QB Nathan Scheelhaase

huskerfan500

i am pretty sure he will go to iowa...

Well they need it because Christensen might be one of the worst QB's I've ever seen!

He's no Brett Farve, true, but man, that O-line didn't do sh#t for him last season. He was on his ass just about every play.

True, but he doesn't go through his progressions at all even when he has time to throw. He also will try and push passes into to places that there is no way the pass is going to be completed when he could dump it off to his tight end or running back.

Can't argue with that.

I like the way this ended up working out. My 2 favorite QBs in this class went to my two favorite schools, my #1 favorite to Nebraska, #2 to Illinois, just like I wanted it!

i wonder how tigerboard is taking it.

All Mizzou fans knew he was headed elsewhere. We have commitments from 2 QB's for 09. Blaine Dalton signing early iced Scheelhaase. Then we offered and got a commit from a kid in Arkansas who just won their statewide QB competition.

My gut feeling is the Pinkel and staff were straight with him and told him that it was unlikely that he'd play QB at Mizzou, but more likely WR or even on D. (Nathan's arm has not impressed everyone). Stoops probably did the same. Ron Zook on the other hand, will say anything to a kid to get him to sign.

I wish the kid health and success.

My gut feeling is the Pinkel and staff were straight with him and told him that it was unlikely that he'd play QB at Mizzou, but more likely WR or even on D. (Nathan's arm has not impressed everyone). Stoops probably did the same. Ron Zook on the other hand, will say anything to a kid to get him to sign.

I'm not Zook's biggest fan, and I do think he can be shady when it comes to recruiting, but I think in this case it may be that Illinois' stock appears to be rising, and he might become the heir-apparent to Juice Williams. With his mobility, even if he doesn't have a great arm, he should work well in their system,

Supposed to make his decision tomorrow:

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/story/705169.html

Can probably scrath Mizzou and NU off that list of choices. My guess would be Illinois or OU, although someone above mentioned Iowa. KU seems to be the least talked about when his name comes up, but who knows.

It's sad that the KC Star didn't run a follow up after his committing to Illinois. Homer journalism at it's worst.

Can probably scrath Mizzou and NU off that list of choices. My guess would be Illinois or OU, although someone above mentioned Iowa. KU seems to be the least talked about when his name comes up, but who knows.

It's sad that the KC Star didn't run a follow up after his committing to Illinois. Homer journalism at it's worst.

You mean the lengthy front page article of him on Thursday in the Sports section of the KC Star wearing an Illinois hat wasn't enough for you? <_<

You mean the lengthy front page article of him on Thursday in the Sports section of the KC Star wearing an Illinois hat wasn't enough for you? <_<

I missed it and couldn't find anything in their high school section in the following days. I like the KC Star for the most part.