Ganz

After watching our number one and two QB's in today's Spring game, I would have to give the slight edge to Keller however......was anyone as impressed with Ganz as I was? The man knows the system and executed some great plays with alot of consistancy.

The game is not over yet ( for me watching on tape delay) so I am hoping to see what Witt can do as it does not appear he has had the time he needs to make a throw. Davis...stinks.

Keller will eventually win out, but Ganz will still see the field often. Having 2 good QBs is not a bad thing. One question I have is does this mean Taylor is better than both these guys or has Ganz really stepped up? Because we all assumed Keller is a better QB than Taylor, but Taylor never had to fight off Ganz and Keller is having a hard time doing so. Should BC have opened up a QB competition last year with the QBs instead of handing the job to Taylor? Oh well in the end I know we will be fine with either QB.

Keller will eventually win out, but Ganz will still see the field often. Having 2 good QBs is not a bad thing. One question I have is does this mean Taylor is better than both these guys or has Ganz really stepped up? Because we all assumed Keller is a better QB than Taylor, but Taylor never had to fight off Ganz and Keller is having a hard time doing so. Should BC have opened up a QB competition last year with the QBs instead of handing the job to Taylor? Oh well in the end I know we will be fine with either QB.

Remeber, when Taylor came in Ganz had two less years in the system. Taylor caught on quickly - he'd been in the system. That meant that Ganz was always playing catch-up. Keller, conversely, has less time in this particular system than Ganz. Keller's physical abilities are giving him a slight edge, but Ganz now has a better knowledge of the system. Makes for a close race.

Regardless who starts, we have two legitimate quarterbacks - at least. Those sacks won't be causing quite so many "remember to breathe" moments for us fans...

I thought they both looked good as far as running the offense. Keller's throws are crisper but at least Ganz looks like he could take over and the team won't miss a beat. Did Nebraska out scout the rest of the nation on Mendoza he seemed to slip under the radar on all the recruiting boards I saw. "Fastest" player on team and has some good moves on the High School footage I saw linked on here.

Any word on Lucky and Murtha.

GBR!!!

I think Keller will end up getting the starting job because he just has the physical size and attributes that Ganz doesn't have. He looks off the secondary well, released the ball very well, and his pump fake totally caught the secondary off guard. Having said this though Ganz would not make me nervouse for a second if he took over our offense. He is a true product of the system. He knows that playbook inside and out and he can extend a play with his mobility which is very nice. Beau Davis did not impress me at all and I can't really say anything bad about Witt because he just needs more time to develop and he'll be a stud. I was very impressed with our receiving corps and think that is a real strong point of our offense this next season. Was anyone else holding their breath on every tackle of Lucky and Glenn??? When Lucky grabbed his knee I punched my dog!!! :hellloooo

I think Keller will end up getting the starting job because he just has the physical size and attributes that Ganz doesn't have. He looks off the secondary well, released the ball very well, and his pump fake totally caught the secondary off guard. Having said this though Ganz would not make me nervouse for a second if he took over our offense. He is a true product of the system. He knows that playbook inside and out and he can extend a play with his mobility which is very nice. Beau Davis did not impress me at all and I can't really say anything bad about Witt because he just needs more time to develop and he'll be a stud. I was very impressed with our receiving corps and think that is a real strong point of our offense this next season. Was anyone else holding their breath on every tackle of Lucky and Glenn??? When Lucky grabbed his knee I punched my dog!!! :hellloooo

Everytime I saw an injury or a player getting help off the field, it made me cringe. I wish I knew the magic formula for avoiding injuries as some teams seem to have the luck....just not Nebraska.

Witt, IMO, is the most "pure" QB on the team. It didn't help that the line he was playing behind was pretty weak. I would have loved to see Witt behind the #1 line. Witt is going to be AC before his days at NU are through. It sounds as if Gabbert wasn't too comfortable at the game yesterday, and more than likely is MU bound. But with what I saw from Witt yesterday, I am very comfortable with the NU QB situation for the next few years. (Don't forget about Lee, who has been rumored to possibly be the best of the bunch).