Back to the Drawing Board

Washusker

It was a bad play call even if the pope called it. Ask anyone outside of the state and you will hear the same thing. Want to know why it was a bad call, because it didn't work at all. The defense knew it was coming. Just like if it worked then it was a good call. That's how it works. The only exception is if someone dropped or fumbled the ball. If you call a play, and the defense predicts it's coming AND it didn't work the play before then it's a bad call. I don't care who called it. BC was not my point at all.

What would you be saying if Lucky picked up the first down? It is easy to bash the play call and say it was the dumbest call when it doesn't work....

easy to second guess now, and being the armchair HC that i am, i would have given the ball to Castille on 3rd down and he would have gotten at least 1 yard, then given it to him again and he would have gotten the 1st down.

then all of you Haters out there would have been saying that i have the biggest nuts around

just like AC/DC

I've got big balls, dirty big balls, I've got the biggest balls of them all

easy to second guess now, and being the armchair HC that i am, i would have given the ball to Castille on 3rd down and he would have gotten at least 1 yard, then given it to him again and he would have gotten the 1st down.

then all of you Haters out there would have been saying that i have the biggest nuts around

just like AC/DC

I've got big balls, dirty big balls, I've got the biggest balls of them all

Take a shower dirtball!!!

Husker Rob, that would have been a better series and I would like you to be our HC. Can I start an exploritory commitee or can we announce you as a condidate now? I would prefer you make calls.

And, TD Tommie, didn't you read what I said. If it worked then it was the right call and I would have given him credit. IT DIDN'T WORK, SO STOP THE WHAT IF GAME....IT DIDN'T WORK...BAD CALL. But "WHAT IF" Wake didn't drop the ball on a deep TD pass, throw a pick in the end zone and we lost anyway???? Well, that is basically if you play the "what if" game. None of that matters because it didn't happen either.

Husker Rob, that would have been a better series and I would like you to be our HC. Can I start an exploritory commitee or can we announce you as a condidate now? I would prefer you make calls.

And, TD Tommie, didn't you read what I said. If it worked then it was the right call and I would have given him credit. IT DIDN'T WORK, SO STOP THE WHAT IF GAME....IT DIDN'T WORK...BAD CALL. But "WHAT IF" Wake didn't drop the ball on a deep TD pass, throw a pick in the end zone and we lost anyway???? Well, that is basically if you play the "what if" game. None of that matters because it didn't happen either.

hell, no.........i would spend to much time on Huskerboard trying to figure out what i should do about bearly winning the last game than what i should be doing about the next game.

and i would get my feelings hurt because i wouldnt be able to please everyone.

now if i could get high speed internet access on the sidelines, so i could get everyones approval on each play before i called it, then i might think about it

i think BC is doing fine. i'm glad he went for it on 4th down. i honestly, honestly believe he puts players in a great position to make plays and it is up to our players to EXECUTE.

dropped passes and missed tackles are not his fault.

even the players say after games, "it was a great game plan, and we executed it perfectly." after wins

or

"the plays were there to be made, we just didn't make them." after losses

the better the players we keep getting, the less the execution mistakes will be made.

I'm tired of everyone making the excuse that Callahan and Cosgrove "called a vanilla game" in order to keep schemes off tape for USC to prepare for. That's total B.S. The facts are the facts...Nebraska fans expected a good showing today, and there's no way that Callahan and Cosgrove would roll the dice and be vanilla, expecting that we would barely win. In this day in age in college football, you cannot be vanilla anymore. Look at parity in the game...you can't just show up on gameday and manhandle the other team just because you are Nebraska. The bottom line is that NU failed to execute in many phases both on offense and on defense. Had NU executed a few more 3rd Down conversions, eliminated some of their killer penalties, established better control of the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball, and tackled better, this game would have been under control by the end of the 3rd quarter. It doesn't matter what type of gameplan you bring into a game if the offense and defense do not execute the fundamentals. NU could bring the best gameplans in the world for the USC game, but if the players do not improve their execution, we're in trouble. In the end, we're 2-0, we're heading back home, and let's hope that we have a great week of practice. I guarantee you that the effort will be much better next Saturday with the home crowd spurring the team on...let's just hope that the pass catching, blocking and tackling will be much better as well.

Back to the Drawing Board

That would infer we need to start all over and get a whole new gameplan, what we need is to smooth over our deficiencies....which aren't many. This is every team I've seen on television...it's early.

Besides, how would you like to be Michigan???

If you are satisfied with the way the team played today, be my guest. I'm not.

I'm a lot more satisfied than lets say Aub, Georgia, ND, Mich.

No we didn't look great, but Callahan got out of there with a win. A lot of fans on this board said they would be happy with a 1pt win as long as we won.

There is room for improvement no doubt about it. We seem to have to rebuild some part of the team every year. It will be nice when we have most of the team coming back as 2nd year starters. Replacing the front 4 on the defensive line this year had to be tough, but next year we will lose a lot of l/b but we have enough returning to step right in and not miss a beat. "QB" start over again. I will wait till Callahan has a team that has those 2yr starters at each position coming back each year. Till then I'm just going to try and enjoy the ride.

GBR!!! :woo:woo:woo

I'm tired of everyone making the excuse that Callahan and Cosgrove "called a vanilla game" in order to keep schemes off tape for USC to prepare for. That's total B.S. The facts are the facts...Nebraska fans expected a good showing today, and there's no way that Callahan and Cosgrove would roll the dice and be vanilla, expecting that we would barely win. In this day in age in college football, you cannot be vanilla anymore. Look at parity in the game...you can't just show up on gameday and manhandle the other team just because you are Nebraska. The bottom line is that NU failed to execute in many phases both on offense and on defense. Had NU executed a few more 3rd Down conversions, eliminated some of their killer penalties, established better control of the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball, and tackled better, this game would have been under control by the end of the 3rd quarter. It doesn't matter what type of gameplan you bring into a game if the offense and defense do not execute the fundamentals. NU could bring the best gameplans in the world for the USC game, but if the players do not improve their execution, we're in trouble. In the end, we're 2-0, we're heading back home, and let's hope that we have a great week of practice. I guarantee you that the effort will be much better next Saturday with the home crowd spurring the team on...let's just hope that the pass catching, blocking and tackling will be much better as well.

I think you hit it right on the head when you said the the defense and offense have to execute the fundamentals. The "players" are on the field not the coaches. Dropped passes, missed tackles, missed blocks even the best play calling can't help that. 2-0, I'll take it.

GBR!!!

hell, no.........i would spend to much time on Huskerboard trying to figure out what i should do about bearly winning the last game than what i should be doing about the next game.

and i would get my feelings hurt because i wouldnt be able to please everyone.

now if i could get high speed internet access on the sidelines, so i could get everyones approval on each play before i called it, then i might think about it

I'm picking up on your sarcasm there Rob.......... :lol:

What worries me is that this is the same BC that we've seen for the last three years. This is the guy with whom we are going to the dance, folks.

Does that really make you feel comforted?

In the past Husker fans have called for a 'Red Out' for the big game. This year Husker fans are calling for a 'Black Out' for this weekends game against USC. The game is at night, and with 85,000 fans dressed in black it will make for a really intimidating place to play. Please pass the word! Go Big Red!