DT Corey Adams

husker rob

"I have a teammate who is from Nebraska and he told me I was going to love the trip but said there isn't a whole lot to do there. When I was driving from the airport to Lincoln, I was looking around and there wasn't much there, so I had to laugh a little at that,

thats the state of Nebraska for ya <_<

there isn't ahelluva lot to do in Norman or Stilwater Oklahoma either, but they get some damn good football players. <_<

Rivals (by way of Recruiting Planet) says:

Visiting Columbus for the Penn State game (10/25 night game) and USC in December (12/12?). Has some more info about his Nebraska visit (maybe talking about how awesome the game day atmosphere was) and still has the same top four.

Should I try to give him a Nebraska hat when he's in Columbus?

The guys on Buckeye Planet are saying that if he was amazed by the Nebraska game day, he'll be blown away by Ohio State. I'm thinking if this Penn State game goes as expected, you'll never hear so many people make so little noise.

games at the shoe blow more then jenna jameson.

seems like Ohio St. is front-runner and we really need the best linemen we can get , but if doesn't want to come here to play football, fine... we don't need guys that wanna go to school where there's all kinds of stuff to do .... but damn it'd be nice to land this guy

Ya, but unfortunately landing these types of players on the D-line is what it takes to get you on the upper echelon of college football. It's always been/will be about the D-line.

The sad thing is USC and OSU is shuck full of these guys and from the looks of the kid, he could probably come in next year and play right next to SUH.

One thing I missed about Boo Boo Blake was his ability to recruit. Not his coaching ability. I have a good feeling we have a legit chance with the kid if Blake is here. I think he's the main reason we have SUH. Wish we had a Blake recruiter here on staff, looks like Ekeler is the closest thing we got.

Look, if he wants to be the top story he comes to Nebraska; if he wants to be the story on the back page, well then Phoenix, LA, Columbus are all places with lots of other stuff for people to do when the results on the field get disappointing:

If this was the coming out party for a star, it sure arrived quietly.

Web sites were selling tickets all week at around half the $62 face value. There was a large patch of empty seats in the south end zone, and many other empty seats could be seen around the stadium. The announced attendance figure of 102,989 was Ohio State's smallest home crowd in more than six years -- since a 2002 game against Kent State drew 98,689.

ASU mired in mediocrity

With so many other options available to its fans, ASU has experienced a steady loss in season-ticket holders and overall attendance, dropping from a high-water mark of 70,717, on average, in 1988, to a three-year low of 45,837 in 2002 (with better season ticket sales, attendance rebounded to 54,248 last season).

Not too promising I think:

Bucknuts

Scottsdale (Az.) Saguaro defensive tackle Corey Adams is set to leave early Saturday morning for his official visit to Ohio State. It is a visit that Adams' high school coach says will "tell the tale" in regards to which school Adams' selects. Bucknuts.com has the details on Adams' visit and what the Bucks' chances are of landing the Under Armour All-American.

The latest on Scout talks to his coach who says he thinks its down to ASU, USC and Ohio State.

Pure speculation but...

I think the Nebraska visit may have pushed him towards Ohio State. :bang

He has all kinds of reasons to pick ASU: best friend going there, girlfriend going there, parents near by and with a new coach they are on their way back to dominance. (He figures)

And Ohio State and USC:

Adams said he has family in Ohio, and OSU is a huge program playing for national titles, along with USC. That's what makes the two so enticing.

Anyway he goes to the ASU game and is incredibly underwhelmed by the crowd and the team's play. This is a program that is a long way from being back and with that fan base, it won't be a pleasant ride.

On a lark, he takes a visit to Nebraska and is blown away by the atmosphere. He never knew a college football game could be like this, and the team isn't even that good. So amazing is the visit, he almost adds Nebraska to his list, but then thinks about all of the reasons they didn't make the cut originally (middle of no where, not playing for National Title anytime soon, etc.) <_<

So what does this have to do with Ohio State? He figures, "of my remaining schools which one is going to come closet to that level of devotion?" Certainly not ASU. Maybe USC as along as they are winning, but he's still kind of pissed that they slow played him for awhile to focus on DE. So if the atmosphere at Ohio State is even half of what he experienced at Nebraska, he commits on the spot. Again :bang

Pure speculation but...

Or pure crap. Anyway, ESPN actually talked to his coach:

Under Armour All-American defensive tackle Corey Adams has made official visits to Nebraska and Arizona State and is planning a trip to USC in December. But Adams' official visit to Ohio State this weekend when the Buckeyes host Penn State in a prime-time showdown game is going to be key to where Adams ends up according to his high school coach.

"This weekend will tell the tale," Saguaro coach John Sanders said. "I don't think he will need to visit USC to know where he wants to go."

The 6-foot-3, 277-pound Adams, the No. 52 prospect in the ESPNU 150, has the ability to be an impact player at the next level. He is one of a half dozen key prospects the Buckeyes are pursuing to complete what is already an outstanding recruiting class.

"He is excited to come out and look at Buckeye football," Sanders said. "It's a big game. He is excited."

However, no matter how well things go this weekend, Adams is not expected to announce his college choice anytime soon.

"I think he'll announce Jan. 4 at halftime of the Under Armour All-America Game on television," Sanders said. "I'm coaching the defensive backs and Corey will be playing on the defensive line."

Saguaro is 7-0 this season and has won 26 games in a row over the last three seasons. With wins in their last two regular season games, Saguaro will tie the state record of 28 consecutive wins and would establish a new state record with a victory in their first playoff game.

Adams missed three games this season with a very badly sprained right ankle. He is back in action, though not 100%.

"If he had not been hurt he would have won every award possible this season," Sanders said.

Pete, I'm confused. Do you read this as positive or negative for us?

I'm pretty sure that its a negative since he liked the game time atmosephere here but doesnt think we can be a national title contender and that Ohio can be a contender. If they dont blow it with him I think he will sign after his trip. USC could have had him if they didnt slow play him from the sounds of it.

FYI Corey Adams extended his visit to Ohio State an extra day. He left this morning so updated information is slightly delayed for him, but indications are it went well (for Ohio State).

Here is a picture of him from the game (from Buckeye Planet):

NN4V5739-vi.jpg

Other recruits at the game reported "the shoe was rocking" <_<