freaking uniform doesn't make them any better or different than you or I.

No... put on a uniform of any armed forces unit... then you are truely held to a higher standard. Otherwise we are talking about football players.

When Callahan called those OU fans Hillbillies should he of been cited too? Or when he gave ole Fat boy slim shady Steve Useless the throat slash gesture, was a citation warranted? Isn't this the same principle? How about Shatel and Pederson going toe to toe in the papers? Didn't they kind of showed a lack of respect for each other? You can argue all of these things disturbed the peace. It sure disturbed the peace for a ton of Husker backers. All ya gotta do is go to any Husker board to see how many were disturbed.

When that inconsiderate scatterbrain called the keystone kops, they should of told her to stop stealing parking spaces and you won't have these problems. And Sam should know better. His emotions got the best of him. Shyt happens. Still is a fine and carceration warranted? The whole thing is so childish its funny really.

All that is needed here... is apologies by both parties... no harm no foul.

Whats my fav saying again? Oh yeah...

If u don't like the effects... Don't produce the cause.

And that goes for both parties involved.

(Personally I was more offended when the coach made the "its just another game, another season" remark. Now that garnered a disturbing the peace citation... :rollin:woo:rollin)