A spin on MOPURE

How about some perspective people.

A lot of people on this board act like Nebraska has Jerry freaking Rice lining up on the right side and he;s the one who might get kicked off.

Its only Maurice Purify.

He is the guy who had some monster games (Tamu)

But he is also the guy who could not shake a double team off.

Also the guy who put the ball on the ground the first play from scrimmage in the XII game

Also the guy who did a vanishing act and had some stupid penalties in the bowl game.

--Everyone off the ledge. Whatever happens to him happens, and it will not be the end of the world.

Was he ever charged with drunk driving? I heard 'suspision' which means no one will know for sure. Should he have got in a car after a few beers. No. But don't act all high and mighty and think this kid is the spawn of satan based on facts NO ONE KNOWS. Everything has been here-say. Curse me all you want and disagree with me all you want, but I'm going to trust that BC makes the right call based off of more facts than what I've been reading on here.

This guy is a pain in the a$$, one distraction after another. What a waste of talent

Make headlines on the field not off. BC and others have a tough decision to make but look at the last few months.

1. Comes in way over-weight for spring ball

2. Get's arrested in a bar fight

3. Get's arrested for DUI

What's next??

Bottom line is as a student athlete he is held to a higher standard than normal college students are and they should act accordingly. They are in a way getting paid to play football by being given a scholarship to the University. They seem to forget that sometimes and think they deserve to be treated a certain way or get away with some things. I'm sorry, but I think what he has done over the past 5 weeks shows what type of character he has and that is not good enough for Nebraska. <_<

sure he is on scholarship to play football, but lets look on the other side of the spectrum and play what if.

what if johnny superstudent who is on a full academic scholarship, i know i am stretching here but there are some out there, gets arrested at a local bar because someone calls him a nerd. then a month or so goes by and he gets arrested for "suspesion of DWI"

does he have his scholarship taken away? does he get kicked out of school? is he suspended from the academic decathlon team?

why would he be treated any differently than any other student?

i guess we will have to wait and see what BC does and then go from there

sure he is on scholarship to play football, but lets look on the other side of the spectrum and play what if.

what if johnny superstudent who is on a full academic scholarship, i know i am stretching here but there are some out there, gets arrested at a local bar because someone calls him a nerd. then a month or so goes by and he gets arrested for "suspesion of DWI"

does he have his scholarship taken away? does he get kicked out of school? is he suspended from the academic decathlon team?

why would he be treated any differently than any other student?

i guess we will have to wait and see what BC does and then go from there

Yes "average" students can loose their scholarships for such.

Not near the publicity in those cases however

I seem to remember all might god TO playing LP, "their football players, not quire boys".

When Johnny Rogers(I wanna puke when I hear that name) held up a gas station, boys will be boys.

I'm sorry, if you want to win you need certain types of players. If you want a bunch of nice boys you can always root for BYU.

I seem to remember all might god TO playing LP, "their football players, not quire boys".

When Johnny Rogers(I wanna puke when I hear that name) held up a gas station, boys will be boys.

I'm sorry, if you want to win you need certain types of players. If you want a bunch of nice boys you can always root for BYU.

What good does it do to bring up someones name that made a mistake over 30yrs ago and turned his life around. Now LP, I could understand you bringing up. He doesn't seem to get it and looks like he never will. JR on the other hand learned a lesson. Some people for what ever reason think once a thug always a thug. I guess if someone never made a mistake in their lives, they should never give anyone who has a break. I personally think digging up someones past who has dotted all the I's and crossed all the T's since, is a cheap shot at trying to keep a person down the rest of their lives. IMHO.

GBR!!!

Even though the JR name was used in a derogatory mannor, it shows that it is worth taking chances.

I have very mixed emotions on this one. I am glad that we have a coach that runs a tight ship. But I also think he is a fair person. I truly trust BC will do the right thing.

skers, best post yet! BC is the coach, he will have far more facts than we do. I too trust him to make the right decision and whatever that decision is i stand by it. I have full confidence in BC in all respects and trust him to do the right things. If Mo is gone then i trust that BC has a legitimate fallback plan. I trust the players he has brought in and although MO is very good, i almost guarantee we have someone who will be better behind him, this just might give them the chance earlier than expected. I still believe Henry is going to be a stud and if MO is gone then Henry might get his chance a season earlier.