ATH Keelan Johnson

Welcome, Keelan.

Do us proud and rip it up at NU! :woo

hey man, you say he verbaled to NU but you still have 20% odds of being a Husker. I would give him at least 90% for the commitment :lol:

I hear ya...but not sure what the board rule is on this. I tend to leave the odds alone most of the time (i.e. as a snapshot of the initial odds from date thread was started). Then as one reads through the thread you can get your own idea on the odds as time progresses...otherwise people will be changing the odds on the initial post up or down a lot (I have done this a few times but don't plan to make it a habit...I figure Husker fans are smart enough to get a sense of what is going on with a specific recruit ;) ).

Maybe Eric The Red can chime in?

:restore2

Keelan has some wheels. Last year as a sophomore he ran 11.21 in the 100m, and 22.54 in the 200m. linky

That's not that fast, Crouch ran something like a 10.4-10.5 100m.. This is very Solich-like recruiting.

A 4.5 forty for a LB is slow? Your right, all our players should run a 4.3 and have a 4.0 GPA. If you have a hard on for Solich, you could always join an Ohio message board. Just don't poke any one on your way out.

Keelan has some wheels. Last year as a sophomore he ran 11.21 in the 100m, and 22.54 in the 200m. linky

That's not that fast, Crouch ran something like a 10.4-10.5 100m.. This is very Solich-like recruiting.

A 4.5 forty for a LB is slow? Your right, all our players should run a 4.3 and have a 4.0 GPA. If you have a hard on for Solich, you could always join an Ohio message board. Just don't poke any one on your way out.

he actually ran a 4.42 st the NU camp

• 5 months later...

He's been upgraded from soft to solid as far as his verbal...

It's down to us and ASU and he says its about 75% Nebraska and 25% Arizona St... He likes the way the fans look up to the players in Nebraska and wants a change of scenery. The only thing keeping ASU in it I think is the fact it's closer to home.

The world herald article reported him running a 10.7 100 meter dash last year.

A 10.7 is pretty fast. It is true that there are players out there with 10.1-10.2 --- but a 10.7 is very respectable. Also, the 100 meters is almost useless as a gauge for football players. The forty time is not even all that useful. The pro-agility is probably a better measure of football speed --- short burst change of direction, short burst, etc. The pro-agility in the 4.25 or lower range is really nice.

Crouch did run a 10.5 --- and he was certifiably smokin fast. Again, a 10.7 is fast. Did anyone in Nebraska this past year run under a 10.7?

In the latest update on Johnson, he says he is leaning towards staying in-state with ASU. He says he has changed his mind a "million" times and his family wants him to stay home

It says 65/35 in ASU's favor

If momma Johnson wants him to stay I can't blame the kid! I would sure love for him to be a Husker if he feels he will let his family down if in fact he does leave home, then I wish him luck at ASU!