QB Nathan Scheelhaase

huskerfan500

I love how he hung around with Will Compton the entire weekend. Also stated it was nice to see his old friend Blake Lawrence. I think we have a great shot at landing this stud!

Man I hope your right.............

Even though I'd love to see him stay home at Mizzou, Stoops is recruiting him as a QB. Most others as an athlete. He wants to QB, even though he'll be deep on the chart at OU, OU is my pick as to where he'll go.

I love how he hung around with Will Compton the entire weekend. Also stated it was nice to see his old friend Blake Lawrence. I think we have a great shot at landing this stud!

Man I hope your right.............

Even though I'd love to see him stay home at Mizzou, Stoops is recruiting him as a QB. Most others as an athlete. He wants to QB, even though he'll be deep on the chart at OU, OU is my pick as to where he'll go.

Dunno, we are recruiting him as a QB too. The one thing I have learned over the years is never trust what a 17 year old kid says! They change their mind like the weather and until a person has signed on the dotted line to come here I will believe it when I see it!

As far as playing time at OU goes, they just recruited a Texas blue chipper Landry Jones at QB. I work with his uncle and this kid is the real deal. So if he wants to go where he can get PT at QB, it may be real hard at OU.

We are recruiting him as QB?

Is that a good thing?

Yep and Yep.

Watson told Nathan that the Huskers would utilize all of his talents if he were to come to Nebraska. Watson also talked about the different things they'd like to do at quarterback with a guy like Scheelhaase. Nebraska IS recruiting him as a QB. This one should be interesting to watch.

*On a side Note* I finally got around to watching his game film and he mirrors the playing style and ability of QB Pat White of West Virginia. This kid can set and throw, throw it on the run, and just flat out run with the ball. A very dangerous combo in college football!

• 3 weeks later...

Latest from Husker Journal. Sounds like he is high on us and knows our facilities are da bomb. I like our chances yet many schools to compete against here.

MAY 15, 2008. PREP STAR

NATHAN SCHEELHAASE, QB, 6-3, 188, 4.5, KANSAS CITY (ROCKHURST), MO

Nathan had many offers from such schools as: Iowa, Nebraska, Arkansas, Arizona, Oklahoma, Wake Forest, Stanford, Kansas, South Florida, Oklahoma State, Colorado, San Diego State, Illinois.

“Nebraska’s spring game was a good time.” said Scheelhaase, “I hung out with Will Compton. I met him last year when we went to the USC game. I kept in touch with him ever since. Nebraska’s facilities are the best, they improve about every year.”

“Nebraska coaches say I know the offense well and developed my skills. They (Nebraska coaches) said they would like to see me in red and white. Coach Watson sends me lots of letters.” he said

“I will probably make it to Lincoln June 9th for a day and see what is going on.”

“Missouri Junior Day’s was a good time. It’s a local school. I know a lot of players from my school that play at Missouri.” said Scheelhaase

“Missouri coaches said they want to keep all the instate players and branch out from there, become more of a national team. All the Missouri coaches been together for 7 or 8 years, they seem to click together.”

“Oklahoma is one of the best programs year end year out.” he said, “My dad played football with Coach Stoops at Iowa. I’ve been down to Oklahoma to see games in the past.”

“Oklahoma coaches said I can play at the next level. Coach Heupel (QB coach) was on the National Championship team. Coach Heupel is coming up to Rockhurst this Friday.” said Scheelhaase

“Colorado just offered me, they are a coming program.” he said, “They signed the number one running back last year. In a couple years they will contend for the Big 12 North.”

“I don’t know much about them (Colorado), I will visit Colorado this summer.”

“I’m going to Iowa this summer with my dad. They were the first school to offer me.”said Scheelhaase, “I use to make trip to Iowa City when I grew up, I saw a couple games there.”

“Iowa is a good education. I like Big 10 football its hard nose football.” he said

“I like Houston Nutt (Mississippi), they were my second offer. I feel good with their program. Ole Miss runs the spread offense the play fits my style.”

“I check the internet to see what schools are recruiting quarterbacks. It’s important who they are after, who they sign. I do have the mentality to beat out who ever I do compete against. I will probably narrow my list down once I visit all the school this summer, I would like to make a decision by fall.”

Some schools Nathan said he would like to visit this summer: Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Mississippi, South Florida, Colorado, Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska, Iowa, and Illinois.

***SNIP***

“I like Houston Nutt (Mississippi), they were my second offer. I feel good with their program. Ole Miss runs the spread offense the play fits my style.”

***SNIP***

The spread??????????

Houston Nutt has never based his offense off any passing attack. If this kid wants to throw the ball even ocassionally, he for damn sure better steer clear of any Nutt-led team....

***SNIP***

***SNIP***

The spread??????????

Houston Nutt has never based his offense off any passing attack. If this kid wants to throw the ball even ocassionally, he for damn sure better steer clear of any Nutt-led team....

If anything Nutt is known as a guy whose team started the trend of using the qb-less "wildcat" formation.

That comment ranks up there with the stud qb from Pitt's latest class that loved their "win any way possible" attitude when Pitt hadn't had a winning season in the Wanny-era.

***SNIP***

***SNIP***

The spread??????????

If anything Nutt is known as a guy whose team started the trend of using the qb-less "wildcat" formation.

That comment ranks up there with the stud qb from Pitt's latest class that loved their "win any way possible" attitude when Pitt hadn't had a winning season in the Wanny-era.

:rollin

True, dat!