NU Beats USC... Tear Goalpost Down?

huskerguy

I heard this discussion on the radio today and I just laughed...

If we beat USC and people try to tear down the goalpost I will be completely embarrassed.

We are so much bigger of a program than this game is. Tearing down goalpost is for nobody's when they beat somebody. Teams tear goalpost down when they beat us, not when we beat them.

I don't think this will ever happen and the people on Sports 590 were idiots for even bringing it up, but I just wanted to know what you guys thought.

I see what everyone is saying & pretty much agree.

But.. it's kind of cool to watch it happen on TV, as long as no one is getting hurt... and I'm drinking pitchers of beers with my friends and celebrating by kicking down the TV, tearing down pictures on the wall, blowing up the fireplace and carrying the reclyner out the house and around the block! Go Huskers! :cheers

We have to beat Wake Forest first.

Having said that... if we beat USC, I certainly hope the goal posts don't come down. This is Lincoln, Nebraska and many big games have been played here and not only have we won big games, but we have won five national championships. Husker Nation has too much class to be reduced to that.

Now hopefully the student body feels the same.

I dont think that you can say that tearing down a goal post is a classless act. and if you think about it most of the people that would be try to take them down would be students. i really do not think that you would see to many people above the age of 30 out there anyway. and for those students what have they had to be happy or excited about.

when i was at the ASU game in Tempe when they beat the Huskers, those ASU students tore down the goalposts and carried them down University Ave and planted one of them at a local bar.

I dont think that anyone would think less of the Husker Fans if the student section rushed the field and tore them down. Now if there was a bunch of old f-ers like me making an ass out of ourselfs then maybe