54,200??? why not more

i wanted to go to represent the newspaper that i work for, but i wasn't allowed because i'm only an intern...i am just like JD off the first and second seasons of scrubs. except i don't get to have sex with a hot blonde.

Nebraska football vs.....well, you know. i gotta say, it's a tough call, but i'd have to choose.....well, you know.

54,000 is a gross overestimate. I personally counted 12.

I counted 23,528... then out of no where a cup hit me in the head... and I lost count...

That was Nicole's cup - she managed to hop a plane and get to the game, and had a seat a few rows above you. She stood up to cheer and lost her balance on her high-heeled tennis shoes. As she was flailing her arms about to try and regain her balance (didn't work, by the way), her cup flew out of hand.

Just wait until she's a student and attending all the games - it'll be a one-woman CU show...

I cant wait...

I'm just glad we won...

And that Sam Keller wasn't accused of throwing the cup in the stands, (i.e: there were plenty of parking spaces fer yer butts).

Speaking of..

ASU had their spring game on the same night..Free Admission..

The last memory of Arizona State spring practice will be that much work remains.

What began as a rout by the first-team offense, with scores on its first two possessions during the spring game Saturday night, bogged down because of seven turnovers, including five fumbles. The White squad held on for a 20-7 victory in front of 5,250 at Sun Devil Stadium, where thousands of bees were cleared off the south goal post before the game...

(And were not counted?).

I'm just glad we won...

And that Sam Keller wasn't accused of throwing the cup in the stands, (i.e: there were plenty of parking spaces fer yer butts).

Speaking of..

ASU had their spring game on the same night..Free Admission..

The last memory of Arizona State spring practice will be that much work remains.

What began as a rout by the first-team offense, with scores on its first two possessions during the spring game Saturday night, bogged down because of seven turnovers, including five fumbles. The White squad held on for a 20-7 victory in front of 5,250 at Sun Devil Stadium, where thousands of bees were cleared off the south goal post before the game...

(And were not counted?).

:clap:rollin

Only in Nebraska can people complain about only having 55 thousand people to watch a practice.

Yes....and these are the same people who will/do:

1) Complain when Nebraska is not the first team mentioned in a Saturday matchup.

2) Complain when Nebraska is not the lead team on Sportscenter.

3) Complain that Nebraska does not get a 'fair shake' from commentators.

4) Complain that Nebraska is getting 'shafted' when they aren't in the top 10 pre-season.

5) Complain when at least 2 Huskers are not on the Heisman watch-list.

there are alot of teams in our conference that would love to get 54k in the stands for regular season games. Nothing to worru about.

Not exactly an exact/reliable source (wikipedia.com), but here is the listing for stadium MAX Capacities. If NU had...say....56K as has been reported for a scrimmage, they had more than any of these places would if they had a regular season sellout!!!!

Bobby Dodd Stadium at Historic Grant Field 55,000 Atlanta Georgia Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets

Autzen Stadium 53,800 Eugene Oregon Oregon Ducks

Folsom Field 53,750 Boulder Colorado Colorado Buffaloes football

War Memorial Stadium 53,727 Little Rock Arkansas University of Arkansas

Falcon Stadium 52,480 Colorado Springs Colorado Air Force Falcons football

Bill Snyder Family Football Stadium 52,000 Manhattan Kansas Kansas State Wildcats

Byrd Stadium 51,500 College Park Maryland Maryland Terrapins

Sun Bowl Stadium 51,500 El Paso Texas UTEP Miners

Independence Stadium 50,832 Shreveport Louisiana no home team, used for annual Independence Bowl

game

Memorial Stadium 50,180 Bloomington Indiana Indiana Hoosiers football

University of Kansas Memorial Stadium 50,071 Lawrence Kansas Kansas Jayhawks football

Aloha Stadium 50,000 Honolulu Hawaii Hawaii Warriors football

Carrier Dome 50,000 Syracuse New York Syracuse Orange

Floyd Casey Stadium 50,000 Waco Texas Baylor Bears

Jones AT&T Stadium 50,000 Lubbock Texas Texas Tech Red Raiders

Stanford Stadium 50,000 Stanford California Stanford Cardinal

Ryan Field 49,256 Evanston Illinois Northwestern Wildcats football

Jack Trice Stadium 45,814 Ames Iowa Iowa State Cyclones football

Boone Pickens Stadium 44,700 Stillwater Oklahoma Oklahoma State Cowboys

Alumni Stadium 44,500 Newton Massachusetts Boston College Eagles

Amon G. Carter Stadium 44,008 Fort Worth Texas TCU Horned Frogs

Reser Stadium 43,300 Corvallis Oregon Oregon State Beavers football

Dowdy-Ficklen Stadium 43,000 Greenville North Carolina East Carolina Pirates

Papa John's Cardinal Stadium 42,000 Louisville Kentucky Louisville Cardinals

Rutgers Stadium 41,500 Piscataway New Jersey Rutgers Scarlet Knights

Bulldog Stadium 41,031 Fresno California Fresno State Bulldogs

Ladd Peebles Stadium 40,646 Mobile Alabama no home team, used for annual Senior Bowl and GMAC Bowl

games

Rentschler Field 40,000 East Hartford Connecticut Connecticut Huskies

Boone better donate some more oil money so the Okies can have more seats!

I'm going to have to catch the replay on the NFL network because I hear the time Coach Callahan spent in the booth was very insightful and educational.

1620 was saying that Nebraska paid $15000 to have it aired on the NFL network. I would think it should have been the other way around.

It was the first really nice Saturday in some while. There were a ton of things that ppl wanted to do and had a chance to do...(like play golf).

Another reason is many youth baseball and softball leagues started that day.

Finally... check around. We had more ppl than any other school show up for their's.

Yeah, because golf is so much better than even the worst NU practice...let's see if Tiger can get a tee shot off with Ruud charging in on his ass...I don't think so...

I agree with others, I can't see where there was that much more space to fit 25,000+ people...everything was packed except for the top north/south corners...I must've missed something in the stadium...

Only in Nebraska can people complain about only having 55 thousand people to watch a practice.

1) Complain when Nebraska is not the first team mentioned in a Saturday matchup.

4) Complain that Nebraska is getting 'shafted' when they aren't in the top 10 pre-season.

But that's all true! ;)

I mean how could a team that finished outside the top 25 last year, lost its starting qb, top RB and entire starting defensive line not be ranked in the preseason top ten? Clearly a conspiracy by the Eastern media.

But that's all true! ;)

I mean how could a team that finished outside the top 25 last year, lost its starting qb, top RB and entire starting defensive line not be ranked in the preseason top ten? Clearly a conspiracy by the Eastern media.

I dont think we have anyone asking for a top 10 ranking. 21-25 sure, but not top 10. We havnt done anything to prove it yet. But when you look at some of the teams in the preseasons lists, we are at least a match for some of the lower end of the 25 lists.