huskerfan500

Player: Nathan Scheelhaase

Hometown: Kansas City, MO (Rockhurst)

Position: Dual threat QB, WR, Safety

Height: 6'3"

Weight: 184

40 time: 4.53

Visit Date: came to the USC game and spring game, 6-9-08 for three days

Scholarships offered:Iowa, Arkansas, Nebraska, Missouri, Kansas, Stanford, Oklahoma, San Diego State, Wake Forest, Illinois, Oregon, Arizona South Florida and Ole Miss.

Favorites:

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals: :star:star:star:star #173 overall, #15 QB, Second best Scrambler

Bid Red Report: :star:star:star:star #12 QB

Assessing the talent: Recently did very good at the Nike camp at Columbia,

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 20% he came to the USC game and spring game and had really good things to say about NU

• 5 months later...

Position: ATH

Height: 6'2"

Weight: 181

Visit Date:

Scholarships offered: Nebraska

Favorites:

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals:

Bid Red Report:

Assessing the talent:

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 25% very early, but he is coming to the USC game

Just to keep you up to date - Nathan has an offer from Mizzou. If Blaine Dalton (already verbally committed) keeps his nose clean, I think Nathan will go somewhere besides Mizzou. But you never know.

Visit Date:

Favorites:

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals:

Bid Red Report:

Assessing the talent:

Just to keep you up to date - Nathan has an offer from Mizzou. If Blaine Dalton (already verbally committed) keeps his nose clean, I think Nathan will go somewhere besides Mizzou. But you never know.

What are the potential positions for this young man. Sounds like QB is one of them? Are there performance numbers on him (yards, tackles, completions,etc. --- not measurables like 40, etc. that are already posted).

Other offers?

Visit Date:

Favorites:

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals:

Bid Red Report:

Assessing the talent:

What are the potential positions for this young man. Sounds like QB is one of them? Are there performance numbers on him (yards, tackles, completions,etc. --- not measurables like 40, etc. that are already posted).

Other offers?

He officially has offers from Nebraska, Mizzou, Arkansas and Iowa. Contacted by: Wisconsin, Boston College, Kansas State, South Florida, Oklahoma, Illinois. QB for sure - great arm and scrambler. I don't know what other positions, if any, he has played. His dad played for Iowa.

Visit Date:

Favorites:

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals:

Bid Red Report:

Assessing the talent:

Other offers?

He officially has offers from Nebraska, Mizzou, Arkansas and Iowa. Contacted by: Wisconsin, Boston College, Kansas State, South Florida, Oklahoma, Illinois. QB for sure - great arm and scrambler. I don't know what other positions, if any, he has played. His dad played for Iowa.

If he plays QB in college, that school is in trouble.

Helluva athlete, but VERY erratic thrower. Put that on full display during the Army AA Combine.

Scheelhaase could also play WR or DB. He played some safety at Rockhurst prior to this year and was very solid. Most schools are now offering him and saying they'll figure out where he'll play later. Also, I'm pretty sure he has quite a few other offers beside Nebraska, Iowa, Arkansas and Missouri.

• 4 weeks later...

updated him, he is rising quickly now. I don't know what NU wants him as but he wants to play at QB

Some more recent offers:

Wake Forest, S.Florida, San Diego St., Ole Miss

previously: Missouri,Nebraska,Arkansas,Iowa,Oklahoma,Kansas

Here's a nice video that shows why there is such interest:

http://showmesportsonline.com/scheelhaase_video

Thanks for the link. I would love to see more film of this guy, especially his passing. But it at least looks like he has the physical skills of a D1 QB. It'll be interesting to see where he ends up.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I love how he hung around with Will Compton the entire weekend. Also stated it was nice to see his old friend Blake Lawrence. I think we have a great shot at landing this stud!

I hope your right, but I would not get too excited. Nathans dad played at Iowa University, along side Bob Stoops. Supposedly they are very close. I think Nathan has both schools above Nebraska, I still think we have a great chance.