QB Nathan Scheelhaase

huskerfan500

if you are good enough, you don't care who else comes in.....old argument/excuse that doesn't hold water.

Only one qb can play, other guy rides-pine. Maybe the other guy is just kicking-ass, maybe he learns the system a little quicker or wins little more than a coin-flip and gets an early edge for playing-time and doesn't screw-up for you to get a shot, maybe you fall-behind due to injury. A very good qb can end-up holding a clipboard for his career fairly easily.

When it comes to other positions I could see your argument more. At qb I'd say watching your step is pretty reasonable.

any new info on Scheelhaase?

Scout article about his visit to Ole Miss: Nathan leaves Ole Miss with new perspective:

"The trip blew us away. I guess that is the best way I can describe it,"

[Close to former coaching staff from Arkansas. Ole Miss is beautiful. blah blah blah]

Has there been a pecking order established?

"As of June 1st, everybody is equal. This is our first visit and we are not leaning towards anyone. The door is wide open and will remain that way for the next three weeks."

Which colleges will receive a visit from Nate's son during the next three weeks?

"We are going to 1 and 2 Day camps over the next three weeks to Oklahoma, Nebraska, Missouri, Nebraska, Colorado, Iowa, Illinois, Stanford, South Florida, and possible Wake Forest."

The fact that NU gets mentioned twice has got to be good, right?

"We knew they had a great staff from Arkansas, but we did not know how beautiful the university is, or how impressive their academic programs are, and their facilities are fabulous. The stadium is top notch. The workout center is awesome, and the Fed Ex Center for student learning is unbelievable. They have the total package over there at Ole Miss. And I am no stranger to campuses from across the country. I played for the University of Iowa and have visited many/many campuses through my recruitment, playing at different stadiums, and now going through the recruiting process with Nathan. I can honestly tell you that Ole Miss can stand toe to toe with anyone in the country. It is just a picturesque place."

OK now, granted, I don't actually know what Ole Miss is like, but I have to think that he might just pass out from the awesomeness that is Nebraska's facilities/stadium/campus, given his reaction to them.