Prince Amukamara moves to RB today?

Foppa

I don't know if I would take this too seriously. Taking a few snaps is nothing. If he's still there before Nevada, then we'll talk.

:yeah

I have a hard time getting worked up about this. Wasn't he recruited to be a running back? Anyways, many RB's miss significant amounts of practice and still start and do well.

The guy's an athlete, no doubt. I'd like to see him on the field at a few positions.

maybe Lucky is hurt worse than we thought, or maybe they are just being cautious to make SURE he is rested and ready for the long haul. maybe they know he will be okay and doesn't need a lot of the reps the new guys do. i know he needs to practice, for sure, but if they're switching freshman around, maybe they're just seeing if new guys can adapt and perform. in other words, the starters are set and they're trying to find some depth.

another good thing to think about is if prince is moving back to RB, the DB situation may be improving to the point they can test players in other positions!! :)

I am actually excited about this move. If PA is as fast and elusive as some say than I think this could be a good move. Having him, Mendoza, and Castille back there the an experienced OL could tend to be dangerous.

Dont for get Helu. I actually think at freshman RB we are fine. The coaches must have seen something .

Just announced on 1620 The Zone...

Prince is taking snaps at RB today...

***SNIP***

Ron Prince has eligibility left?!?!?!?

Sorry - after the "assistants running the bleachers" stuff I couldn't resist...

He may look into eligibility after this year...hear Freeman is kicking ass... :nutz:rollin

What about Mendoza?

:yeah

We brought in so many good running backs with speed and toughness, I'm sure a couple of them can pop in and out of a game till the starters are at full strength. These kids were all stars at their schools and know how to run to a hole in the line, if ones there. They don't know have to learn all the plays, just the ones that will be needed if there called on to run with the first team for a down or two. I doubt if any of them sees a lot of playing time at first.

GBR!!!

The sound byte I heard from Watson yesterday had him referring to Amukamara taking snaps at RB as an experiment. We'll see if it's one that works.

I love the fact that we can have 'experiments'. So much speed, so much athleticism, bring it all on...No doubt Cally will bring the noise...this year, NU will need to be loud.

I can already see what's happening as I'm sure all of you can as well. We are all getting wrapped up in Lucky's injuries and Glenn's injuries and for good reason. However; we have all these guys ready to step up and prove themselves in practice and in game time situations. I for one think we will be fine and our offense will move the ball without a problem. Someone is going to step up to fill the void and we have some time for these guys to get a little more comfortable. :thumbs

I wouldn't expect to see a freshman break out this year at the running back position. Remember, we're not running the option based running attack that we used to. In the WCO, the RB is expected to run pass routes as well as block. Jackson didn't see much playing time until last year because he didn't have the blocking assignments down. I doubt Keller will want to see many/any of the freshman in there when he drops back to pass. They will play, but they won't emerge because I just don't think they'll get the blocking assignments down this year. The guys who have been around the longest will definitely have the edge. I would assume we'll use the freshmen this year like we used Lucky and Glenn when they were freshmen. We'll see them in on some special plays that are somewhat designed around their abilities. I'm guessing they'll see maybe 5 touches per game depending on how the game is going.

I wouldn't expect to see a freshman break out this year at the running back position. Remember, we're not running the option based running attack that we used to. In the WCO, the RB is expected to run pass routes as well as block. Jackson didn't see much playing time until last year because he didn't have the blocking assignments down. I doubt Keller will want to see many/any of the freshman in there when he drops back to pass. They will play, but they won't emerge because I just don't think they'll get the blocking assignments down this year. The guys who have been around the longest will definitely have the edge. I would assume we'll use the freshmen this year like we used Lucky and Glenn when they were freshmen. We'll see them in on some special plays that are somewhat designed around their abilities. I'm guessing they'll see maybe 5 touches per game depending on how the game is going.

could be wrong, but i am thinking at 266, Castille could get in just about anyones's way on their rush to the qb!