Swift going to be a forgotten man?

:yeah

I am sure that Mo-purify with his height and vert leap alone are enough to give a corner/safety just the hint of worry. And he can catch

The bottom line is guys: Swift has CONSISTANTLY caught that ball. Is he the most "skilled" or "talented" receiver out there. HELL NO!!! But if Swift had caught that ball against Texas that we fumbled, he would not have lost the ball and we MIGHT have won our first game against a big opponent.

ALSO...

I can go back through the games over the past two years and with the exception of Mo-purify's shinning moments last year he has been our most reliable receiving weapon.

RELIABLE is the key word here.

Yes, the new guys have alot of hype. HELL I am excited as any of you to see them out there scoring some points. But don't sell out a kid who has consistently made plays for a bunch of kids who have never set foot on Tom Oseborn field.

....... anyone remember a kid names .... oh what was his name ... oh yea .... Beck?

We never saw the fruits of all of that rambling.

Swift is a veteran and has shown her can perform. Bottom Line!

Receiving No. Yds TD Long

-----------------------------------

Peterson, Todd 4 105 0 47

Purify, Maurice 4 75 0 36

Swift, Nate 3 70 1 28

Looks to me like the go to guy so far this year is Peterson. Hard to knock the kid though. He has great ups and pretty darn good hands. If this keeps up we won't have 1 game changer....We will have 3! Throw in some of the new guys into that mix and this could make for a very evil receiving corp!

Swift, Nate 3 70 1 28

Looks to me like the go to guy so far this year is Peterson. Hard to knock the kid though. He has great ups and pretty darn good hands. If this keeps up we won't have 1 game changer....We will have 3! Throw in some of the new guys into that mix and this could make for a very evil receiving corp!

According to a very astute poster, Pederson and Swift should not see the field. Apparently catching passes, getting yards and winning games sucks. I was very pleased with those 3 receivers. Frantz Hardy and Terrence Nunn need to get used to the feel of the bench.

Swift will not be forgotten he understands where he needs to be, he's consistent and he's willing to take a hit and make the play. Frantz Hardy on the otherhand is none of those things and in my opinion should never be on the field in meaningful situations. Nunn is serviceable but not always doing the right thing or playing at full speed... the only thing out of the receiving corps I saw today is that the Z's need some help.

Swift, Nate 3 70 1 28

:yeah

They don't have to catch 80 yard bombs to keep the chains moving.

GBR!!!

Did you see the block Swift put on that LB?! He totally leveled him and that is why he is out there on that field. He is physical and you need receivers out there like that to have a successful receiving corps. :thumbs

That had to be one of the biggest hits of the game yesterday. Downfield blocking is crucial for establishing a running game (which we never really saw yesterday) I think Swift is going to make a bigger difference this year then lots are giving him credit for. He seems to do the intangable things that the others don't (ie blocking)

Heck, maybe hes read some of these comments and its lit a fire under his @$$